Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

An AEC Ergomatic badged Willème. Just got this picture a minute ago with no more information.

Looks like it’s in primer, straight from the factory.

Covered in fingerprints and muck, standing out in the rain. No wonder they were rotboxes. :smiley:

Froggy55:
0An AEC Ergomatic badged Willème. Just got this picture a minute ago with no more information.

Driven a few of those over the years Froggy, Leyland / AEC …one was a Leyland Lynx Artic, I think @ 26T gross, can’t remember the HP, not much I imagined. The thing I do remember, it spent more time in the workshops, (the fitters hated the thing), mostly engine / overheating problems, ( I was never a hard driver , so ii wasn’t me ) they didn’t have a cylinder head, the block / head was machined in one, it was suppose to eliminate head gasket problems ( which it did of course) but gave trouble in other ways, had it about 6 months then they gave me a Mandator, think it was for my patience :unamused:

Absolutely tipping it down here, rain stopped hedge cutting, so time to post a few pics.

Note the absence of my Health and Safety officer, Whippersnapper, conveniently he’s swanning off to Italy on an important job. :unamused:

Down at the Cimetiere

Fairground…French / Belgian style…no Scammels, Fodens or ERF’s here !

Heavies.

Badged engineering… :confused:

Tranquil days

Over to you Froggy / Anorak / Michael…Any idea what’s going on here ?

Lastly…a mix of black and whites pictures for you Froggy, I know you like the odd,old, rare, and unusual ones…enjoy :wink:

Fergie47:
Absolutely tipping it down here, rain stopped hedge cutting, so time to post a few pics.

Note the absence of my Health and Safety officer, Whippersnapper, conveniently he’s swanning off to Italy on an important job. :unamused:

Still not using a cherry picker I see… tut tut tut, you’re going to be put on the list Mr. Fergie… :laughing:

Fergie47:
Down at the Cimetiere

Surely the red Iveco could/should be saved…?

Fergie47:
Heavies.

Zwagerman had three of those Titans in the fleet, all three of them ended up some years later in the Sarens fleet IIRC.

Fergie47:

Protesting against the introduction of the tachograph maybe?

Interesting batch of oldies Senior, cheers! This one stands out for me!

Caminhao Isotta AVA03.jpg

Fergie47:

Froggy55:
0An AEC Ergomatic badged Willème. Just got this picture a minute ago with no more information.

Driven a few of those over the years Froggy, Leyland / AEC …one was a Leyland Lynx Artic, I think @ 26T gross, can’t remember the HP, not much I imagined. The thing I do remember, it spent more time in the workshops, (the fitters hated the thing), mostly engine / overheating problems, ( I was never a hard driver , so ii wasn’t me ) they didn’t have a cylinder head, the block / head was machined in one, it was suppose to eliminate head gasket problems ( which it did of course) but gave trouble in other ways, had it about 6 months then they gave me a Mandator, think it was for my patience :unamused:

Interesting! I thought “headless” blocks were fitted only on very early engines. It musn’t have been easy to remove or adjust the valves on such engines. Do you Willème engine had no rocker lubricating system until the mid 1950s? Every few hundred miles, the driver had to remove the cover and sprinkle oil on all the rockers.

Fergie47:
Down at the Cimetiere

Mack EFT épave.jpgDid you take this picture yourself, Dave? It’s a very rare and interesting Mack EFT fitted with the same Genève cab as the Unics of the sixties. It needs a little elbow grease and tyre pumping, but certainly is worth preserving!

Fergie47:

I’d say a truckers’ demonstration on a French motorway in the 1970s.

Fergie47:
Lastly…a mix of black and whites pictures for you Froggy, I know you like the odd,old, rare, and unusual ones…enjoy :wink:

Certainly a most interesting mix! In order:

1- fifth truck from right is a Saurer ZS with an Unic cab

2- A Citroën between two Unics

3- these are pre-WW II Renault buses used on a trans-Sahara line in French North Africa

5- Willème DG 30 (c. 1932)

6- Berliet GPEF 12 fitted with a charcoal gas generator

7- i’s say Barreiros

8- Brazilian FNM built under Isotta-Fraschini license

9- Probably ex-Wehrmacht Mercedes or MAN

10- maybe an imported American (Ford?) truck converted into a 6x2