Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

michel:
Saviem JL20V with Cottard cab.

Pure art that is!

Here you are Froggy, a few more 6 wheelers…I’ll have the TV cabbed Bernard… :wink:

pv83:

Froggy55:
Leyland Chieftain with Pelpel cab

How much were sold with that Pelpel cab fitted Froggy?

This cab was one of Pelplel’s last models, and matches by no ways the reputation of quality Pelpel had. It was fitted mainly on a few handfulls of Bernards, and probably just a few Leylands. Poorly designed and assembled with cheap steel, it rusted very quickly and I’m not even sure one of them was preserved. As we say in French “le chant du cygne” for Pelpel.

Pic 7 is a Bernard fitted with a streamlined cab probably made by Frappat or Alquier c. 1950. Probably needed to reach the max speed of 30 mph with its 105 bhp Gardner 6 LW engine.

Fergie47:
Here you are Froggy, a few more 6 wheelers…I’ll have the TV cabbed Bernard… :wink:

Froggy55:
Pic 7 is a Bernard fitted with a streamlined cab probably made by Frappat or Alquier c. 1950. Probably needed to reach the max speed of 30 mph with its 105 bhp Gardner 6 LW engine.

Fergie47:

If only they would go back designing lorries like that…

Here’s the same Pelpel cab on a Bernard TD 211 chassis with a Mack engine. Looks longer, but it’s the same design.

Froggy55:
Here’s the same Pelpel cab on a Bernard TD 211 chassis with a Mack engine. Looks longer, but it’s the same design.

The Leyland had the same cab, but it was mounted further back on the chassis. Wonder why?

Maybe the Mack engine (11.6 litres) was longer and may have needed a bigger radiator than the Leyland?

Bonjour a tous
avez-vous ces 2 images grand format s’il vous plaît?
Merci
Salut
MIMMO

m20-truck-photos-volvo-f12_360_1e54860a5fddcafd5ce7b7a32bc85175.jpg

M20-Truck-Photos-Iveco-G-Bellanger.jpg

Je pense que tu te trompes de Forum car ici, en principe, on parle l’anglais. De plus, tes deux Iveco ne sont disponibles qu’en achetant ces photos sur Ebay, ce que je me refuse à faire.
Iveco TurboStar 190-38 T: the best truck I ever had!

An other special cab from Tual and Gourmelen on Saviem JL20T with a semi " savoyarde" Trailor.

michel:
An other special cab from Tual and Gourmelen on Saviem JL20T with a semi " savoyarde" Trailor.

Quite a few Pelpel parts on the cab, it appears. I will guess at its vintage- 1965.

Slightly off topic, but congratulations on 250 pages of “Saviem’s fan club” I’m sure John would have been pretty chuffed, and thanks to everyone who have, and continue, to post on this topic and keep it going in his memory. …

michel:

Thanks Michel! I had never seen this cab before, even on a French forum or magazine. I definitely prefer the design of the standard Saviem/Somua cab, even if this one must be more spacious.

Saviem SM 240 with a pub for french “pasta”

Fergie47:
Slightly off topic, but congratulations on 250 pages of “Saviem’s fan club” I’m sure John would have been pretty chuffed, and thanks to everyone who have, and continue, to post on this topic and keep it going in his memory. …

You’ve also played a big role.

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

jsutherland:

Fergie47:

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

Agree with Herr Sutherlands comments,
Dave you have played a big part along with Froggy and everyone else who posts, including Whips, it would be good to have seen some of Johns comments/memories regarding the photos’s. RIP

pete smith:

jsutherland:

Fergie47:

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

Dave you have played a big part along with Froggy and everyone else who posts, including Whips, it would be good to have seen some of Johns comments/memories regarding the photos’s. RIP

It’s a team effort Pete, doesn’t matter if it’s about the photographs or certain info or just simply about taking the mickey. Well done everyone :wink:

pv83:

pete smith:

jsutherland:

Fergie47:

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

It’s a team effort Pete, doesn’t matter if it’s about the photographs or certain info or just simply about taking the mickey. Well done everyone :wink:

Morning Patrick,
Yes its a team effort, I’ve posted all my stuff for John when he was still with us, mostly local to John and myself. All the French gear what Dave, Froggy, Michel and yourself post is all new to me but very interesting all the same. Are you still in France or back in NL?