Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

It’s raining, got some time to play… :unamused:

Various black and white pic’s

More oldies

A model and the real thing.

Down on the farm

Nostalgic old scene…the pumps on the side of the pavement, and topping up a drum on the bed of the wagon…

Fergie47:
Down on the farm

Thought I’d recognised the place…

What model is that Citroën rigid? Never seen those before…

pv83:
What model is that Citroën rigid? Never seen those before…

That got me thinking, too. Typing “Camion Citroen” into Google yielded nothing like it.

Incidedntally, the “unusual” cab on the bonnetted Berliet is a Cottard Boule.

Lovely tasty pictures as I love them!

3 pics below the odd Citroen, what is going on with the 6x4 Berliet (model no?) tipper/trailer outfit? It looks like it is carrying a trailer in kit form. Perhaps our resident heavy haulage expert will have some idea?

[zb]
anorak:
3 pics below the odd Citroen, what is going on with the 6x4 Berliet (model no?) tipper/trailer outfit? It looks like it is carrying a trailer in kit form. Perhaps our resident heavy haulage expert will have some idea?[/quote/

Was wondering about that too Anorak, but seeing it on a bigger screen now, it looks like they’ve put two dollies on the back, maybe for a long load to carry?
As we’ve seen before, they came up with quite some “out of the box” solutions back in them days…

And you were referring to a certain heavy haulage expert, surely that must be Herr Sutherland…? :laughing: :laughing:

big-6981624e4d.jpg

pv83:

[zb]
anorak:
3 pics below the odd Citroen, what is going on with the 6x4 Berliet (model no?) tipper/trailer outfit? It looks like it is carrying a trailer in kit form. Perhaps our resident heavy haulage expert will have some idea?
[/quote/

Was wondering about that too Anorak, but seeing it on a bigger screen now, it looks like they’ve put two dollies on the back, maybe for a long load to carry?
As we’ve seen before, they came up with quite some “out of the box” solutions back in them days…

And you were referring to a certain heavy haulage expert, surely that must be Herr Sutherland…? [emoji38]
[emoji38]

Mr Whippersnapper is being too shy again. We all know who Anorak is writing about. Since I know next to nothing about heavy haulage compared to you, it is certainly not me. [emoji3][emoji3]

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

jsutherland:

pv83:

[zb]
anorak:
[/quote/

And you were referring to a certain heavy haulage expert, surely that must be Herr Sutherland…? [emoji38]
[emoji38]

Mr Whippersnapper is being too shy again. We all know who Anorak is writing about. Since I know next to nothing about heavy haulage compared to you, it is certainly not me. [emoji3][emoji3]

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

:wink:

Meanwhile at Fergie’s Ltd… the latest addition to the fleet… what do you need aircon for eh…

Fergie’s Ltd… we don’t ■■■■ about…

41851558_1117650891730589_5645168949298462720_n.jpg

42299655_1078875172281211_3806714168250204160_n.jpg

42168977_1077858422382886_3133095010828812288_n.jpg

pv83:

You are so pushing your luck… :smiling_imp:

pv83:

Patrick, what are you doing laddie. Where are you supposed to be staying in a weeks time? You are playing with fire…

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

pv83:

[zb]
anorak:

And you were referring to a certain heavy haulage expert, surely that must be Herr Sutherland…? :laughing: :laughing:

axles.JPG
A brace of tandem dollies, or four single axles? Either way, they are straight out of the paint shop.

Fergie47:

pv83:

You are so pushing your luck… :smiling_imp:

There there Senior, I’ll be bringing some presents… :laughing: