Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

pv83:
Found these pic’s about Belgium haulage back in the day, very interesting stuff, I’ll leave it to the experts to put a name on the lorries…

The “Tapisserie Granville” truck is a Belgian-built Minerva.

pv83:

1934 Renault VTD for Pic 2; coal-gas (gazogène) operated Brossel for Pic 6.

Some really good photos there Whips…nice to see both Anorak and Froggy giving us info on the wagons, keep it up lads, the info makes the picture… :wink:

Nice pictures there! The muffled bonnet is one of Miesse’s last models, powered by a Gardner diesel; c. 1968.

Froggy55:
Nice pictures there! The muffled bonnet is one of Miesse’s last models, powered by a Gardner diesel; c. 1968.

Obviously Gardner powered Froggy , the oil drips underneath gives it away doesn’t it ? Dave

I had this 1956 Triumph motobike, and it had the same problem. Very British, then (French vehicles never leak).

[zb]
anorak:

Froggy55:

Fergie47:
Complete mix of Pic’s…

File comment:

I think Pic 1 comes from the TV serie “La Route”; Pic 2’s overturned truck looks like a Mercedes L 6600. First truck on Pic 6 is mysterious; maybe a Saurer fitted with a special cab, I’ll try to find more about it.

Agree on the Saurer in pic 6. The cab looks a bit Dutch to me, but don’t let that colour your judgment. There was a similar wide, low cab not too far back in this thread, IIRC.

Not sure about the overturned one. The grille looks a bit short for a Merc 66. Could it be another Saurer?

According to JF Colombet, Charge-Utiles’s chief editor, the overturned truck is a Mercedes LS 332, and the grey truck on Pic 6 a Saurer 3 CT3 D

Froggy55:

[zb]
anorak:

Froggy55:

Fergie47:
Complete mix of Pic’s…

File comment:

I think Pic 1 comes from the TV serie “La Route”; Pic 2’s overturned truck looks like a Mercedes L 6600. First truck on Pic 6 is mysterious; maybe a Saurer fitted with a special cab, I’ll try to find more about it.

Agree on the Saurer in pic 6. The cab looks a bit Dutch to me, but don’t let that colour your judgment. There was a similar wide, low cab not too far back in this thread, IIRC.

Not sure about the overturned one. The grille looks a bit short for a Merc 66. Could it be another Saurer?

According to JF Colombet, Charge-Utiles’s chief editor, the overturned truck is a Mercedes LS 332, and the grey truck on Pic 6 a Saurer 3 CT3 D

Excellent research Froggy55- the lorry was indeed a Merc, as you correctly stated, but a slightly later model. If any more evidence is needed, here it is:

I’m still interested in the cab on the Saurer. I’m sure I’ve seen one of those wide, low cabs somewhere else. Maybe this is it, at Locomotion en Féte this year:

20180609_181913.jpg

I’ve just noticed, yesterday (16th) was the second anniversary of the passing of Saviem. :frowning: :frowning:
R.I.P. John, your sadly missed. Regards Kev. Edit!!! Oops !!!so sorry I was wrong got the months mixed up. :blush: :blush: :blush:

kevmac47:
I’ve just noticed, yesterday (16th) was the second anniversary of the passing of Saviem. :frowning: :frowning:
R.I.P. John, your sadly missed. Regards Kev. Edit!!! Oops !!!so sorry I was wrong got the months mixed up. :blush: :blush: :blush:

Hi Kev,
You had me at it! Looked at Calendar before reading the last bit of your message!!

Fergie47:
Some really good photos there Whips…nice to see both Anorak and Froggy giving us info on the wagons, keep it up lads, the info makes the picture… :wink:

Cheers Senior, and cheers to Froggy and Anorak for the info.

Patrick pulling into Lincoln Farm Cafe for his 45!

IMG_20180715_113126.jpg

IMG_20180715_113120.jpg

pete smith:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

pete smith:

kevmac47:

Hi Kev,
You had me at it! Looked at Calendar before reading the last bit of your message!!

Sorry Pete, had a senior moment!! :blush: :blush: :laughing: :laughing:
I really do miss His contributions. Regards Kev.

kevmac47:

pete smith:

kevmac47:

Hi Kev,

Sorry Pete, had a senior moment!! :blush: :blush: :laughing: :laughing:
I really do miss His contributions. Regards Kev.

I think we all miss his comments and knowledge Kev, Imagine Deans thread with the Paul Gee pic’s, you could have doubled the page count with a few of Johns paragraphs of knowledge! Cheer’s Pete

MaggieD:

pete smith:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

No need to be jealous lads! :laughing: :laughing:

pete smith:

Remote controlled?

Froggy55:

pete smith:

Remote controlled?

Yes Paul, had a fair old turn of speed as well,

It must have been great fun, then!