Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

Came across these the other day…

20180522_121900.jpg

20180522_121924.jpg

20180522_122026.jpg

20180522_121728.jpg

I have received this picture from a good source who assures me this is Johnny Sutherland behind the wheel and Patrick PV83 giving him a bump start after he had stalled it!

pete smith:
I have received this picture from a good source who assures me this is Johnny Sutherland behind the wheel and Patrick PV83 giving him a bump start after he had stalled it!

[emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

pv83:
Spotted this Panhard today on the motorway, you don’t see much of those about, certainly not here up North…

It’s a Panhard 24 BT of the mid '60s. My brother owned one back in the late 1990s, and I remember driving it for a short trip, sitting on a bucket because the seat had been removed for repair. Rather brilliant and well equipped for its time, and its 858 cc flat twin was very gutty!

A bit of fun…

Fergie47:
A bit of fun…

I can already guess the comment from Patrick about these pictrues :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .

Doesn’t match the drama of the last post, but a tidy little motor.

jsutherland:

Fergie47:
A bit of fun…

I can already guess the comment from Patrick about these pictrues :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .

That lot looks like it was filmed for “Beadles About”!
Patrick’s comment would be, “It looks like that is in Scotland, was that you Johnny Sutherland?”

Fergie47:
A bit of fun…

These pictures are part of a video which has been going round and round Internet for now some 10 years. In France, the comments say that it happenend in Belgium, of course. A close look to the registration plates makes them look rather Irish to me.

Fergie47:
A bit of fun…

A bit of fun indeed. Forth and six pics of lorries heading into the harbour are the same, just different coloured lorries. Some bright spark having a bit of fun on his computer.

pete smith:

jsutherland:

Fergie47:
A bit of fun…

Patrick’s comment would be, “It looks like that is in Scotland, was that you Johnny Sutherland?”

Oh Pete - you’ve outed me - you whistleblower!! :smiley: :smiley:

jsutherland:

pete smith:

jsutherland:

Fergie47:
A bit of fun…

Hi Johnny,
Where is Patrick, he has gone very quiet, perhaps his new job requires him to work? :open_mouth:

pete smith:

jsutherland:

pete smith:

jsutherland:

Fergie47:
A bit of fun…

Hi Johnny,
Where is Patrick, he has gone very quiet, perhaps his new job requires him to work? :open_mouth:

He is either working hard or touring Europe for fun. I think the former. Keeps him out of mischief [emoji3][emoji3]

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

pete smith:

Been sat in his wagon for two weeks trying to figure out how all the switches and dials work… :blush: he’s only just found the starter button, next, he has to find out how to make it go…

it’s a slow process :unamused:

Fergie47:

pete smith:

Been sat in his wagon for two weeks trying to figure out how all the switches and dials work… :blush: he’s only just found the starter button, next, he has to find out how to make it go…

[emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

Fergie47:

pete smith:

Reckon you’ve got things mixed up there Senior, it was you who couldn’t start the Merc, let alone put it into gear… can’t blame you though, old age kicking in and such…

Froggy55:

pv83:
Spotted this Panhard today on the motorway, you don’t see much of those about, certainly not here up North…

It’s a Panhard 24 BT of the mid '60s. My brother owned one back in the late 1990s, and I remember driving it for a short trip, sitting on a bucket because the seat had been removed for repair. Rather brilliant and well equipped for its time, and its 858 cc flat twin was very gutty!

Lovely looking motor eh, still needed some TLC though… always reckoned they were fitted with 1.2l engines…?

pete smith:

Can’t be me mate, never had that much hair!

image.jpeg saw this ,reminded me of saviem coming to Cosford .