Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

ERF-NGC-European:
@PV83: I think Sahara Express was an Austrian company. Interesting design in the side of the trailer! I’ve found another, taken in Malta, suitably hauled by an ERF :sunglasses: :laughing: Robert

You might be right there Robert, reckoned it was a German company…?

Proper ERF… no doubt fitted with a 9 speed Fuller…? :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

Fergie47:

rigsby:
Now then Fergie , we seem to be having trouble with a certain Whippersnapper on the Bah Humbug thread , stirring again . As he is on your side of the channel maybe it’s time to unleash Madame Fergie to teach him the error of his ways . No respect these youngsters ! Dave

Riggers…thanks for the tip-off…He always was a difficult child, unlike Dave junior…His parents left him with us while they popped out to the shops, they’ve never been back, that was 30 odd years ago…Ever since we adopted him we’ve been trying to sell him, even tried the Arab ■■■ slavers, but even they brought him back eventually…Madam Fergie has given his legs a few slaps in the past…to no avail…he is in fact a hopeless case…

Maybe this photo might just embarrass him enough to behave, but I doubt it…this is him taking his HGV test a couple of years ago… he failed five times…too arrogant said the tester, and you see that in his face…eventually he passed, but on an auto box…

You don’t want to buy him do you ? you can have him at cost …cheap… or he’ll be going on E-bay

Difficult? Me? And you wonder why? Try having parents like you lot… no wonder H&S came barging in one day… Dave Junior tipped them off, no sursprise he lives in that far away country where they’ve still got proper borders nowadays…
I’ve got nowt else to say then that Mum2 likes to slap my legs… it’s the only time she can lay her hands on some “young and fresh meat”… :blush:

Oh bumped into this… you two might recognise what the fuzz is about… :smiling_imp:

22195572_1589117964483826_588981245187172516_n.png

Fergie47:
One for Froggy…another TV, this time in a bit of trouble…

Nice set of pic’s Senior, cheers!

But…er… was this you driving then…? Got distracted when you had to change gear…? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Fergie47:
One for Froggy…another TV, this time in a bit of trouble…

Strangely, I’ve never seen this one before either. Probably a TV broadcasting truck, and I just wonder how they managed… The driver certainly “had his ears rubbed”, as we say in French!

Best of both worlds…?

Definitely looks like a Volvo cab, but what about that “F 14”? And the engine doesn’t look neither like a D 10 or D 12; strange…

Froggy55:
Definitely looks like a Volvo cab, but what about that “F 14”? And the engine doesn’t look neither like a D 10 or D 12; strange…

Hey Froggy55, It’s a Scania V8 engine 140/141 that’s why it has the designation F14 as the V8 is 14 liter engine. But if
it was an 140 don’t think it was the best choice, would be beter to put in an 89 of my part.
Maybe it was done because of the weak first F10/12 engines ■■? It looks like one of the first versions of the new F series than.

Eric

pv83:

Is that tankerville bridge, certainly looks like it

pv83:
Best of both worlds…?

Solsatrafik is/was a swedish haulier ,out of Karlstad, mostly working for ASG. I think they are history now.
I remember seeing there was an article in the swedish magazine “Trailer” around 1992 - 1993 with this picture in it.

facebook.com/Solstatrafik-252425864795221/

tiptop495:

Froggy55:

Hey Froggy55, It’s a Scania V8 engine 140/141 that’s why it has the designation F14 as the V8 is 14 liter engine. But if
it was an 140 don’t think it was the best choice, would be beter to put in an 89 of my part.
Maybe it was done because of the weak first F10/12 engines ■■? It looks like one of the first versions of the new F series than.

Eric

Froggy55:

Just came across it, haven’t got any more info about it, but I reckon it must have been a struggle to get that V8 lump in…?

bald:

pv83:
Best of both worlds…?

Solsatrafik is/was a swedish haulier ,out of Karlstad, mostly working for ASG. I think they are history now.
I remember seeing there was an article in the swedish magazine “Trailer” around 1992 - 1993 with this picture in it.

facebook.com/Solstatrafik-252425864795221/

Cheers for the link and info Bald.

robthedog:

pv83:

Is that tankerville bridge, certainly looks like it

Could possibly be, but I’m sure the “old hands” know for sure…

Some old French ladies that have been saved, or should be saved before it’s to late… I’ll have the 2 Transcons please … :unamused:

I would go for the Berliet Senior… and that Poclain trying to hide in the first pic :wink:

Do I detect a note of newfound respect there Whippersnapper ? New year’s resolution perhaps ?

pv83:
I would go for the Berliet Senior… and that Poclain trying to hide in the first pic :wink:

Too late Whips…the Berliet has already been saved, the Proclain might prove difficult driving it is shows… :unamused:

rigsby:
Do I detect a note of newfound respect there Whippersnapper ? New year’s resolution perhaps ?

Riggers…you detect fear, … he doesn’t want those skinny white knobbly legs slapped … :wink:

rigsby:

Aye, you should try it too Rigsby, who knows, maybe even the Mrs might start to love you! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Senior, you’ve seen my legs before :open_mouth: nowt skinny and white about them… that’s why Mum2 loves to slap me… :wink:

Henri, 80 years old and still going strong…france3-regions.francetvinfo.fr … 26311.html

Amazing, indeed! With the same truck for the past 26 years, bought new and with now 2.5 Million kms!

At the wheel of the “senior Berliets”

TLM 10 M2
youtube.com/watch?v=FhdhnqDrPgY
youtube.com/watch?v=5v2UbArlUkU
youtube.com/watch?v=3Jcxi6DnzQQ

TBU 15 (Army heavy 6x6)
youtube.com/watch?v=MqfQOPOLQYE

Plus:
GLM 10 6x4
youtube.com/watch?v=3nYZk3LR9vo
One of the policemen is riding a Triumph, probably a T 110 or T 120.