Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

Anyone fancy a restoration project?

EDTRUCK, it’s not a Tractomas, but still worth saving…?

229415DSCN3992.jpg

pv83:

Quite a few for preservation there, pv. The Willemes are the rarer beasts, but the show fraternity would probably value the F12 and the Scania more. A crew-cabbed Willeme must surely be the ultimate show vehicle- quite capable of transporting a trio of tractor units on a suitable trailer, while their owners share some fine wine and food in the cab, en route.

[zb]
anorak:

pv83:

Quite a few for preservation there, pv. The Willemes are the rarer beasts, but the show fraternity would probably value the F12 and the Scania more. A crew-cabbed Willeme must surely be the ultimate show vehicle- quite capable of transporting a trio of tractor units on a suitable trailer, while their owners share some fine wine and food in the cab, en route.

Bit odd though isn’t it? As much as I like to see the F10/12/16’s and Scanny’s, it’s the “exotic” ones I’m after…

Would be ideal indeed to have all that aboard the crew cab! No need to stop any more, just crack on… :wink:

Stumbled upon these… pulling power suplied by one of Saviem’s favourites…

img-5836540a9a.jpg

pv83:

Patrick, Florian who took the first pic has restored on of Cauvas ex units. It was either the Willeme or
the Faun. Will see if i can find a pic. :wink:

The early french trucks certainly had bundles of character !

saviem59a.PNG

pv83:

Even if they were very slow, driving the Pacifics across France must have been a stressing job! One of your pictures show a rare Peugeot 403 convertible.

DEANB:

pv83:

Patrick, Florian who took the first pic has restored on of Cauvas ex units. It was either the Willeme or
the Faun. Will see if i can find a pic. :wink:

The early french trucks certainly had bundles of character !

Hopefully he’d restored the Willeme then… :wink:

Froggy55:

pv83:

Even if they were very slow, driving the Pacifics across France must have been a stressing job! One of your pictures show a rare Peugeot 403 convertible.

Aah cheers Froggy, I was already wondering if it was a 403 indeed, but I’ve never seen the convertible version of it… rare species then eh…

Good afternoon pv83,

Certanly the Willeme would be an interesting beast to restore - Im currently on the track of an MAN Jumbo 60.603 RoadHaus which the seller says was operated by the former Romania national Haulage company .

Im not sure whether SWMBO would be happy with two more trucks being worked on!!!

Ed

Various.
Oily

French Stefho74 cc by nc sa 2.0 19088043932_534c0da534_stefhoo.jpg

French Dave Fawcett 188BLJ13 Minonzio Gi80 .15L Ex-Mobile Butchers Shop32047884385_ad3aef617a5e_o.jpg

French  (2).jpg

A few early (c. 1933-36) Berliets with hood sleepers. All with 6-cylinder diesels.

oiltreader:
Various.
Oily

Cheers Oily! Never knew Denby had a French depot…?

EDTRUCK:
Good afternoon pv83,

Certanly the Willeme would be an interesting beast to restore - Im currently on the track of an MAN Jumbo 60.603 RoadHaus which the seller says was operated by the former Romania national Haulage company .

Im not sure whether SWMBO would be happy with two more trucks being worked on!!!

Ed

Well, such a MAN is a rare beast as well, please keep us updated mate :wink:

Froggy55:
A few early (c. 1933-36) Berliets with hood sleepers. All with 6-cylinder diesels.

Cheers Froggy!

Those sleeping pods are a bit older then I thought then it seems…

Found some folders…do some ring any bells?

11888106_960195224022852_7007925709989406416_n.jpg

Interesting! Mowag is a Swiss firm the products of which are mainly for army use: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mowag
No mention of civilian trucks on Wikipedia.

Samag-Samil build the same kind of stuff in South Africa.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SAMIL_Trucks

I recently posted something about MOL trucks on another thread. A Belgian special vehicle manufacturer which took over Willème-PRP c. 1978.
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=147350&start=330 Page 12

Saviem.

Thanks to Richard but it’s an evidence of some civilian trucks from Mowag, here one delivering the famous Swiss beverage Rivella.

michel:
Thanks to Richard but it’s an evidence of some civilian trucks from Mowag, here one delivering the famous Swiss beverage Rivella.

I’d never seen a Mowag there or heard of Rivella but the beverage I do know of Cardinal beer :smiley: seems to have an interesting site regarding the history of its fleet. :wink:

notrehistoire.ch/collection/ … u-cardinal