Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

Froggy55:

pv83:
Any reason why Citroen stopped producing these types? Thought they were right at the top of the 7.5t market…? Still, smart looking motors :wink:

Citroën replaced the Types 25.50 and 55 in 1967 by the “Belphégor” models (produced 1965-69). A totally new and modern cab… but still the 1934 chassis! Available with both petrol or diesel engines. fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citro%C3% … h%C3%A9gor

They were quite popular as fire trucks and also used by loval county road maintenance services (services de l’équipement).

In 1969, the cab was replaced by the Berliet “K” cab, issued from the Stradair range. Berliet and Citroën were both owned by Michelin at that time. I think the production ended in the mid-1970s.

Here’s a video showing a Type 55 with a diesel engine. youtube.com/watch?v=pFXjPHTq42Q

I owned for a few years this 1948 Citroën type 23 U fitted with a 52 bhp Perkins. Most uncomfortable and noisy, but so simple!

Cheers Froggy!

I just reckoned the Belphegor types were positioned above the 55 types, to topple the range at 12.5t.
Quite a distinctive cab eh, far more better then the Berliet replacement… Still, quite the update on a 1934 chassis… :open_mouth: :wink:

Most uncomfortable and noisy, but so simple…thought you were mentioning the Fergie’s there for a minute… :blush: :laughing: :laughing:

Staying on the Citroen theme for a bit longer, how about this then? Some absolute craftmanship at display there!
A 2cv completely build out of wood…

17352479_1485954698089479_8710007789764574729_n.jpg

17498649_1485954768089472_7748713164486890628_n.jpg

17498803_1485954701422812_970463064965454024_n.jpg

17499243_1485954824756133_69553012539510415_n.jpg

17553980_1485954658089483_5921803174553999390_n.jpg

17523542_1485954664756149_2204094252266952713_n.jpg

Speaking of craftmanship…meanwhile in Fergie’s garden… :unamused: :blush: :laughing:

pv83:
Cheers Froggy!

I just reckoned the Belphegor types were positioned above the 55 types, to topple the range at 12.5t.
Quite a distinctive cab eh, far more better then the Berliet replacement… Still, quite the update on a 1934 chassis… :open_mouth: :wink:

Most uncomfortable and noisy, but so simple…thought you were mentioning the Fergie’s there for a minute… :blush: :laughing: :laughing:

I think the idea was the same. Just enough parts so that it could achieve the work it was designed for, but no more. The Citroën 23 and 45 had no shock absorbers, for example.

pv83:
Speaking of craftmanship…meanwhile in Fergie’s garden… :unamused: :blush: :laughing:

At least it’s got a GEAR LEVER…so you wouldn’t be able to drive it Whippersnapps, it’ll be too complicated for you learners… :smiling_imp: :unamused:

You have my sympathy Fergie , having to deal with those disrespectful youngsters . So La Belle France is every bit as bad as the UK , Give 'em a clout with your walking stick . Dave

A few oldies.

saviem39.jpg

rigsby:
You have my sympathy Fergie , having to deal with those disrespectful youngsters . So La Belle France is every bit as bad as the UK , Give 'em a clout with your walking stick . Dave

It’s no problem Riggers, he will meet the wrath of my bodyguard Mrs Fergie in June… she’s been known to paralyze auto gearbox whippersnappers like him, with terror, at twenty paces… he may be wearing his clogs as ear muffs for a week or two… :smiling_imp: :unamused:

Fergie47:

pv83:

At least it’s got a GEAR LEVER…so you wouldn’t be able to drive it Whippersnapps, it’ll be too complicated for you learners… :smiling_imp: :unamused:

What’s a gear lever…? :laughing: :laughing:

Honestly though, that “new” unit I’ve got now is fitted with a auto 'box…absolutely loath it, the whole sense of you being in control has vanished…give me a proper manual 'box any time mate!

Fergie47:

rigsby:

It’s no problem Riggers, he will meet the wrath of my bodyguard Mrs Fergie in June… she’s been known to paralyze auto gearbox whippersnappers like him, with terror, at twenty paces… he may be wearing his clogs as ear muffs for a week or two… :smiling_imp: :unamused:

I’m always respectful towards the female species Rigsby, some even call me prince charming…

You just think twice about letting to deal Mrs Fergie with me mate, before you know it, I’m taking her out for tea…I somehow doubt she would refuse that :laughing: :laughing: and even better, I can take her out in a car…instead of a old dodgy Fergie :sunglasses:

pv83:

Fergie47:

rigsby:

I’m always respectful towards the female species Rigsby, some even call me prince charming…

You just think twice about letting to deal Mrs Fergie with me mate, before you know it, I’m taking her out for tea…I somehow doubt she would refuse that :laughing: :laughing: and even better, I can take her out in a car…instead of a old dodgy Fergie :sunglasses:

I’ve informed Mrs F of your generous offer of tea and a drive and she can’t wait to meet you…

A recent picture of her taken at the T34 Tank drivers reunion in Moscow, just before her pole dancing routine…there were no survivers… :unamused:

Bon chance

Can anyone identify the builders of the cabs on those van Twist AECs? They don’t look like Bollekens to me, and the bonnetted one looks to have similar styling to the forward control ones.

Blimey Fergie. Your really be putting the wind up Patrick. He may reconsider his holiday plans :wink:

Sent from my Hol-U19 using Tapatalk

jsutherland:
Blimey Fergie. Your really be putting the wind up Patrick. He may reconsider his holiday plans :wink:

Actually I lied Johnnie, that’s obviously not a pic of Mrs F… that’s a pic of her younger, slimmer, and better looking sister…I can arrange a meeting if you’re interested ?.. :smiling_imp:

Oh man Fergie. What a character you are! I’ll maybe forgo the introduction :wink:

Thanks for the offer though. Patrick may be interested… :wink:

Fergie47:

jsutherland:

Actually I lied Johnnie, that’s obviously not a pic of Mrs F… that’s a pic of her younger, slimmer, and better looking sister…I can arrange a meeting if you’re interested ?.. :smiling_imp:

Brilliant Dave, hopefully Liz won’t see this as I am not very good at hospital visits !!

Regards
Richard

Fergie47:

jsutherland:

There, there Fergie, we all know what Mrs Fergie really looks like… don’t mind if she’s got a younger, slimmer and better looking sister at all… :laughing:

MaggieD:

Fergie47:

jsutherland:

Brilliant Dave, hopefully Liz won’t see this as I am not very good at hospital visits !!

Regards
Richard

Spot on Richard, it seems Fergie is one of those characters with a slightly big mouth when the missus is not around! Sad actually innit… :laughing: :laughing:

[zb]
anorak:
Can anyone identify the builders of the cabs on those van Twist AECs? They don’t look like Bollekens to me, and the bonnetted one looks to have similar styling to the forward control ones.

Well Anorak, you’re not distracted easily… :wink: reckon you’re one of those tank drivers Fergie mentioned earlier then eh :laughing:

But back on topic, did reckoned those were Bolleken cabs? I was wrong…as usual it seems… :wink: