Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

I,m in too,cheers benkku

What a fantastic idea. Yes, I’ll definitely join this club. It seems that all of us are…shall we say “of a certian age”… when common sense was a pre-requisite for getting the job done. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Very, very good idea.
Count me right in!
David

As a french truck fan, I subscribe to your idea as i appreciate a lot Saviem anectodes about his career with many manufacturers, a great fellow.

There’s not many people one here that manage to hit the mark as often as Saviem, Usually diplomatic and informative, loaded with a life time of wealthy knowledge. A catalyst for debate and able to contain a riot. A great diplomat for the haulage industry.

Jeff…

kevmac47:
Like a lot more of “his readers” I love the Bollinger soaked ramblings" of Saviem!! His humuor, common sense and command of language is superb, It’s time for his own fan club, :smiley: :smiley:

Regars Kevmac.

Count me in Kev I think its a great Idea, Regards Larry.

Me too

Peter

I’ve been appointed Treasurer,subs must be sent in cash,in a brown envelope please,and if we must we will reluctantly take subs from our “overseas” members in Euros! :sunglasses: :smiley: :wink: Bewick. !

100% count me in as well - Do we get a Badge :question: :smiley:

Steve

Bewick:
I’ve been appointed Treasurer,subs must be sent in cash,in a brown envelope please,and if we must we will reluctantly take subs from our “overseas” members in Euros! :sunglasses: :smiley: :wink: Bewick. !

I’m blowed if I’m trusting Bewick with my subs- he’ll only fritter it away on stupid training schemes.

Retired Old ■■■■:

Bewick:

I’m blowed if I’m trusting Bewick with my subs- he’ll only fritter it away on stupid training schemes.

He will probably restart MOTEC :wink:

Retired Old ■■■■:

Bewick:

So! well thats exactly what the RTITB did with my annual subs ROF,fritter them away on stupid training schemes :cry: Cheers Bewick.

Bewick:

Retired Old ■■■■:

Bewick:

So! well thats exactly what the RTITB did with my annual subs ROF,fritter them away on stupid training schemes :cry: Cheers Bewick.

They didn’t fritter them away Dennis, we had some fantastic pub lunches when I was there. :laughing: :laughing:

Trev_H:

Bewick:

Retired Old ■■■■:

Bewick:

They didn’t fritter them away Dennis, we had some fantastic pub lunches when I was there. :laughing: :laughing:

Well I will rephrase my comment then Trev ! “My subs to the RTITB were ■■■■■■ away against the wall”---------“As well as wasted on stupid training schemes” :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing: :wink: Dennis.

Now then gentlemen lets not deviate from the main road here or you will drive Saviem into his potato store behind locked door’s with a crate of Bollinger never to bring his wit and wisdom to us again. He is probably embarrassed by all this attention from his avid followers as it is, regards Buzzer.

Evening Gentlemen…well I never expected this…

It is not me that deserves any praise, but all of you…your anecdotes, your pictures, your drawings your stories, your memories, just your “craic”, and all of your incredible broad knowledge so freely shared with us all that make this collection of threads so totally absorbing, interesting, and just so enjoyable!!

You all give me so much pleasure with your writing and photographs, often make me wish that I had done things “differently”, and quite envious of your experiences, and knowledge!

But I have done what I have done, and if any of my meandering “writing” gives pleasure…well that makes me happy My greatest pleasure is the memories of the people within our industry that I have met, worked with, become friends with. These threads are my connection with the industry that I have always loved, and more importantly the great people within the industry.

Thank you all, I am rather embarrassed, for I am nothing special at all…but thank you all for your kindness!

Oh and just to clear a couple of points…

My surname is not…(heaven forbid) …Unwin…

Yes I like beer…Bankss is ok......but real beer is Holdens, …(anybody know what became of their Guy Big J ■■■■■■■ drawbar, ex London Carriers)■■? What a “stonking” lorry , with that proper drawbar tank what an outfit…and nice people the Holdens, with a beautiful board room, ....with Holdens Golden on tap!!!

I do like a Whisky,…Blackbush is my favourite, (why does Ulster produce such heavenly nectar)? but if I`m feeling cold then a Laphroig, with all its “peaty” goodness hits the mark! But only ever neat!

Pet hates… Politicians of all shades,( who have never actually done a real job), or set out on a Monday, having to generate in that week enough money to pay their bills on a Friday!..Institutional shareholders…Investment Bankers, (currently this lower form of life goes by the branding of, Venture Capitalists), and the real Viper, the soft handshake, risk n`owt," Im at the top, and I know what I am doing!!! The real “Company men”…(the combination of these three has seen the total death of (real)) British, (owned and run), manufacturing, and the total eclipse of the British lorry manufacturing industry…and we are well down the road with our Hire and Reward Haulage industry as well.

So I am yet another grumpy old man… when I go in I must ask the wife to knit me a Bobble to go on my best cap…so I can look like Victor Meldrew as well as sound like him!..tell me is it easy to walk with a pair of knitting needles in ones rear■■?

I shall take solace in God`s nectar, Bollinger…for the world becomes more calm as those bubbles tease ones taste buds…

Thank you my friends…

Cheerio for now.

Saviem well that is a relief to see your not locked in the spud store and you have answered all your admirers, been out with my horses today as it was warm and sunny and was very nice too. If you have to much rain up there send it our way as we have a drought down here (not) when will it stop ? My cattle are TB tested last week ready for the Candlemas sales in February but at least they are indoors, keep up your enjoyable contributions as it is clear you have avid followers for your input’s on these threads, cheers Buzzer.

hiya,
My wife describes me as a right fan so I might as well prove her correct
and become a member of this hallowed club us fans must stay together.
thanks harry, long retired.

Saviem, aka The Headmaster!
But following the lack of interest in my overpriced Roping & Sheeting Course, I am seriously considering a new educational venture provisionally entitled, “Potato Harvesting For The Expert Grower”.

Well saviem there’s one line in that little ditty that’s sealed it for me, your name isn’t unwin, I’m in as well :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: