Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

pete smith:

Fergie47:

pete smith:
Welcome back Fergie, we managed to keep Saviem’s thread on page one!

Saw that Smithy, thanks for the pic’s… :wink:

Just for you see below, another pic of young Smithy in passenger seat,don’t know about the jumper though and it looks like the council had been round and cut my hair :smiley:

Is it me, or is that Atki tilting over to the near-side, must have a weak spring on the front…or…errrrrr…ummm…perhaps … :smiling_imp:

Hiya, once again some vehicles I’ve encountered whilst being “en route” :sunglasses:

Cheers, Patrick

The “cloggies” are keen on their classics as well…

2016-04-14 20.37.46.jpg

2016-04-14 20.37.04.jpg

Fergie47:

pete smith:

Fergie47:

pete smith:
Welcome back Fergie, we managed to keep Saviem’s thread on page one!

Saw that Smithy, thanks for the pic’s… :wink:

Just for you see below, another pic of young Smithy in passenger seat,don’t know about the jumper though and it looks like the council had been round and cut my hair :smiley:

Is it me, or is that Atki tilting over to the near-side, must have a weak spring on the front…or…errrrrr…ummm…perhaps … :smiling_imp:

Oh I have missed you Fergie, it’s the bottle jack and the tool box that is in the passenger footwell :wink:

Great pictures again Fergie. Merci. Johnny

Sent from my Hol-U19 using Tapatalk

pete smith:

Oh I have missed you Fergie, it’s the bottle jack and the tool box that is in the passenger footwell :wink:
[/quote]
Not your lunch box or six pack then Pierre… :unamused:

Fergie47:

pete smith:

Not your lunch box or six pack then Pierre… :unamused:
[/quote]
Hi Fergie,
How about these then? The photo with the barrel on is the “before” pic, Cheer’s Pete

3236780037_bc7ca337b2_b.jpg

Saviem,
Couple of pics for you, first Roberts Atki with trailer, second pic of Joe Davies with his Scammell at West Park as you know Joe has sadly passed away a few weeks ago,RIP mate.

3506728113_432d062e08_b.jpg

How about these then? The photo with the barrel on is the “before” pic, Cheer’s Pete[/quotHello Pete,

I never knew that she went to Scotland after I sold her to Sanm Steers in Ireland. Looks like the new owner kept the liveryon the tank, and just painted the cab. All of the signwriting was done by Maurice and Phina Harvey from Cannock including the Oak Tree, all free hand, and all of the lining in gold leaf, including the Fleur de Lys.

Lovely paint job that, so many coats of varnish that she shone in any light, and a dream to drive. She had been totally rebuilt by Mark Bamfords, “Titanic Salvage Company”. Brand new David Brown 6.600, and a rebuild on the 180, plus extensive work on her cab. She should run forever, if her new owner has half the fun I had with her, then he will be a very happy man indeed.

Thanks for posting that

Cheerio for now.

Transporter G.Dutriez, over a couple of decades.

Friend Pierre from the village, his Saviem out and about in the sunshine…

s4b8t5.jpg

k1rryd.jpg

Nostalgic pic from yesteryear…all long gone…

At least its not as sad as some, kind of artistic in a way…

ob_7dd3c8_capot-saviem-2.JPG

A superb specimen of the rare Saviem tree, Fergie. Most of them were killed off years ago by the deadly Renault Beetle. Nice to see at least one has survived. :unamused:

Retired Old ■■■■:
A superb specimen of the rare Saviem tree, Fergie. Most of them were killed off years ago by the deadly Renault Beetle. Nice to see at least one has survived. :unamused:

Volkswagon Beetle…you silly person… :unamused:

Fergie47:

Retired Old ■■■■:

3c040a5e90aece9cdfc5acdf99d2ffc2.jpg

Hey, 1972 in Zeebruges with some Brits AEC and some britsh Scania’s.

Eric,

Later than 1972 , the MGB has rubber bumpers and they didn’t appear before 1975 and the Scimitar is a Mk 2 which came out in 1974.

kerbut:
Later than 1972 , the MGB has rubber bumpers and they didn’t appear before 1975 and the Scimitar is a Mk 2 which came out in 1974.

Hey, maybe you have right, but I made the pic and marked it with 1972, but can be mid '70’s ■■?
Have some more will look what is marked on those.

Eric,

pv83:

Fergie47:

Retired Old ■■■■:

I see what you mean, pal- that Beetle has the poor tree in her steely grip. And from the rear, too! :wink: