Sat Nav with Handsfree?

Evening my friends :slight_smile:

I was just curious if there were any Trucker Sat Nav’s out there with Handsfree?

I’m just thinking my focus has handsfree connected via bluetooth and its always handy when a call comes through and your driving. I guess while working (driving) it would be just as useful if not more so…

I have seen this one… currys.co.uk/gbuk/phones-br … .html#tab1 Would appreciate anyone advice on this as to whether its a good one or not? It would be ideal if it also had the POI thing on it, so I knew of maybe places to stop or a petrol station.

Both the TomTom 6200/6250 and the Garmin Dezl 770 have voice activated commands and can both be connected to your phone via bluetooth. From the reviews I’ve watched the handsfree sound quality is not that great for you or the person on the other end though (reviewers opinion not mine) on either unit.

Reef:
Both the TomTom 6200/6250 and the Garmin Dezl 770 have voice activated commands and can both be connected to your phone via bluetooth. From the reviews I’ve watched the handsfree sound quality is not that great for you or the person on the other end though (reviewers opinion not mine) on either unit.

That’s cool mate appreciate that.

Been wondering what the main reason was behind people wanting a dash cam and can see why now… having looked online and done some research :open_mouth:

Never thought it would be so hard deciding on a sat nav :unamused:

The TomTom 6250 won out for me because of the Traffic, so it looks like ‘■■■■ santa’ (had to say that she’s looking over towards my monitor) will be slipping that in my stocking this year.

Reef:
The TomTom 6250 won out for me because of the Traffic, so it looks like ‘■■■■ santa’ (had to say that she’s looking over towards my monitor) will be slipping that in my stocking this year.

Good lad :laughing:

Is the traffic alot better then on the TomTom?

I was looking at the TomTom 6000… is that any good mate in comparison?

Every side by side comparison review i’ve seen or read has said the TT traffic is much better than any other satnavs offering, the 6200 and the 6250 are identical units only the 6250 comes with lifetime maps cameras and traffic and the 6200 has lifetime maps but only 1 yr of cameras and traffic, then you’ll need to pay £44.95 per yr for those services.

Edit: I think the 6000 was the model prior to the 6200 wasn’t it? Probably still get them second hand though.

Reef:
Every side by side comparison review i’ve seen or read has said the TT traffic is much better than any other satnavs offering, the 6200 and the 6250 are identical units only the 6250 comes with lifetime maps cameras and traffic and the 6200 has lifetime maps but only 1 yr of cameras and traffic, then you’ll need to pay £44.95 per yr for those services.

Edit: I think the 6000 was the model prior to the 6200 wasn’t it? Probably still get them second hand though.

Yeah sorry mate meant the 6200… so that one doesn’t have lifetime maps etc does it?

Gorbash:

Reef:

Yeah sorry mate meant the 6200… so that one doesn’t have lifetime maps etc does it?

Yeah it has lifetime map updates just not lifetime cams and traffic, whereas the 6250 has all three as free lifetime updates.

look at it this way, if you are likely to use the 6200 for three years or more it would save you money, 6200 + 1 yr free + 1 additional yr subscription = the same price near as dammit as the 6250