Sainsburys now paying £9.20 an hour

kcrussell25:

muckles:
I wonder if this has anything to do with the court cases involving ASDA and Tesco?
Where they’re claiming ■■■ discrimination because warehouse staff generally earn more than store workers. However the truth is at least with ASDA that the warehouse staff have a completely different pay bargining structure with involves Union led collective bargaining than the store staff who just get what the top management think they can get away paying with from the Wallmart pay pot.

They are buying out premiums and paid breaks as part of the offer.

Personally I think it is either getting the company ready to sell by reducing costs where they can (the management restructure) and fixing what they can’t.

Or in 2020 they will only be just above minimum wage as they are now but no longer paying out premiums and breaks leaving a gain.

As I said above take out the loss of paid breaks, bonus and premiums and its not actually much of a gain at the end of the year

Nothing is ever done for the benefit of the employee. Either they were forced to by law (minimum wage etc.) or they’ve looked at the long term. This is just another case where the employee looks at the short term gains and thinks they’re better off.

Valentine75:
Geez my wife gets paid more working night shift at Asda.
As above, yes they have changed contract base and there is no longer paid breaks. Those who chose not to move over are now on minimum wage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There’s an extra £2.20 for night shift