S. jones of aldridge

shaun was workin at safeway tamworth about 18 months ago but he said he was going to transfer to sainsburys hams hall

The firm i work for bought 14 ex S Jones ERFs, mine was N606 WUK, Ive got some nice photos of it somewhere,dont know what happend to it as we got rid of it years ago.

n606 was my truck. please post the photo’s ive been looking for her for a long time. rgds

n606 wuk. fleet number 675.did you have it from new ?

heres one very rare species that you wont come across working in daylight.caught on open ground armed to his teeth with a wheel brace.alan jones.

got 606 when she was 1 year old. if you remember i spent 3 days in purfleet commercials cos she kept dyeing on me. they put a new fuel pump the lot on her in the end and she still kept cutting out. turned out to be a hole in the feed pipe at the neck end of the tank drawing in air :laughing: :laughing: 3 days on 24 hr pay. loving it.

that picture of alan jones doing a bit of graft must be worth a fortune . :astonished: :laughing:

I,ve found some photos of N606, in its new livery taken in May 1998, we bought 14 of them and ran them for a couple of years, i think they were exported after that. I,ll try to post them, if i work out how !!!.

it was taken in stoke on trent one monday morningthere was about six of us tipping,me, fred,billy bow,norman off nights and alan jones who was trying to look like a lorry driver so i crept round the front of his wagon and took this picture.he was shocked as you can see.it was a very rare sight indeed,a once in a lifetime experience

Mick Talbot moved to Crete and now lives in Burnley, gets married again in a couple of weeks, YO YO works for Betz, as does Roger Sault. Tommy is living a happy life in Almeria. Cooky is still knocking around, saw him at truckshow in Utoxeter with his son Jez who did up and old ERF in Jones’ colours

do any of you know what mouse,mozzer gypsy dave, stig .bubbles are doing now i bet willie betz is enjoying yoyo sorting the job out for him :laughing:

i bet willie betz is enjoying yoyo sorting the job out for him

… and his stories get longer by the day :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

is son of yoyo there to back him up

No, theres no son of… just Yo Yo

tommy popped back to england about 18 months ago for a wedding but sadly past away while he was on is visit here.

tommy popped back to england about 18 months ago for a wedding but sadly past away while he was on is visit here.

No mate, Tommy is alive and well, he was drinking in Muckly Corner with YO YO and Cooky about 2 or 3 months ago while he was over here visiting. YO YO stays in touch with him still and he has’nt said a thing.

is cockney pete still around ■■?

Just been looking through some old Truck magazines,found a great article about two S Jones drivers John Plant and Graham Bolton, hauling paint to Germany ( Truck & Driver July 1989 ) the lorries are F579 YFD and E926 PWD , really good story with excellent photos , well worth a read!!.Also Truck magazine May 1985 B809 ONX was used on a road test, again really good photo of fleet no 489.