Roger pickering photo's

Chris Webb:
Nice photo of Ernest Thorpe’s Sed Atki Pete,they are still going as well.
Makes a change to see one carrying summat else apart from blooms,billets and bars. :smiley:

I fill up at thorpes odd times , you have to go in the shop and turn the pump on behind a RSJ then fill up and tell the lady how much you’ve had , :smiley:

DEANB:
Another one of Ernest Thorpe’s.

When I was restoring my 401 I became friends with Mick Thorpe
He was a great source of information and helped me a lot with spares new and old
I bought a brand new 401 cab off him as mine was completely shot
A proper old school road Transport company
Cheers Gary

DISPATCHER:
Boat haulier i also think is Ken Brown

Thank you Buzzer, Colin and Dispatcher for the information, Pete

tastrucker:

pete smith:

hello pete ,yes the Kenworth is Hydes now long gone from Queens Head ,most of thier work was out of Brymbo .
The Scania from Bishops castle is AE Evans they haul out of Ransons the sawmills thier ,thank you Trevor

Hi Trevor,
Thanks for the 2 names, could not remember A E Evans for the life of me! Cheer’s Pete

steelboyf10:

Chris Webb:

tastrucker:

pete smith:

hello pete ,yes the Kenworth is Hydes now long gone from Queens Head ,most of thier work was out of Brymbo .
The Scania from Bishops castle is AE Evans they haul out of Ransons the sawmills thier ,thank you Trevor

Hi Trevor,Brymbo is a blast from the past.I went odd times from Sheffield when on steel haulage late 60s. What was the name of the regular haulier in there with brownish coloured wagons?

Green Bros, ran Atki’s, GB

Thank you Chris and Graham for your comments, Pete

pv83:
Now that Ginaf does bring back memories Pete! They had it for years, not sure if it’s still in the fleet earning it’s keep though… found it’s predecessor and follow up in the archives… :wink:

Thank you Dean for the Photographs, impressive stuff they build, 50 ton gross I think they can run at?
Thank you Patrick for the information and photo’s of the Ginaf, Pete

gazsa401:

DEANB:
Another one of Ernest Thorpe’s.

When I was restoring my 401 I became friends with Mick Thorpe
He was a great source of information and helped me a lot with spares new and old
I bought a brand new 401 cab off him as mine was completely shot
A proper old school road Transport company
Cheers Gary

Thank you Gary and Dan for the comments on Ernest Thorpe, the Dafs they run now are always well turned out, Cheer’s Pete

Morning Pete, heres a few more of Blackpool Van Transports motors.

A02330 (1).JPG

pete smith:

Hello Pete that Volvo looks if it could be an owner operater from the Shrewsbury area ,thank you Trevor

Buzzer:
Got a feeling that the boat haulier was Ken Brown but I may be wrong, Buzzer

John,Chris and Colin,

Looks like an ex Robert Armstrong unit as well.

Pete hope you and the present Mrs Smith are well.

Regards
Richard

DEANB:
Morning Pete, heres a few more of Blackpool Van Transports motors.

Morning Dean,
Thank you for the BVT pics, apologies for the late reply! Cheer’s Pete

tastrucker:

pete smith:

Hello Pete that Volvo looks if it could be an owner operater from the Shrewsbury area ,thank you Trevor

Thank you for the information Trevor, Pete

MaggieD:

Buzzer:
Got a feeling that the boat haulier was Ken Brown but I may be wrong, Buzzer

John,Chris and Colin,

Looks like an ex Robert Armstrong unit as well.

Pete hope you and the present Mrs Smith are well.

Regards
Richard

Hi Richard,
We are fine thank you, trying to make La Locomotion for next year!
Hope Angie and yourself have a good Christmas and a prosperous New Year, Cheer’s Pete

Heres the front end of the Cuprinol Scammell Pete ! :laughing:

Cheer’s Dean,
Last few!

Nicely sheeted load.

WB Atki.jpgWilliam Blythe is a manufacturer of inorganic specialty chemicals and advanced materials.

Founded in 1845 William Blythe are still very much in business today from their HQ at Bridge Street, Church, Accrington.

The late Peter Davison who drove for Gilbraith’s Tankers lived near the factory in Church near Accrington and sent me quite a number of pictures a few years ago of Blyths tankers a few of which are here below.

Blyths ERF EC14 in the plant at Accrington.

Blyths ERF EC11 taken on a loading bay at the Hapton plant.

Even Bowker’s got in on the act with a contract to haul Blyth’s tankers.
This one is seen here on the 25th of February 2011 heading down Dill Hall Lane in Church not far from Blyth’s plant.

Maguires ran some tidy tackle Pete.

Thank you Paul and Dean the pictures and information, Cheer’s Pete