Robsons 'Frae Carlisle

A few of Robson’s Fodens

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
If ‘Border Eskimo’ had a 150 Gardner in it that phrase could well describe the driver! :laughing: Shap loaded would move the temp guage a little though. :wink:

Pete.

Bewick:
I knew George Flenley, Robsons M.D. and I did have the privilege of meeting Stan in his Boardroom on one occasion and we had a good craic !. It was actually George who was instrumental in building up the Robson fleet in the 50’s and 60’s and he was ably assisted by Mr. N. T. O’Reilly who ran a large accountancy Practice with offices in Carlisle, Penrith and IIRC Hawse. I actually had dealings with O’Reilly’s when I acquired two “A” licences from Tommy Coward of Coward Bros. Sedbergh. Cheers Bewick.

Hi Dennis, A old friend of mine Marshall Eglin. Who was a Foden driver & Worked for Gurteens Transport, Who endened up working for Robsons driving on of their Dafs, Ended up with a bad back. Now the question is what caused this. Well old Marshall RIP Always reckoned, It was the awfull seat in the Daf the was the cause, Regards Larry.

moomooland:
0A few of Robson’s Fodens

Classic photo mate ,do you know where its took , many moons ago went by the name of eskimo on ye old cb radio , if ya spot a picture of border saracen or bandit its got the name plate on front , me old pal picked the names husky and eskimo , two peas in a pod as kids ,

Husky , whetes ya wellies ,!!!

moomooland:

It looks like they are parked up on some spare ground so might it be over in the N. East maybe ? Bewick.

Lawrence Dunbar:

Bewick:
I knew George Flenley, Robsons M.D. and I did have the privilege of meeting Stan in his Boardroom on one occasion and we had a good craic !. It was actually George who was instrumental in building up the Robson fleet in the 50’s and 60’s and he was ably assisted by Mr. N. T. O’Reilly who ran a large accountancy Practice with offices in Carlisle, Penrith and IIRC Hawse. I actually had dealings with O’Reilly’s when I acquired two “A” licences from Tommy Coward of Coward Bros. Sedbergh. Cheers Bewick.

Hi Dennis, A old friend of mine Marshall Eglin. Who was a Foden driver & Worked for Gurteens Transport, Who endened up working for Robsons driving on of their Dafs, Ended up with a bad back. Now the question is what caused this. Well old Marshall RIP Always reckoned, It was the awfull seat in the Daf the was the cause, Regards Larry.

Evnin Larry , mr eglin probably got his bad back from day he was trying to sheet a load timber in the wind , well yep you guessed the wind took the sheet clean off and poor Marshall with it , , noticed you put rip next to his name ,■■? When

jonnyA:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Bewick:

Evnin Larry , mr eglin probably got his bad back from day he was trying to sheet a load timber in the wind , well yep you guessed the wind took the sheet clean off and poor Marshall with it , , noticed you put rip next to his name ,■■? When

Hi There Jonny, Marshall was a good friend of mine, He worked for Gurteen when I first met him But the when we got on talking, I remembered him driving Fodens for Salkelds in the 50/60sEra, He was a great lad, Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:

jonnyA:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Bewick:

Hi There Jonny, Marshall was a good friend of mine, He worked for Gurteen when I first met him But the when we got on talking, I remembered him driving Fodens for Salkelds in the 50/60sEra, He was a great lad, Regards Larry.

When did he pass away, I worked with him at Robson in 80,s1990, till we got made redundant, then I unfortunately went to fergies erhhhh , bang on head moment that was , regards jon

Nicely sheeted

And another one nicely sheeted

Hello Johnny A, mate ,how you doing not seen you posting on here for a while ,how are you and yours doing ,best regards to you for the new year my friend and hope to see you in the near future, best wishes to all your family also,
ps ,love that line up of fodens ,where was that taken ? in Carlisle somewhere .that would have gained a few ticks on me spotters list EH? Paul

paul ward:
Hello Johnny A, mate ,how you doing not seen you posting on here for a while ,how are you and yours doing ,best regards to you for the new year my friend and hope to see you in the near future, best wishes to all your family also,
ps ,love that line up of fodens ,where was that taken ? in Carlisle somewhere .that would have gained a few ticks on me spotters list EH? Paul

Well hello there binny lad and best wishes to your good self and family , I tend to say paroose the sight more now occasionally having a little input , am not deein anything these days , lets say retired or in the knackers yard ,that line of fodens got me attenruon tho , and ya right wud ov gettin some of the illusive ticks on the spotters list, speaking of which I got one somewhere ,memories of the border guardian came back there which leads me on to the birder pullman happy days on a weelkend cleanin that one , must ov used a few tins of mr sheen , ,!!! ,so iif remember how to do it afew for the memories ,

IMG_20191028_230634.png

jonnyA:

paul ward:

Well hello there binny lad and best wishes to your good self and family , I tend to say paroose the sight more now occasionally having a little input , am not deein anything these days , lets say retired or in the knackers yard ,that line of fodens got me attenruon tho , and ya right wud ov gettin some of the illusive ticks on the spotters list, speaking of which I got one somewhere ,memories of the border guardian came back there which leads me on to the birder pullman happy days on a weelkend cleanin that one , must ov used a few tins of mr sheen , ,!!! ,so iif remember how to do it afew for the memories ,

IMG_20181115_173452.jpg

jonnyA:

jonnyA:

paul ward:

jonnyA:

paul ward:

I would guess the Robson Foden is stood loaded with tin plate ex S. Wales outside of a MB factory somewhere. Cheers Bewick.

moomooland:

No one has come up with the location as yet ■■

Bewick:

moomooland:
A few of Robson’s Fodens

No one has come up with the location as yet ■■

StrAnge you should say that bewick. I actually was thinkr metal box carlisle , lotS changed but attime lots of re vamping was going on ,eg demolition of terraced houses and expansion of metal box itself ,my assumption Carlisle ,
Different picture obviously but this one definitely at metal box Carlisle
Regards jonny A

jonnyA:

paul ward:

TRYING TO FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENED TO BORDER SCEPTRE A, DAF 95 , reg E94BAO , LAST KNOWN AT ROBSON S BIRTLEY DEPOT , OT WAS , RED , CREAM NOT THE DREADED WHITE AT THE TIME , PICTURES OR ANY KNOWLEDGE ,■■?,

Bewick:

moomooland:

It looks like they are parked up on some spare ground so might it be over in the N. East maybe ? Bewick.

ALL LOOK LIKE SAME LOADS, MAYBE OUTSIDE ONE OF ROBSONS MAIN CUSTOMERS PREMISES , LOOKS OF A MAIN ENTRANCE OPPOSITE TRUX ,■■? ,

Robsons F86

Hello ,Jonnie A, how are you and your family doing ,been tidying up all me crap and got round to sorting out photographs and came across these two shots i did not know i had taken ,well it was about 45 year ago (jesus!!!) so i thought i know a man that might wanna ave a look,
what you think ,can you remember that far back ,hope you like ,stay safe and take care ,P