RHD ERFs with 5MW cabs

Bulwark:
Hi, not sure if I,m misunderstanding re- two right hand drive 5MW’s with Gardner 240’s. I drove the Phelps and Davies ERF and it had a 240 in it.
Lovely to see it after all these years. Not sure where this photo was taken or when. perhaps after P&D finished as she always pulled fridges.
Really enjoyed driving her with that wonderful straight eight engine note. The story goes it was a motor show model, hence chrome bumper etc. cheers now Ed.

Which one was the Phelps & Davies one, Bulwark? Not sure which unit you mean (copy and paste it again if you want). Cheers! Robert :smiley:

Hi Robert, third posting down from beginning of this subject, bottom ERF reg GEU 879N, white top, blue bottom.
I,ve answered you question in the wrong place, so hope you can find it, apologies.

Bulwark:
Hi Robert, third posting down from beginning of this subject, bottom ERF reg GEU 879N, white top, blue bottom.
I,ve answered you question in the wrong place, so hope you can find it, apologies.

No problems: I’ve already posted the picture on your new Phelps thread! Robert :slight_smile:

Thanks Robert, didn’t mean to start a thread just answer your question. Appreciate you putting the photo up though.
Would you add it again on this thread in conjunction with someone saying there were only 2 5MW’s with a 240 Gardner
Can anyone answer the 2 5MW’s with a 240 in them please? Not sure if I understood the statement hence me mentioning
GEU 879N having a 240 in.

Bulwark:
Thanks Robert, didn’t mean to start a thread just answer your question. Appreciate you putting the photo up though.
Would you add it again on this thread in conjunction with someone saying there were only 2 5MW’s with a 240 Gardner
Can anyone answer the 2 5MW’s with a 240 in them please? Not sure if I understood the statement hence me mentioning

Here is your picture showing the 240 Gardner-powered 5MW-cabbed ERF that you drove for Phelps. By the way, what she like to drive and to handle? Robert

Bulwark:

Bulwark , I made the post about 2 240 powered 5MW s , & later added a post to say that this was information I received from a phone call to J B McBean , regarding SSY 892 M . I am only passing on information I was given , but obviously that seems to be not the case

Hope this clarifies the post I made , and you now understand .

The 5MW cab provided the UK operator with sleeper cab alternative to the standard LV, which of course was a day cab. However, there were rare examples of 4x2 tractor units being fitted with full LV sleeper cabs (as opposed to those Jennings ‘pigeon-loft’ additions, though I’m not sure whether they were conversions or not. Here are three. Robert

2le6fq detail.jpg
Fullscreen capture 1292013 121234 PM.bmp.jpg
VickMid-East.JPG

And then of course there’s Mike’s 150-powered machine that he used to do Kuwait in!!

And Baker’s 4x2 with the full cab. Robert

Bakers 4x2 LV big cab.png
VEROUSBAKERSERF.jpg

A couple of exports to the Antipodean end of the world. Robert :slight_smile:

d8728752-3f67-4437-9257-02ba.jpg

Remember this one from my childhood…

005.jpg

norfolktrucker:
Remember this one from my childhood…

Judging by the iodine-painted headlamps, it probably ran internationally. You needed the yellow lamps for France. Robert :slight_smile:

mw.jpg

fryske:
This one?

Ezer Goode by fryske, on Flickr

it could possibly be mr fryske, heres a pic I have of it.

cheers
gaz

tetragaz:

fryske:
This one?

cheers
gaz

Was that you i saw at Prees Heath on wednesday Gaz in your Sprinter?

robert1952:

Here’s another couple of shots of this one, apparently it sits in a shed in Newlyn, the girl that owns it won’t sell it.

That’s a true story you have there Mark I have been in contact with them many times to buy one of there MWs but they wont sell .There was a dark blue MW
operating from the same area

Kenny, I got the pics off black Joe, he said you’d been trying to buy that.

pete smith:

tetragaz:

fryske:
This one?

cheers
gaz

it was mate, where were you or what were you in/drivin.

cheers
gaz

pete smith:

tetragaz:

fryske:
This one?

cheers
gaz

Gaz was with me and Tracy in the Raven on the Gravel run when we met you Pete. Maroon Sprinter.
Cheers Dave.

Dave the Renegade:

pete smith:

tetragaz:

fryske:
This one?

cheers
gaz

Gaz was with me and Tracy in the Raven on the Gravel run when we met you Pete. Maroon Sprinter.
Cheers Dave.

I just pulled out of truck park in waggon and drag as you were taking pic of an irish lads Daf fridge,sorry i could’nt stop Gaz as i’d got to get back for a medical,passed by the way! ta,Pete ps see you tomorrrow if you at Gaydon and Dave i’ve not forgot your brew :smiley: