Regrett

Yes and no. It depends on how well today is going, sometimes I really wish I was in my old job but others I’m so glad I chucked it.

The strange thing is, I used to feel exactly the same when I had that job.

robroy:
Are you pining your heart out for ‘The Greendeath’ UKt ?

Do you still.wear your Elf Suit at evenings and weekends, and like to be known as MarkD ? :wink: :laughing:

I got an email from him beginning of last week, but tbh Stobart is not as bad to work for as some make out.

I chucked my last job because I was sick of tramping. Realised after about 3 weeks what I really needed was just a holiday. I could go back the door is always open if you’re willing to do the type of work but I won’t.
I’ve realised I’m only 2 or 3 bad weeks away from chucking a job. I think having no dependents or a big mortgage is why.

UKtramp:

yourhavingalarf:
I’d be…

Full of regret for incorrectly spelling regret.

■■■■ your right!!! :smiley:

You are not…I think you mean “■■■■ You’re right”

Hehehehe

3 wheeler:

UKtramp:

yourhavingalarf:
I’d be…

Hehehehe

Or even, ■■■■, you’re right.
Sorry mate, I’m just standing in for the absent Nodding donkey of ‘‘The Grammar Police’’ . :laughing:

robroy:

3 wheeler:

UKtramp:

yourhavingalarf:
I’d be…

Hehehehe

Sorry mate, I’m just standing in for the absent Nodding donkey of ‘‘The Grammar Police’’ . :laughing:

In that case then rob, it could be rephrased with " ■■■■, you’re not right. :smiley:

robroy:
Are you pining your heart out for ‘The Greendeath’ UKt ?

Do you still.wear your Elf Suit at evenings and weekends, and like to be known as MarkD ? :wink: :laughing:

You’re nearer the truth than you realise there rob, :wink:

robroy:

3 wheeler:

UKtramp:

yourhavingalarf:
I’d be…

Hehehehe

Is that comma definitely needed? That’s a bit subjective surely.

I regretted leaving my first job even before I actually left! :unamused: I only saw it through because the manager didn’t think I would go and I wanted to prove him wrong (my bloodymindness in not admitting I was wrong!) but even though the new job was double the hourly rate I hated it and the foreman didn’t like me much either. Didn’t go back though, the ‘humble pie’ would have stuck in my craw when I tried to eat it! :wink:

Pete.

I have never regretted leaving a job, but I have also never left a firm on bad terms and I have always left for what I considered a better gig at the time.

As for thinking about former jobs and wanting to go back, I have always taken the view that I left for a reason. A job is a job, they come and go like women and there are many blokes who have found out why it is never a good idea to return to one of the latter.

When I was at Blake’s there were loads of drivers who left and came back; some of them for only a week or so. They would all sit round the canteen table moaning about what a crap job and crap firm it was, then after a week or two somewhere else, they would come creeping back. It wouldn’t be long before they started moaning again though.

Santa:
When I was at Blake’s there were loads of drivers who left and came back; some of them for only a week or so. They would all sit round the canteen table moaning about what a crap job and crap firm it was, then after a week or two somewhere else, they would come creeping back. It wouldn’t be long before they started moaning again though.

Sounds like the debrief counter at Lenhams ! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Life is too short for what might have been’s or regrets … Jobs , like ladies come and go ,move on and remember the good bit’s and try to forget the awful - You might be dead tomorrow !!

Couldn’t do it,matter of pride,i’d take my chances with limping for a while,but i would have a classier plastic bag though,waitrose maybe