Would you return to a previous Employer?

As above really…

Would you return to a previous job if you left on amicable grounds and they would have you back??
I have done it 3 times in my life so far, and quite honestly, i have regretted everyone of them…

Would you do it?

For some of them, yes. I liked my time with Bibby’s, and I’d go back if they had the right job open which means not the NISA contract
Others, no way in hell would I go back.

Yes I would go back to the TNT or Wincanton B&Q contract at Grantham tomorrow or the day before that it was the besat job I EVER had.

I kept in touch witha few of the drivers who would ALL go back to it, money was good , hours was good, boss was good, mototrs were good.

Yes I would,

I’d go back to most of the firms I did continental for, but only if I could go back in time too.

I’d go back to the last job I had before I left the UK too, probably the best job I had for wages.

But the best of the lot & the only one I’ve ever regretted leaving was TRUCK mag, if I could go back to that I would do it tomorrow, I only left because I got offered a job with almost double the money, but money isn’t everything, didn’t realise it at the time though :cry:

yes i would ,indeed even have done in the past but of my 10 past hgv driving jobs only 2 of the firms are still trading .
they all seem to shut just after ive left maybe my boss now give me a job for life
:unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

Yes definately, I have never left a job with any bad blood, and would always go back, and I would think theyd have me, in fact two companies I have worked for, within a month have been back on a part time basis, helping them out on the odd day

Yes have left 3 former employers and returned, as i have with denby don’t regret any of it :wink: Always try to leave on good terms, you never know what the future holds ! :laughing:

Would go back to all of my previous employers asuming i needed a job,as i have left every one on good terms and for better money i hope i never have to but always nice to know you are thought off , had a few asking me back but cant match my currant Co who i enjoy working for :slight_smile:

I’ve left Fleetwood four times now and I’m still there.

See, i have this theory you leave for a reason, and after awhile you forget about that reason and only remember the good things, but once you go back, you start remembering why you left in the first place…

Would i go back to a previous employer?
Chance would be a fine thing!

out of all the jobs I have had, there is only one company ( morrisons) that is still trading.
When my present boss mentioned redundancy to me, I offered to go straight away so that he has a chance of staying in business, otherwise he has to go the way of the others.
It’s a real problem putting on CV’s that ALL previous employers (except one)have gone bust,… like offering a kiss of death :laughing:

But given the chance there are a few that I would go back to .

There is only 1 that I would’t go back to, mainly because it was bent running, the rest I would definatly go back to, and I can remember the reasons why I left (all for better money).

If RH got rid of all the Eastern europeans id go back tomorrow. That was the main reason i left really. I struggled with getting my head around loading a trailer in the uk for italy/spain/swiss or wherever and having to take it back to the yard and give it to an estonian. Its not gonna happen though so ill stay where i am

Yeah

Yep, not had many jobs but the gaffer’s always treated me right.

Pete.

del949:
out of all the jobs I have had, there is only one company ( morrisons) that is still trading.

Yea, I’ve finished a few off too! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I would say it depends on why I left in the first place.

If it was because of some serious incompatability I would never retrace my steps. Once bitten twice shy so to speak. If it was just a bit of a lovers tiff I would always consider it. I left one job after a bit of a row about a 20p per week pay dispute, spent 6 months on an Agency at Royal Mail and got asked to do one trip for my old boss when that placement finished and I was stood down. Nothing was ever said and I just carried on - it was as if I had never left and I wound up with the next new truck that came home.

Given recent events in the job market you may also may want to consider the old saying “any port in a storm” and go back, keep your head down (and mouth shut) and take your pick when things get better perhaps?

No, it’s not a good idea returning to an old job. Things change, people change, not always for the better. Move on, and remember the goods times.

Tiger.

No

Usually ,
When i move on its because i have lost all confidence in the company.

And it either
Stab them,
or get a new job.

I have always lived by the principle of never burning your bridges and have in fact returned to a job twice before. I would have no hesitation in working for my last Uk employer again. However i would never return to the UK again to live. I am very confident of that and the more time that passes, the stronger my conviction.