Would you return to a previous Employer?

Always, my old man taught me to NEVER burn my bridges!!!

When i passed my test at 21 i went straight onto class 1 at Gwynedd Shipping.

After 18 months i felt like a change in life so went surfing to Cornwall for a bit, ended up tramping for Westfields!

Got bored of that, phoned up Gwynedd and they said “NO BOTHER” so back i went… for 18 months!

Then left for better money to Bougheys…

…18 months later Mrs Gaz got pregnant so back to Gwynedd for the 3rd time (Still no probs!)

… Then got skint again so back to Bougheys, where i still am!!!

Must say if i could afford to would go back to Gwynedd tommorow, work is more fun, more local, dad works there, boys more fun, BUT U GOTTA DO WHAT U GOTTA DO!!!

NEVER BURN BRIDGES!!!

YES I WOULD GO BACK TO MY OLD JOB LEFT ON GOOD TEAMS STILL GO BACK NOW AND AGAIN AS MY PARTNER WORKS THERE

every company apart from one i have left on good terms and would go back again no problem , this is my second time for me on my current firm , one firm went bust and the one i left on bad terms after hitting the guvnors son with a shovel i wouldnt go back on under any circumstances anyway so not too worried :smiley:

in my 10 years ive really only had 4 permanent jobs which is longs of leeds which i loved and been there 3 times also a one man band nh haulage which was crap and paul watkins which was good and the last was freightliner which is easy but boring and this my 3 or 4 stretch there.

the best job was longs but no good for the family man.

I have only left 2 companies with bad blood between us.

The job I am in now is my second tour of duty, and I was also at United Carriers twice.

Yes defo would left my current employer for personal reasons bout year and half ago sorted everything i needed to within about five weeks rang my ex employer had taken some one else on but had some part time work for me did that for two weeks by which time he had gone looking for more work so he could take me back on full time been here ever since its like a family as there are only three of us.

my last employer no way, he runs bent and overloads vehicles daily

the job beforehand then yes, i got offered a job there but never took it, biggest regret ever as the jobw as great, the folk who worked there were awesome and i never had much work to do.

who`d have thought working in a paint shop could be such fun :slight_smile:

I would happily go back to an old place of work , but not for the same employer as I couldn’t manage on the pay these days.
Used to put food on the planes at East mids airport good job , poor pay.
I would go back airside on bowsers aircraft refuelling.
Rocking horse ■■■ job up there.

Generally no because if they were such good employers in the first place wouldn’t have left but then again in these economic times its a different matter.

Only left one place with bad blood between us, the rest left on good terms as someone else says stupid to burn your bridges.

I wouldnt say no i wouldnt go back but in most cases it would either be desperation or something major had changed at the place.

If all the jobs you all left were so good to go back to why did you all leave in the first place ( grass is greener ) :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

i would go back but yts just dont pay :laughing: :laughing:

Robert:
If all the jobs you all left were so good to go back to why did you all leave in the first place ( grass is greener ) :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Aww bless isn’t life so simple in black and white… :unamused:

Every job iv’e finished i could probably get a start with again…

Tandem - Definately, just a phone call away

JVS (ejector trailers job) - Really didn’t want me to leave they even offered me “drivers foreman” promotion (for no extra pay though :confused: ) so im sure they’d have me back if they needed a driver

S&K - Errr dunno about that one - probably (well i’ve got a licence and a pulse so im in with a fair chance :smiley: )

J Pearce - I was told when i left there the 2nd time :wink: that i wouldn’t be allowed back if i didn’t work a week in hand, well i didn’t but i’d bet they’d have me back in a heartbeat if they had a position available

TNT Sony contract - Only if i was allowed 10 mins in a locked room with a baseball bat and the transport manager and a get out of Jail free card :imp: :imp: I’ve never actually hated anyone but this ■■■■■■ comes real close

Tradeplating - not for all the tea in china matey

Only other firm i worked for went bust (a couple of years after i left i hasten to add)

Anything prior to that was pre HGV so that about covers it. I also left out the Agency jobs and most of them i wouldn’t bother with again anyway.

One very good thing about doing agency work is that you get a chance to experience companies that you definitely would not want to work for on a permanent basis. There are two companies I flatly refuse to do any work for, and the agency know not to even bother asking me.

There are two companies that I have been employed by on a regular basis and that I would never work for again. What is an eye opener, is seeing just how many bad companies there are out there, and how few the good ones are.

Robert:

Because they got the taleban in! (Like i said in my post robert :wink: )

JB:

Robert:

Because they got the taleban in! (Like i said in my post robert :wink: )

that must really dishearting loading trailers for over the water just to drop them in the yard and pick up a trailer for birmingham instead. :imp:

It was alex. Especially as i`d been to most of the places i was loading for over the past few years :frowning: :frowning:
But times move on and jobs change eh?

definatly would go back to most of the jobs ive had before apart from three

and one of them is for medical reasons

I would go back to my previous job (I only had one job before going it alone), as the pay is excellent for Class 2 (7.50p/hr, time 1/4 after 40hrs, time 1/2 on Sats), it was totally legal and because there was a bit of barrow work it kept you fit and I had good banter with the lads on the different gangs (tarmaccing).

However, they have cut their fleet back and I doubt if my old job will even exist by the end of the year. :frowning: