Returning to somewhere you have worked before with agency

Next week my agency have some work for me, at a place i walked out of 6 months ago, Is it a good idea to work there through the agency? anyone done anything similar?

i dont see any problem if you left in good terms. possibly a little cheeky but cash is cash

Never had experience of it myself but I’d say it depends on how and why you walked out, that’s if you mean you literally walked out.
If you left on good terms then there shouldn’t be a problem.

i’m working for a company i got sacked from there not bothered so long as the wheels are turning. depends if you have a problem with returning to the company or not?

I left on reasonable terms, i got on well with everyone there apart from the moron in charge of the transport side, he has now left so maybe its run better

kls:
i got on well with everyone there apart from the moron in charge of the transport side,

hands up who has NOT been there before

anyone?

hello?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

kls:
I left on reasonable terms, i got on well with everyone there apart from the moron in charge of the transport side, he has now left so maybe its run better

I wouldn’t worry about it then m8, as scanny77 says “cash is cash”.

tachograph:

kls:

I wouldn’t worry about it then m8, as scanny77 says “cash is cash”.

I think i’ll give it a go, ive no problem with going to work for them again as i used to enjoy the job most of the time, the bloke who used to be in charge of the transport seriously didnt have a clue, ex tractor driver, no cpc, no hgv licence etc it really was a joke!

I was placed by my agency,at a customer,who used to be my employer until Dec 2005.

It was a great feeling going back,knowing that I was earning about £1 an hour more on base rate,and then nearly £5 per hour more after 8 hours. :smiley:

A friend of mine still works for them,and a few days later he phoned me to tell me that all the drivers were moaning because I was back there after leaving nearly 2 years ago.

Sweet. :smiley:

But at the end of the day,you have to pay the bills and put food on the table.

Ken.

kls:
Next week my agency have some work for me, at a place i walked out of 6 months ago, Is it a good idea to work there through the agency? anyone done anything similar?

Not done it yet but would certainly love to go back just to see the look on the TM’s face! Mind you, he would probably be hiding under the desk, considering the terms we parted company on :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Funny really, because I’ve just started with a local agency (who are giving me some really cushy jobs! :laughing: :sunglasses: ) They’ve been trying to get in with my last employer for a while but another agency has the contract.

I told the agency that I want to be in first if they get the contract but it probably wouldn’t be good business on their part!

Quinny:
It was a great feeling going back,knowing that I was earning about £1 an hour more on base rate,and then nearly £5 per hour more after 8 hours. :smiley:

That may be true for many parts of the country, but for mine its the other way round. It’s backward here for some reason. For the most part agency are on less then the employed drivers.I know !! Go figure !!

The agency must have told them that you’re coming so if they’re happy to have you back then, as others have said, ‘cash is cash’ - as long as it’s on your terms then go with it & just keep smiling!!

KLS why did you walk out and why the hesitation if they ll welcome you with open arms :question: