Reasons for BLOWOUTS

I second that acd1202

Unless you have a faulty tyre from new, or an accident like curbing it or a bit of steel - my experiences of running many trailers for many years, HEAT is the main cause and this is usually caused by wrong inflation pressures.

Michelin all the way though !

Middle axle trailer tyres last forever as they suffer virtually no scrub, I would always put new tyres on axles 1 or 3 and get the last bit of life out of the old tyres on the middle axle.

What causes blowouts? Apart from debris, the main cause is overheating due to under inflation, as the tyre rolls down the road the deformation in the structure causes heat, this weakens the plies and they start to break and then BANG!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

I’ve always put worn tyres into the middle, you get a lot of extra mileage out of them.
I only use top brands and never cut any of my tyres either. Always put new on 1& 3.
Check pressures are right, an under inflated tyre can get incredibly hot and affect the structure of the casing causing it to fail.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Spooky, had a blow out today actually. Nearside middle axle; inner wall - looks to have failed opposite a previous repair, perhaps both walls were originally damaged but only visible on the repaired section.

OzzyHugh:
I second that acd1202

Unless you have a faulty tyre from new, or an accident like curbing it or a bit of steel - my experiences of running many trailers for many years, HEAT is the main cause and this is usually caused by wrong inflation pressures.

Michelin all the way though !

And you have a lot more experience of heat OzzyHugh in Queensland than we do in blighty.

I agree entirely with your view on Michelin, it brings to mind a conversation I had with my tyre supplier many moons ago. I needed a couple of new tyres on a tanker and as usual asked him for Michelin, he then starts telling me that I should be buying Hankooks, I know there are worse out there, I said let me run a scenario past you. “We are in southern Italy, it’s 42c the tarmac is melting, we’ve done 10 hours on the limiter at 2 tonnes over weight and we’ve got a slow puncture.” He said, “I’ll just get some Miches out of the rack.”

I only run Michelin too, they’re not cheap, but you get what you pay for and they’re worth every penny.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Remembering anniversaries and birthdays
Putting up shelves
Redecorating
She’s bought some expensive shoes and not told you yet
Those sorts of things usually

Own Account Driver:
Remembering anniversaries and birthdays
Putting up shelves
Redecorating
She’s bought some expensive shoes and not told you yet
Those sorts of things usually