blow outs

can anyone answer this please.you are driving a truck with a trailer traveling at maximum speed.your tractor unit has three axles.with the radio on and the noise from the engine is it possible not to hear a blow out on the rear axle inner tyre

You didn’t hear it■■? Are you deaf?

yep has happened to me before, 3 axle unit, country road, music blaring, all of a sudden handling goes a bit wobbly, then earthquake stuff starts to happen then i hear a noise and see my rear passenger mudguard go under my trailer (complete with tail light assembly), pull up when safe to do so and have a look, inner passenger side tyre on rear axle has blown to pieces and taken everything around it with it but i never heard the bang

Yep me too, but partially deaf though

pardon :laughing:

Oh I do love a good blow out. Wait… are we talking about the same thing here? :blush:

half past nine! :confused:

I hade a blow out last monday on the trailer i had just got off the train and was on the m20 when the centre tyre on off side blow out i did not hear it i saw it rubber flying everywhere i have never seen so many cars trying to get out of the way of the rubber

yep you can hear em blow n if ya really good you can feel em too

I think if it blows (Goes with a bang) you will hear it no matter how loud the radio is, but a lot of times they go without a bang, usually a slower leek and then tear to pieces when the presure gets too low and the tread seperates from the carcus.

jimti:
I think if it blows (Goes with a bang) you will hear it no matter how loud the radio is, but a lot of times they go without a bang, usually a slower leek and then tear to pieces when the presure gets too low and the tread seperates from the carcus.

This^

You will normally smell them before you hear them

I had one on the offside, middle axle, inner. I nearly went out through the roof vent, and as for the poor bugger in the car right beside it, well…

mutley:
Yep me too, but partially deaf though

and totally daft eh Steve :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

fodentanker:
pardon :laughing:

I heard that pardon…wot was it? :laughing:

Some you hear, Some you don’t. I had a n/s/f super single go on the M5 the other week and the first i knew about it was when the case overtook me.

scotstrucker:
yep you can hear em blow n if ya really good you can feel em too

This is true. Years ago running up M1, feel little kick. Look in mirror and see ■■■■■■■■■ rubbery snake slithering across carriageway.
Bad remould. Tread separated from tyre carcase. No fatalities.