Proper job!!

Yep that’s a former high cube so would’ve been 14" 6’. Total moron for even attempting it, not like containers are that difficult on the heights :unamused:

remy:
That’s one tough old bridge !!!

It gets hit often enough i should imaging it will be used to it.
You come down a hill either side as well so it is right in front of your face as you aproach. Dont see how anyone couldnt notice it.

Beanbonce:
Dont see how anyone couldnt notice it.

As someone has…

Already suggested, the driver frequently goes under it with a standard height box on.

This one time that they’ve got a high cube on… wallop!

SHYTOT:
I blame the mobile phone and not concentrating

Surely theres a cyclist we can blame somewhere?

But what is the stobrats driver doing in that unit anyway?

yourhavingalarf:

Beanbonce:

As someone has…

Already suggested, the driver frequently goes under it with a standard height box on.

Don’t look like high qube to me no yellow/black stickers on the corners that I can see

malcolmgbell:

yourhavingalarf:

Beanbonce:

As someone has…

Don’t look like high qube to me no yellow/black stickers on the corners that I can see

Definitely got the black/yellow markers, and a “caution high container” sticker…

To twist and mangle a container like that, and also to make it to the other side he had to have been doing top speed. I’m honestly impressed at the workmanship of that bridge though!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

99% sure there a girder each side of that bridge now to protect the main span,it’s hit that and no damage to the bridge,Many moons ago Ackworth transport had yard down road and there was sign before leaving yard warning you of that bridge.

stuwozere1:
To twist and mangle a container like that, and also to make it to the other side he had to have been doing top speed. I’m honestly impressed at the workmanship of that bridge though!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Did not make it out other side,look at first pic,then second,you can see drag Mark’s were they pulled it out

This bridge is local to me and it’s remarkable how many times it has been struck.In addition to the statutory"low bridge"signs,there are also electronic indicators just over a mile away where a diversion is possible from both directions.These signs seem about 8’ x 4’ with an amber flashing light in all corners and a matrix saying "overheight and divert.I assume it was functioning correctly.It’s the sort of bridge I would instinctively duck for as I approached even in a ■■■■■■ van.

Come On ……Page 2 already and nobody yet stated ……… so I get to say it……

AGENCY or Flip Flop

OOOOOOOOHHHH Yeeaahh

There is a steel girder in front of the bridge at both sides,painted black and yellow and about a foot gap between main span,as already said there’s electronic signs that’s trigger if you are over height and the diversion is clearly signed and easy to follow.

You’ve got to be a special kind of tool to miss all that and hit it that hard you detach the box and trailer,my moneys on a car sat nav and not paying any attention to what’s going on,Speed limit on that roads 50,I bet he hit it at 56 :blush:

Same bridge a few year ago with a more natural setting :smiling_imp:

So any dashcam (and I am going to say driver facing) footage of these events?

Youtube has loads of external camera shots but stangely, none from inside the cab.
I have clipped a couple of trees in my time but smashing that hard into a RAILWAY bridge. I for one would like to see that.

I wonder what the ‘driver’ was doing as he passed the bloody big electronic sign that flashes at you saying overheight vehicle and to take the diversion■■?

Yorkielad:

At least the Stobies driver tried to keep his load dry with an interesting version of roping and sheeting.

Trouble with these flashy signs is they are only in Engleski so maybe they need replacing with an upside down truck pic.

If its got a bar before the actual bridge, do Network Rail still close the line to check the bridge?

posted before but for the popular bridges,how much could be saved by erecting this?

sign4idiots.jpg

Yorkielad:

And he/she did try very hard to get the whole outfit clear of the carriageway so’s to reduce inconvenience to the minimum. :smiley:

dieseldog999:
posted before but for the popular bridges,how much could be saved by erecting this?

There would still be some that would even miss that.