Proper job

:laughing:

“It is believed the van was a write off” Thanks for stating the bloody obvious!!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

JOIN THE ARMY…BE THE BEST… :smiley:

So I wonder if the driver will be done for driving without due care or ‘just’ failing to comply with a traffic sign? I bet the Base Transport Officer was pleased to see them when they got back to base!!! Camp North Pole here we come.

Just how poor is the construction of that vehicle! :open_mouth:

Makes a change from a lorry! Most of these bases employ civilian drivers to drive these vehicles. Possibly a lorry driver that could not find a job elsewhere. :laughing:

I surprised it didn’t still get reported as a lorry hitting a bridge just to spice it up a bit which the media love. It’s like that low bridge at Ely with the level crossing next to it, half the time when it gets reported as a lorry hitting it, it’s actually a 3.5 or 7.5 ton van.

Tude:
Just how poor is the construction of that vehicle! :open_mouth:

The French have always been known for minimalist design.Let’s just say that not a lot of stress redundancy there. :laughing:.It seems to be relying on the roof and side panels to compensate for a floor pan/chassis structure without much compressive load strength in it.Reverse the compressive loads,transmitted to those panels from the tensile load in the floor/chassis,by tearing the roof and sided apart by hitting a bridge,then the floor/chassis predictably behaves like French cheese.

Rowley010:
It’s like that low bridge at Ely with the level crossing next to it, half the time when it gets reported as a lorry hitting it, it’s actually a 3.5 or 7.5 ton van.

Not surprising at all given the general ignorance of the public; they often refer to my 18t lorry as “your van” :stuck_out_tongue:

ETS:
they often refer to my 18t lorry as “your van” :stuck_out_tongue:

To be fair so do most of us with a proper licence! :wink:

They say the bridge is notorious. Nah, it’s the morons behind the wheel that’re notoriously stupid.