Ponteland Lorry Park Meadowfield Ind Est

I have just been informed today that this lorry park is no longer to be used for HGVs, Cars & Vans only, Regards Larry.

I was there 2 weeks ago. Is this a council thing? Signs?

Born Idle:
I was there 2 weeks ago. Is this a council thing? Signs?

Well as far as I know its going to be resurfaced & marked of in bays for cars only, We have have a big parking problem in Ponteland , A lot of the problems is when its school time, The village is sometimes at a standstill at these times , But why the council want to ban HGVs at night is a joke as you know the lorry park is on the industrial estate & was built as a lorry park many years ago, I used to park there myself when I was an owner driver, Of course we have several resturants & takeaways most of them have no parking area at all so perhaps this has something to do with their reasons for the ban, Regards Larry.

Does this also mean the butty van will no longer operate there either?

Born Idle:

No, the butty van has a marked area that can only be used by him, The adjacent space where the recycling bins are located is marked off with yellow lines and has to be kept clear , Im told there is no overnight parking on the car park opposite too, There is bays marked with red lines for two hours stay only, The other ones with white markings are unlimted times, Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:

Born Idle:

No, the butty van has a marked area that can only be used by him, The adjacent space where the recycling bins are located is marked off with yellow lines and has to be kept clear , Im told there is no overnight parking on the car park opposite too, There is bays marked with red lines for two hours stay only, The other ones with white markings are unlimted times, Regards Larry.

I Heard today that the Lorry Park is going stay for HGV Parking for a while longer.

Well the Lorry Park is now having a height restriction bar fitted to stop HGV,s using it, The Butty Van has gone too, Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:
Well the Lorry Park is now having a height restriction bar fitted to stop HGV,s using it, The Butty Van has gone too, Regards Larry.

Well its now all in place, Even high top Transits cant get under the barrier, These Council people seem to forget that it is on a Trading Est, & lots of HGVs deliver there all the time so where do they expect drivers to go when their time runs out, Crazey IMOO, Regards Larry.