Planning for 60hr weeks

the nodding donkey:

the maoster:

spenno39:
Didn’t know they could do that, is this right or what boys and girls?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Ignoring whether or not it’s right and concentrating on the “can” they do this, the answer is yes. Despite what many RDC lawyers may tell you “they” can plan you for 24hrs a day if they so desire, nothing illegal in that at all. What they are not allowed to do however is force or coerce you into breaking driving regulations, that becomes illegal.

My personal view is take the money, it may not last forever. Of course you may find 13 hours a day to be unduly tiring and that’s fine too, merely tell your employer that you feel too tired to drive, if they insist on it then ask for it in writing. You may find that they soften their stance a tad then.

And Google ‘P45 procedure’…

Also Google whistleblower victimisation. You don’t even need to be an employee to sue an organisation for victimisation in the Employment Tribunal - even self-employed contractors can sue.

Harry Monk:
You can of course say “I’m not prepared to do that”.

Drivers growing a spine.jpg

If its to help your company out, that very same that pays your wages each week…then why not a 60hr week?? Theyre not asking anyone to work for nothing. When it then comes for days off/a bit of leeway here and there those that have done the extra without fuss or crying about it will have the edge over the militant cant do/ wont do cry babies among the company. As long as no kittens get squashed…

AndrewG:
If its to help your company out, that very same that pays your wages each week…then why not a 60hr week?? Theyre not asking anyone to work for nothing. When it then comes for days off/a bit of leeway here and there those that have done the extra without fuss or crying about it will have the edge over the militant cant do/ wont do cry babies among the company. As long as no kittens get squashed…

Some blokes don’t want or need to be wage slave worker drones for 60 hours each week.

ezydriver:

AndrewG:

Some blokes don’t want or need to be wage slave worker drones for 60 hours each week.

Get a decent job and you won’t be a wage slave drone then. :unamused:

A.

Conan the Librarian:

the maoster:

spenno39:
Didn’t know they could do that, is this right or what boys and girls?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Ignoring whether or not it’s right and concentrating on the “can” they do this, the answer is yes. Despite what many RDC lawyers may tell you “they” can plan you for 24hrs a day if they so desire, nothing illegal in that at all. What they are not allowed to do however is force or coerce you into breaking driving regulations, that becomes illegal.

My personal view is take the money, it may not last forever. Of course you may find 13 hours a day to be unduly tiring and that’s fine too, merely tell your employer that you feel too tired to drive, if they insist on it then ask for it in writing. You may find that they soften their stance a tad then.

If you’re not prepared to put in the hours, for a limited period, don’t expect any favours when you need one.

Favours?? from a transport company!!! you need you f head read!!! Pull your head out of the sand.

Good luck doing 60 hours a week.

Ask them are they paying you the 12 weeks average earnings on your holiday pay. :wink:

Drift:
Ask them are they paying you the 12 weeks average earnings on your holiday pay. :wink:

I get 33 days holiday plus 8 day bank holiday.

truckerjimbo:

Drift:

That’s a good package.
But better if they paid average earnings :wink:

truckerjimbo:

Drift:

Must be great being you :unamused: I’ve got a great idea. I am going to get a decent paying job with short hours and good holiday entitlement. Then I will post on a truckers forum how great it is and then rub all the lad’s noses in it who are not so fortunate :bulb:

eagerbeaver:

truckerjimbo:

Drift:

Must be great being you :unamused: I’ve got a great idea. I am going to get a decent paying job with short hours and good holiday entitlement. Then I will post on a truckers forum how great it is and then rub all the lad’s noses in it who are not so fortunate :bulb:

Total agreed.

Take home pay is low but so are the hours. Drivers need to wake up and smell the urine and leave the industry. SIMPLE!!!

Im not trying to rub noses but divers need to wake and leave. This is what I did 2 years ago.

eagerbeaver:

truckerjimbo:

Drift:

Nobody holds a gun against your head and forces you to do a low-paid job with long hours.

100% agree with you on that Harry. But I don’t think people who get out of the haulage game should then turn on other drivers and brag about how good they have it.

Just a bit crass in my opinion. Hopefully drivers will start boycotting the crap payers in the first place.

AndrewG:

You’ve been an owner/driver too long mate. Helping out/doing favours/a bit of leeway is very much a one way street in transport. The boss is all for helping out/doing favours/giving leeway whilst the driver is doing the favours etc… But good luck getting home on a Wednesday for your kids birthday, that early Friday finish to go on holiday, that dentist/doctor’s appointment.

the nodding donkey:

AndrewG:

You’ve been an owner/driver too long mate. Helping out/doing favours/a bit of leeway is very much a one way street in transport. The boss is all for helping out/doing favours/giving leeway whilst the driver is doing the favours etc… But good luck getting home on a Wednesday for your kids birthday, that early Friday finish to go on holiday, that dentist/doctor’s appointment.

Two way street at my place, boss man will do his best to accommodate what I need, in return I get the job done.

Then again I don’t work for a corporate “logistical solutions provider” or any of that dung.

A.

Adonis.:

the nodding donkey:

AndrewG:

Two way street at my place, boss man will do his best to accommodate what I need, in return I get the job done.

Then again I don’t work for a corporate “logistical solutions provider” or any of that dung.

A.

Swings and roundabouts. I like having 4 days off every week… :laughing:

Do you enjoy the job otherwise? Do they in general treat you fairly? How long have you been there? If they are a decent company that you enjoy working at I’d say just ■■■■ it up, it won’t last forever. Helping out when its busy is just par for the course in my opinion, every company has its busy patches

the nodding donkey:

AndrewG:

Totally agreed. And in the real world Its called " flexible working"

eagerbeaver:
100% agree with you on that Harry. But I don’t think people who get out of the haulage game should then turn on other drivers and brag about how good they have it.

Just a bit crass in my opinion. Hopefully drivers will start boycotting the crap payers in the first place.

Im not trying to brag. Ive spoken to many of my old work mates and there still going on about how crap the job is.

LEAVE LEAVE LEAVE!!!

truckerjimbo:

eagerbeaver:

Im not trying to brag. Ive spoken to many of my old work mates and there still going on about how crap the job is.

LEAVE LEAVE LEAVE!!!

Are you this bitter about the job because you and your bum chums had such a crap job you were always desperate to leave? It must be hard being them and being too thick to get away from a crap job, or is it because they’re screwdrivers who couldn’t ever get on with a decent mob?

A.