Places for filming multiple trucks & trailers in UK - suggestions?

Anyone know of any places suitable for filming multiple trucks and trailers, which can be hired in the UK?

We’ve got the budget for hiring a smaller racing circuit like Oulton Park for a day, but bridges are a problem!

Apart from paying for a dual carriageway to be closed for half a day, which we’ve obtained quotes for already and don’t fancy peeing motorists off, does anyone know of any disused/seldom used airfields or large empty warehouse car parks?

Ideally North West, between the Midlands and say Preston to the north?

Cheers guys.

MIRA ?
Millbrook ?
No idea of costs, sorry

Thank you. MIRA is a possibility that we’re looking into, but Millbrook is probably a bit far away logistically etc.

To help narrow it down, or maybe broaden it, would an open area with no roads be OK? Or are you after actual site that appear to be roads?
I don’t know of any, but would an an open dockside area or disused airfield suit? Might jog someone else’s thoughts.

An open area with that isn’t or doesn’t look like an actual road would be brilliant in fact. We would be really happy with a massive, empty car park, a dockside or airfield like you suggest, or a similar area. That’s why I’ve posted on here, as we’ve researched on Google but can’t really find anywhere, especially not in the approximate horizontal band from Birmingham up to Preston ish.

Even if someone knows of a haulier that has a massive yard that can sometimes be empty for some reason, we’d be happy to pay to use it. Only need the space for a full office working day maximum, but could maybe get it done in half a day. Cheers.

1 Like

Manston just outside Ramsgate?

Thank you - will Google it and look into it.

isn’t lydd airport abandoned as well of course there is also detling showground

Thruxton circuit would probably suit you but is outside your preferred area.
Andover way.

These are all awesome suggestions generally, and I know we’re being a pain having to limit it from the Midlands up to Lancashire, but with driver hours, travel/logistics etc, we wouldn’t be able to get the filming done within one day if it’s outside of our ideal band.

Oulton has bridges but might Donnington be suitable, as I think DVV do the Truck Racing there?

any showground should be ok as they have lorries in and out to set up and close down each event

Thank you that’s a good shout - I’ll look into showgrounds in our region. Sure they’d be glad for the extra money perhaps.

dang sorry that map hasn’t worked but there are over a dozen there

I’ll try to find a showground with a relatively hard surface, as the double decks will churn softer surfaces up. Will let you know how I get on.

@cooper1203 is a good shout.

B’ham NEC?
Not all of it though. That’d be a bit expensive!

Good idea - the exhibitor car parks and other wide spaces just to the north east of the NEC look potential. I might enquire to see if the NEC can offer anything e.g. when they’ve not got an exhibition on.

We need exactly that - just a massive open space, pure and simple.

The Trafford Centre in Manchester used to have a large overflow car park that was hardly used, which we thought of hiring, but it’s now a large Tesla collection site!

Some events will need lots of trucks bringing in gear, and they will have proper marshalling areas for that. Other events may have lots of people, but much less kit so leaving the truck areas under used.
Good luck.

Thank you, Franglais. Will let you all know how we get on and what we end up doing!