CJA1… a few more you will remember

The lifting crew

And a handsome young devil who always got to work on the nasties

Sniffy:

The lifting crew

CJA1:
Good Pic"s Sniffy, F/90 was one of my old motors, as you will prob remember I got that new, And Smithy the lifter, is that Flinty with you at the back mate? Cheers mate, keep em comin CJA1.

A couple more TF lorries for you Sniffy. Not sure where they were taken, it was possibly when the water shortage was on.

steptoe:
A couple more TF lorries for you Sniffy. Not sure where they were taken, it was possibly when the water shortage was on.

Good Pictures Steptoe, It does look like the Yorkshire Water Job, I’ve not seen any photos from that area before, It cold be Ecup or Scammonden but was’nt there mysef so not sure as there were quite a few fill and delivery sites built from scratch in fields

Here’s a few pictures of TF (DHL) having other problems with water. Note DS wading about in it. :laughing: But fair play to him somebody had to, at least he was leading by example.

26-06-07_0721.jpg

26-06-07_0722.jpg

Manby road had flooded, cant belive its 2007, :open_mouth: time flys by.

steptoe:

Scammonden Dam My lad earned quite a lot of money running on that job, tacho rules were “relaxed”, very relaxed. :wink:

grumpy old man:

steptoe:

Scammonden Dam My lad earned quite a lot of money running on that job, tacho rules were “relaxed”, very relaxed. :wink:

It does look like that, before EXEL it was a bit of a free for all and the barcodes spoilt a good job :laughing:

There was a lot of water “wasted” :laughing:

I’ve posted quite a few photos on other threads that should be in here

The first photo from the Universal Bulk Archives

sammyopisite:

Hi Steve is that one of Bill Brennans F10 as I think it could have been the wagon which Bill drove his self as he was not into being in the office :laughing:
cheers Johnnie

CJA1:
If my memory serves me right, the F10 was driven at one time, by Alf Beech, when they got based at Urmston, there was a Daf 2800 as well can"t remember the Drivers name? help us out er Sniffy, Regards CJA1.

CJA1:

sammyopisite:

Hi Steve is that one of Bill Brennans F10 as I think it could have been the wagon which Bill drove his self as he was not into being in the office :laughing:
cheers Johnnie

CJA1:
If my memory serves me right, the F10 was driven at one time, by Alf Beech, when they got based at Urmston, there was a Daf 2800 as well can"t remember the Drivers name? help us out er Sniffy, Regards CJA1.

Tuther driver was Billy Nuttall, Vic Richmond emailed me his phone number a couple of weeks ago, good lads eh !

Another batch of Geigy photos for CJA1 - Dave Casey’s ERF on Reliance tankers and TF Scania with one of the LAG tanks with Carboxylate Ester on (A good tank with several still runing today) and then Dave with Pete Redfern (Wendy)

And some HCL tanks

Sniffy:
Another batch of Geigy photos for CJA1 - Dave Casey’s ERF on Reliance tankers and TF Scania with one of the LAG tanks with Carboxylate Ester on (A good tank with several still runing today) and then Dave with Pete Redfern (Wendy)

And some HCL tanks

CJA1:
Hi Sniffy, Yeh that one with the ERFReliance and Scania was on D/kirk Docks [France]
waiting to clear, for a Journey down South Prob mid eighties? Regards CJA1.

CJA1:

Sniffy:

And some HCL tanks

CJA1:
Hi Sniffy, Yeh that one with the ERFReliance and Scania was on D/kirk Docks [France]

CJA1:
And the ones with the “[HCL]” tanks were at “Pyewipe” and I think “Clayton Aniline” Regards CJA1.

One for sniffy here from Colin Picketts flickr site

Sniffy:

CJA1:

sammyopisite:

cheers Johnnie

CJA1:

Tuther driver was Billy Nuttall, Vic Richmond emailed me his phone number a couple of weeks ago, good lads eh !

i remember a friend of my dads who worked for brennans taffy was his name, spent almost every weekend parked up in market st birkenhead :slight_smile:

wirralpete:

Sniffy:

CJA1:

sammyopisite:

cheers Johnnie

CJA1:

i remember a friend of my dads who worked for brennans taffy was his name, spent almost every weekend parked up in market st birkenhead :slight_smile:

Yes! a couple of good lads named there. Alf Beech and Billy Nuttall. Tony Pearson from Scarborough worked with me later at Lewis’s and there was another Alf■■? great bloke who lived in his lorry and was found dead in Hull. I knew most of the drivers at Bills, both before and after Tankfreight and then when he died and his lads had tried, the company was sold to Norman Lewis, some drivers moved, some went their separate ways.

There is a big IF about Bill Brennan and Roger Townson. If they had worked together more, than Hull would not have been ruled by the Liverpool Mafia :smiling_imp:

Two very clever and very stubborn men :stuck_out_tongue:

CJA1:

Sniffy:

And some HCL tanks

CJA1:

CJA1] Ers one on the ferry, Dover D/kirk

100_1527.jpg

Sniffy:

The lifting crew

CJA1:
Ers one Sniffy from Milk Job Cornwall 82.

100_1529.jpg

Sniffy:
I’ve posted quite a few photos on other threads that should be in here

The first photo from the Universal Bulk Archives

CJA1:
Ers Another top of Lostwitheil Cornwall 82

100_1530.jpg

I remember those Harold Woods ERF’s only too well, although from Heckmondwyke they had a depot at J.L. Robson & Sons yard at Portrack, Stockton on Tees, I was night shift chargehand for Robsons for a few years and we did a lot of work on their trucks.
Some of their trucks were in Philips 66 livery and hauled black oil into the power station at Tees-Port
Woods managers at Portrack were Tom McKinstry and Tommy Harland.
I later went to work for Tom McKinstry when he moved to Suttons of St Helens depot at Billingham, driving acid tankers.
He was a very heavy smoker and I believe the “Big C” claimed him eventually.
BTW, I used to like the old Harold Woods blue livery with a tanker on the doors disappearing into a clouded distance, this was in the days when they ran MK 5 AEC’s

Nomad