Periodic Driver CPC Training Available Online?

I’m not going to name names:

I did one the other day, the people who charge £99 a day, very good trainer, I’d recommend him to anyone, but too pricey, (my employer paid for mine)

My buddy did one with Big Name Driving Agency. He said it was rubbish, trainer gave him false info that could easily lead to infringements, fines, penalty points etc. When my (very knowledgeable) buddy corrected this rubbish trainer, they muted him :smiley:

There’s plenty of others running them at around £70ish.
These companies still have staff to employ and overheads, that’s why they’re not going to run them for next to nothing.

Some are limiting the courses to six people, some are not - mine had 23 participants and it worked fine.

I’m not going to fall into the trap of advertising, but I’ve already booked another course with a company I’ve used (in a real classroom situation) before, and after talking to them on the phone I’m confident they’re making big efforts to provide a decent quality session, knowlegeable trainers who won’t lead you astray, and a not-too-unbearable 7 hour session, which is pretty much all anyone can hope for.

Zac_A:
… I’m not going to fall into the trap of advertising, but I’ve already booked another course with a company I’ve used (in a real classroom situation) before, and after talking to them on the phone I’m confident they’re making big efforts to provide a decent quality session, knowlegeable trainers who won’t lead you astray, and a not-too-unbearable 7 hour session, which is pretty much all anyone can hope for.

Hi Zac_A,

The part of the quote that I’ve made red shows how that would NOT count as an advert, and that’s because it is a recommendation. :smiley:

An example of an advert would be you (or the company you work for) offering ■■ course at ■■ £price and inviting folks to get in touch about it.

TN (DVV Media International) does have the possibility to advertise, and I’ll put anybody in touch with the relevant department if they ask me. (By PM.)

In the context of your quote above, it’s perfectly OK to name the company as long as you don’t have any connection to them.

JAUPT are publishing a daily updated list of companies providing approved remote CPC training. The updated list can be found here: jaupt.org.uk/news/2020/03/a … c-courses/

As a Wannabe driver, I have attended 3 training courses with one of the approved providers, and found the remote delivery to be very effective. Each course starts with a few candidates struggling with technology, but soon settles into a standard delivery that I would expect in a classroom.

The trainers ensure that you are present and paying attention via a video link from your computer to theirs, and will only issue certificates if you participate for the full 7 hours of training. I have found the content relevant, and aligns with information that I have read in other materials, ahead of taking my theory test.

Having never held a CPC, but able to take periodic training under acquired C1 rights, I can see that the training record is being uploaded to the DVSA and was abe to request a password to check the record.

dieseldave:

tachograph:
If I’m understanding correctly the courses at EP Training Services are £210 for the five 7 hour courses or £45 for individual courses.

The complete 35 hour of courses costs of £210 includes VAT and course registration (upload fee).

Could someone confirm whether or not the individual course cost of £45 includes course registration ?

I used the ‘toggle’ feature… :wink: :smiley:

This price includes tuition fees, VAT and Driver CPC registration (£43.75).

Looks like their prices have gone up - looks like £55 per day now…

granddaddylow:
Looks like their prices have gone up - looks like £55 per day now…

That didn’t take long id it, get a bit of free advertising on here and see it as an opportunity to put the prices up :unamused:

stevielew:
JAUPT are publishing a daily updated list of companies providing approved remote CPC training. The updated list can be found here: jaupt.org.uk/news/2020/03/a … c-courses/

As a Wannabe driver, I have attended 3 training courses with one of the approved providers, and found the remote delivery to be very effective. Each course starts with a few candidates struggling with technology, but soon settles into a standard delivery that I would expect in a classroom.

The trainers ensure that you are present and paying attention via a video link from your computer to theirs, and will only issue certificates if you participate for the full 7 hours of training. I have found the content relevant, and aligns with information that I have read in other materials, ahead of taking my theory test.

Having never held a CPC, but able to take periodic training under acquired C1 rights, I can see that the training record is being uploaded to the DVSA and was abe to request a password to check the record.

That is a strange link. I had to open it with some spurious software, it wouldn’t open in XLS

I’ve booked in a couple of days with this lot: https://www.actioncpctraining.co.uk

£49, all in. Will see what it’s like.

granddaddylow:
I’ve booked in a couple of days with this lot: https://www.actioncpctraining.co.uk

£49, all in. Will see what it’s like.

That would be £49 for each 7 hour course

The way you wrote it could read as being £49 for a couple of days (2 courses)

Yes. My bad. That would have been cheap!