1 days training.£100!

ive just been talking to a cpc provider regarding periodic training.i was after some tachograph training.i couldnt belive one day towards my cpc is £100!i realise this tachograph training will be useful,but i dont fancy forking out another £600 for the other 6 days training.do employers pay for this training once you are employed.anyone know? cheers

You can get it for 2 thirds of that if you look at certain websites. :laughing: :laughing:

APPROVED CENTRES & COURSES

Hope this helps

where in the UK are you ?

£100 per day seems to be the going rate,I think that its a bit steep.If you compare it with L.G.V. training where the provider has a truck ,diesel and insurance costs sure he can have 2 to 1 on occassions.The C.P.C. bod can have 24. punters in the room at the 1 time.£2400 per day less the rent for a class room or port a cabin.

£100 per day seems to be the going rate

Shop around :laughing: :laughing:

im in birmingham.i went for the first one in the end.only cos they could get me in tommorow.need to learn how these tacho’s work before i start phonein round for work.least i can say ive got the certificate.dont wanna go out half cocked.ill check that list out though for next time.nice one! :smiley:

ten4rubberduckie:
i dont fancy forking out another £600 for the other 6 days training.

If you have done 7 hours (1 day) then that leave 28 hours (4 days) to complete the 35 hours of periodic training

The C.P.C. bod can have 24. punters in the room at the 1 time.£2400 per day less the rent for a class room or port a cabin.

Maximum course size is almost always 15, and quite often only 10 people.

And then of course you need a laptop, projector, screen, whiteboard, flipcharts and pens, not to mention lunch for everyone :unamused:

Agh, I forgot the £1500 to register a training centre with JAUPT, and the £252 per year to register each course you teach, and to be any good you need at least five.

Then there’s the upload fee of £8.75 per person and the printing of handouts for you to take away with you, and of course you’re never going to get 24 people 5 days a week, are you? :smiley:

have I forgotten anything Peter :wink:

Apart from that, it’s a doddle :unamused:

Pat

Maximum course size is almost always 15, and quite often only 10 people.

And then of course you need a laptop, projector, screen, whiteboard, flipcharts and pens, not to mention lunch for everyone :unamused:

Agh, I forgot the £1500 to register a training centre with JAUPT, and the £252 per year to register each course you teach, and to be any good you need at least five.

Then there’s the upload fee of £8.75 per person and the printing of handouts for you to take away with you, and of course you’re never going to get 24 people 5 days a week, are you? :smiley:

have I forgotten anything Peter :wink:

Apart from that, it’s a doddle :unamused:

Pat

The list is almost complete Pat. Oh, I forgot - - my purpose built climate controlled training centre comes FREE!! Luvverly. No rent, no rates, no electric bill, no decorating and full of furniture that cost nothing. But the best bit is this - - all the tutors work for nothing as well - and when they travel to customer sites they don’t claim travel, hotel bills etc.

Now it’s clear that the Bentley will be arriving any time!!! :laughing: :laughing:

Yes, I forgot my wage, travel expenses and running my office…good job you reminded me or I might just have not made that millionare status by 2010 :smiley:

Pat

oh dear…what have i started…? :slight_smile:

Hi Pat/ Peter

You forgot employer and liability insurance oh and a bit of contents insurance we have an interactive smart board that was £8,000.

Why does my Bentley start looking very much like a Fiat 127 nice colour though two tone red with rust.

All of the people in favour of the C.P.C. appear to be training providers.

ive done that tacho training now.what a nightmare when your new to it!i can cope with driving hours,but then they throw in working hours aswell!
i havent worked for a while and was gonna start looking now with me extra bit of tacho training.i was wondering though,does anyone think it might be worth me putting a week aside and forking out for the rest of my cpc training.could go a long way i suppose when im out there looking.certain companies only do certain courses so im aware.which seems strange.whats even stranger is that you can take the same course for seven days and get your cpc card.or so the trainer told me yesterday.i couldnt belive it.i wouldnt want to do that myself.being a newbie id want to learn something!what do you guys think and what would be the best day courses to do?is it worth it?

ten4rubberduckie:
oh dear…what have i started…? :slight_smile:

Nothing really just pointing out that if we take £100.00 from a customer we do not earn £100.00 Mr Brown wants his bit for which we are unpaid tax collectors, DSA want their bit for which we are unpaid fee collectors, for some reason our landlords want rent the coucil wants rates etc etc.

But yes I do agree £100.00 is excessive and you will find a lot better deals out there.

All the best with the rest of your CPC training…hope you get a better deal.

alamcculloch:
All of the people in favour of the C.P.C. appear to be training providers.

If you have read my previos posts you will know that I am not a lover of the CPC, as I think it’s a missed opportunity to train what is needed and for three years have told the DSA as much.

I agree about the waste of an opportunity.We could all use first aid training and other job specific items.The very idea that we can mix and match with coach driver training shows what a pointless exercise this is.

ten4rubberduckie:
whats even stranger is that you can take the same course for seven days and get your cpc card.or so the trainer told me yesterday.

Same course for FIVE days but SEVEN hours each day :wink:

ten4rubberduckie:
what do you guys think and what would be the best day courses to do?

If I had to choose 5 classroom courses they would be -
Drivers hours - law for the driver :wink:
First aid
ADR awareness
… Hmmm… I just went through all the courses on the JAUPT site and did not really fancy any of the other CLASSROOM ones - there were some non classroom I fancied but very expensive !!

alamcculloch:
I agree about the waste of an opportunity.We could all use first aid training and other job specific items.The very idea that we can mix and match with coach driver training shows what a pointless exercise this is.

We train first aid and drivers hours among other subjects to both truck and coach drivers- it’s relevant to all drivers in my opinion :smiley:

ten4rubberduckie:
does anyone think it might be worth me putting a week aside and forking out for the rest of my cpc training.could go a long way i suppose when im out there looking.

I will happily be proved wrong on this, (as we also do fork lift training) but in 90% of the time it will not help to have an Flt licence so may be worth hanging on to your money for a bit.

ten4rubberduckie:
whats even stranger is that you can take the same course for seven days and get your cpc card.or so the trainer told me yesterday.

Daft aint it?