Pedestrian on motorway

toonsy:

halewood:
Saw a woman a few years back, stood on the white line of the hard shoulder, trying to flag down passing traffic, while holding a kids hand.

Just the hand?

Where was the rest of the kid? I wouldn’t stop either or else she might end up waving my dismembered ■■■■■ around at the next batch of motorists!

Judging by your crap joke… Your bunk?

xichrisxi:

discoman:

xichrisxi:
101 police non emergency number,they’ll decide whether it needs a blue light response.

Just for reference, he should call 999, that is an emergency and their life is in danger and then the police cad room will decide whether to send under emergency conditions or send the HE, they would more then likely send it over to the local HE RCC , and let them deal with it.

Just for reference,I’ll call 101 walking up the hard shoulder doesn’t render your life in immediate danger.

Ok, you say that to staff who lose lives on the hard shoulder say that to people who, have to clean up accidents after people are killed on hard shoulders etc… I have personally seen and dealt with people who have died due to being hit on the hard shoulder and have a friend who is still working on the motorway currently … but they were not in immediate danger.

I call HE rather than the police, because the HE understand milepost references and the police don’t

halewood:

toonsy:

halewood:
Saw a woman a few years back, stood on the white line of the hard shoulder, trying to flag down passing traffic, while holding a kids hand.

Just the hand?

Where was the rest of the kid? I wouldn’t stop either or else she might end up waving my dismembered ■■■■■ around at the next batch of motorists!

Judging by your crap joke… Your bunk?

Nope. No good to me if they’ve got no hands :stuck_out_tongue:

Basket:
I call HE rather than the police, because the HE understand milepost references and the police don’t

If you tell the police the carriageway ie Alpha or Bravo … and post number they will pass it on to traffic with the correct Marker post etc … the SOS boxes are staffed from the RCC in the said area I was advised the Southeast one in Surrey has Surrey police in the HE control room directly next to the supervisors.

i saw a tradeplater at 7am this morning being picked up this morning at jct 36 on the m1 by the police, by the look on his face he was about to get a lecture he didnt think he should be getting

scotstrucker:
i saw a tradeplater at 7am this morning being picked up this morning at jct 36 on the m1 by the police, by the look on his face he was about to get a lecture he didnt think he should be getting

I got a £15 fine for walking on the motorway after straying up the slip road of the A1M whilst hitchhiking.
The only ID I had was my fresh provisional licence, way back in 1972 , that was my introduction to traffic police and especially nasty bastid bike coppers .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Never use a handheld mobile to call 101. It’s a legitimate defence to say it’s a life or death emergency but you should call 999.

The real Biffo:
999, 101 Highways, or roadside emergency phone (Which in most cases is the better option) you’ll get the same response, the job will be shared both on the police system, and on the HE system, depending on what type of pedestrian is reported, Kids, Drunks, etc will always get a police response as well as HE, someone walking along with fuel can etc. will get HE. (police if there is a patrol nearby)
Getting back to using the roadside phone, by doing that you will be speaking to a HE operator who will ask you just how far away from this phone the ped was, then they will set the correct amount of signals, if reported by mobile, usually it’s between J# to J# so then the signals have to stretch the whole length between the junctions. Now I don’t blame any of you folks for not wanting to stop on the H/S to do this, so look for one of the markerpost, then you can say something like “He’s approx 200 yds before markerpost 320/0, and I’m travelling northbound” that again helps to only set signals in the correct area, also gives a more definite location to look.

that’s what the letter A denotes ,the other side will be B, N S E W

discoman:

Basket:

If you tell the police the carriageway ie Alpha or Bravo … and post number they will pass it on to traffic with the correct Marker post etc … the SOS boxes are staffed from the RCC in the said area I was advised the Southeast one in Surrey has Surrey police in the HE control room directly next to the supervisors.

North West Motorway Police also have a desk in HE NWRCC. :wink: