Panic

reading this thread richard there are alot of tongue in cheek comments and attempts at humour but as i said in your phonecall you will be fine driving and you should go for it.

as i said apart from a 1 comment that im not happy reading the rest are fine.

mike c could you tell me where you have seen the top 5 stressful jobs which includes driving as ive worked for loads of firms and i dont think ive ever been as stressed as when i was an electrician and i suppose a heart surgeon would be on that list as would a policeman.

anyway thread moved to health forum as requested by ruby.

Many Thanks for the chat Alex. I enjoyed it very much :smiley:

I will keep in touch and let you know how everything goes.

Hopefully I can afford to pay for my medical at the end of the month and the theory and hazard books plus the dsa guide to lgv driving.
Theory test for the month after and practical in December if all goes well.

All the best and thanks again

Richard

no problem at all.

call again if you fancy a chat. :wink:

Welcome to Tnet too old to die young and RUBY. :smiley:
RUBY please stay in touch you will find a lot of support here.
too old to die young it amazes me how stress manifests itself, I get agressive. I had a tooth out yesterday and like a child I had to stand my better half where I could see him because I knew I wouldn’t lamp the dentist with the boss watching. :blush:

jessicas dad:
mike c could you tell me where you have seen the top 5 stressful jobs which includes driving as ive worked for loads of firms and i dont think ive ever been as stressed as when i was an electrician and i suppose a heart surgeon would be on that list as would a policeman.

Well here’s a link to the top 10.

Make your own Alan Freeman music and voiceover while reading it. :laughing:

cheers col…

Top ten stressful professions

IT
Medicine / Caring Profession
Engineering
Sales and Marketing
Education
Finance
Human Resources
Operations
Production
Clerical

Top ten work stresses

Workload
Feeling undervalued
Deadlines
Type of work people have to do
Having to take on other people’s work
Lack of job satisfaction
Lack of control over the working day
Having to work long hours
Frustration with the working environment
Targets

Top ten colleague irritations

Seeing others not pulling their weight
Managers changing their minds about what they want doing
Lack of support from managers
Pressure from managers
Feeling put-upon by managers
Interruptions by colleagues
Interruptions by managers
Bullying behaviour by managers
Lack of support from colleagues
Bullying behaviour by colleagues

Thanks for that lady trucker.
Cheers Col and Alex for the job list. Ahhh see I have already worked in one of them being a health care assistant.
Cheers
Richard

Stress Panic attacks and Depression is why I have been on the sick since March 07

I can relate to most of what has been said

I did suffer blackout but I normally had some notice as normally the palms of my hands would start to sweat ( they are normally cold) my eyes would glaze over I couldnt focus properly go slightly light headed start to feel very weak and dizzy some of the time when this started happening I would go and sit or lie down if it was possible take some extra high protine foods ( bananas sultanas or any other fruit drink some high energy liquids such as lucazade ) this would normally help

There were times this didnt work and I did have a blackout ended up in hospital more than 1 because of it when I did blackout I would also involuntary movement of my arms and legs this was causing the main problem

Then in March 07 when I had 1 I was “talked into going to Dr” he put me straight on the sick asked me to visit him that day looked everything up advised me to stop drivin immediately and would write off to hospital for an appointment with the consultant I received a letter to go in the April I was immediately sent for a CT scan ECG EEG and blood test received all the the results back that day apart from the blood which would take a week every thing was normal

The following week back to hospital to find the results of the blood test which were normal was sent for a MRI scan that came back fine as normal

Also had more test done sleep depravation EEG more ECG and EEG than I care to mention then had another blackout which both my children witnessed next morning phoned my consultant who seen me later that day we explained what had happened and had a discussion about it then decided it was my body “shutting down” as it was to tired and stress was a big part of this

The depression this was partly due to being on the sick not knowing what was going on thinking " what if " it was something and that I would never drive again there were also a lot of other factors a lot gong wrong with the house which is another story and trying to sort that out I also had a lot of personal problems at the time which are really all related

Things are getting better btw so it doesn’t last forever just seems like it but with a lot of help and support thanks to all those who have helped and supported you know who you are and yes it did seem at times there was nobody there and only I was going through this

I have always suffered panic attacks but have learnt to deal with them the bast way I can sometime I am better at than others at coping with them it has been known for me to be shopping part way round I have left the shop without finishing and walked out and left it other times I have stayed and "talked " myself round

Hi Animal

Thanks for the post,

Sorry to hear of your ‘panic’ It is good to have people telling you you are not alone although on the other side of the coin I would not wish it on my worst enemy. (that’s for sure!)

Glad to hear you are having a bit of a better time of it of late.

I know what you are going on about with regard to the shopping though. I get quicker and quicker as I go round. Blimey I am suprised I am not running round the supermarket sometimes. How many times have I wanted to run out and leave my shopping. :blush:

I sometimes have the stupid thought that I wish I could swap it for something wrong that people could see . I now what the panic attack sufferers will know what I am saying there.

I wonder sometimes what I may have been able to acheive if I did not have them. I wanted ti be a firefighter and got through the tests to the hose running stage but missed out on all the available posts I than talked myself out of trying again. I also was a very good health care assistant and could have done the nurse training but for the placements you had to do in other wards like the operating theatre etc :frowning:

One of the biggest anoyances of it though has to be that I know there are many people a lot worse off than me (the hospital work showed me that) but you can’t just say you have it better than a lot of people so be gratefull and pull yourself together and enjoy life because it is not a practice run etc.

Oh well

All the best

Richard