Hi, and a medical question

Hi all, great forum.

If possible, I would appreciate some advice. I have decided on a career change at the ripe old age of 42. I love driving, always have, even when repping doing 30-40k per year, so trucking it is. :slight_smile:

I have a medical booked, but have one concern. Last year I was treated for stress/anxiety purely down to my current job (hence the career change) and I did notice a section for this in the medical form I downloaded from DVLA.

Is this a big issue? I was prescribed setraline and still take it. I have no symptoms now and have never had any in any other period of my life.

I know some will say that being a driver can be stressful, but it is not something I am usually prone to, there was some major crap going on at work lol.

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Rich

Have a look in here viewforum.php?f=12

Take your time as there is quite a bit in there about stress & anxiety

BTW 42 :unamused: that old I wish

animal:

Thanks for that, I did take a read through that area this afternoon, but couldn’t find anything specific for the first medical side of things i.e. what DVLA will find acceptable or not.

See here for Trucknet-UKs list of cheap HGV medicals :wink:

D4 Form (HGV Medical Form)

INF4D (Medical Form Information)

tachograph:
See here for Trucknet-UKs list of cheap HGV medicals :wink:

D4 Form (HGV Medical Form)

INF4D (Medical Form Information)

Ta, read all that too lol

I have booked in with one of the recommended medical providers from that topic.

hjcrichard:

animal:

Thanks for that, I did take a read through that area this afternoon, but couldn’t find anything specific for the first medical side of things i.e. what DVLA will find acceptable or not.

you should find what you need in here

dft.gov.uk/dvla/medical/ataglance.aspx

Denis F:
you should find what you need in here

dft.gov.uk/dvla/medical/ataglance.aspx

Thanks for that, perfect :smiley: