Palmer and Harvey Fareham

Daytrunker:

xichrisxi:

JaxDemon:
Had to reverse up off road and behind the truck is a wall taken out with a 20ft drop and like you I was new pass at the time. 1st time I left it there and unloaded truck. 2nd time I reversed it around the drop to where I needed to be.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Used to deliver to that shop a couple of years ago when it was a Nisa,the council stopped us reversing up the back like you have done…shop keeper was told he would have to take it through the front,shop keeper got the arse and left Nisa,unfortunately for you lot!!!

Wonder if the shop keeper made P&H aware that the council had stopped him having hgvs backing up the slope on safety grounds because the wall to the left as you look at the pic is falling apart and one day your 18/26T vehicle will cause it to collapse and when the ground gives way your vehicle will end up against the house/flats:shock:
Shop is in Walsall,nice chippy across the road from the front of the shop.

Hi Chris where in walsall is it,I have an idea but not sure

Coalpool lane

Thank you Chris I know where you mean now,and bugger that lol .

I did 12 months at the Haydock depot.

Turd.png

eagerbeaver:

I guess you didn’t enjoy it? haha

Nerodio:

eagerbeaver:

Bloody hard work mate, but I figured it was the quickest and best way to get my LGV career going. I started there the day after passing C, did 12 months then passed CE, and the following day from that I got a start on artics with Canute.

So a year and 2 days after passing my class 2, I was driving artics and have ever since, so the strategy worked.

eagerbeaver:

Nerodio:

eagerbeaver:

Bloody hard work mate, but I figured it was the quickest and best way to get my LGV career going. I started there the day after passing C, did 12 months then passed CE, and the following day from that I got a start on artics with Canute.

So a year and 2 days after passing my class 2, I was driving artics and have ever since, so the strategy worked.

Thats me general plan, within a year is to get my C+E so a good appoach to do it. would rather do a year of steady relible work then rely on agencies. That’s what my general thought was anyway. :slight_smile:

How did it go as I believe it was your first day today! Nice hot weather for you as well! :sunglasses:

robbeh:
How did it go as I believe it was your first day today! Nice hot weather for you as well! :sunglasses:

Induction was Monday and went out Tuesday and wednesday with another driver. It is rather physical which I was expecting and the other driver is a nice bloke and a good trainer :slight_smile:. Have to wait and see how I find it once my training is done :slight_smile:

Nerodio:

robbeh:

Induction was Monday and went out Tuesday and wednesday with another driver. It is rather physical which I was expecting and the other driver is a nice bloke and a good trainer :slight_smile:. Have to wait and see how I find it once my training is done :slight_smile:

Are you still there? Lol

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

JaxDemon:

Nerodio:

robbeh:

Are you still there? Lol

Haha yeah I am still there. passed the probationary and all that stuff. So gonna work on Class 1 after some debt has been paid off from the Class 2 haha.

Nerodio:

JaxDemon:

Nerodio:

robbeh:

Are you still there? Lol

Haha yeah I am still there. passed the probationary and all that stuff. So gonna work on Class 1 after some debt has been paid off from the Class 2 haha.

Good man. Hard graft but good pay.

Started off a bit rocky, but it seems to be going okay now, as you said before, its the traveling to and from that is kinda causing me to get slightly annoyed, but I am considering moving closer to the depot anyway, and as you say, its good pay so the petrol money is neglible with how much I am earning now :slight_smile: got 2 weeks off so can’t complain haha :stuck_out_tongue:

Nerodio:
Started off a bit rocky, but it seems to be going okay now, as you said before, its the traveling to and from that is kinda causing me to get slightly annoyed, but I am considering moving closer to the depot anyway, and as you say, its good pay so the petrol money is neglible with how much I am earning now :slight_smile: got 2 weeks off so can’t complain haha :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey mate. Sorry to hear what’s happened to you before Christmas as well. Few of my mates out of a job. Ones just got a mortgage as well.

Hope you find something soon.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

JaxDemon:

Nerodio:

Hey mate. Sorry to hear what’s happened to you before Christmas as well. Few of my mates out of a job. Ones just got a mortgage as well.

Yeah its a complete bummer. I was actually starting to kind of enjoy it. They routed me in the same place most days, I got on with the drivers, supervisors and managers.
I got a job at Muller in Amesbury, but it’s kinda temp for me to save up for my C+E next year :slight_smile:
Some of the drivers at fareham are working as agency at Tescos, its a right bummer it happened but for it to happen at this time of year is a complete ballache.

Nerodio:

JaxDemon:

Nerodio:

Yeah its a complete bummer. I was actually starting to kind of enjoy it. They routed me in the same place most days, I got on with the drivers, supervisors and managers.
I got a job at Muller in Amesbury, but it’s kinda temp for me to save up for my C+E next year :slight_smile:
Some of the drivers at fareham are working as agency at Tescos, its a right bummer it happened but for it to happen at this time of year is a complete ballache.

how’s it going at wiseman’s atm btw?

Aurri:

Nerodio:

JaxDemon:

Nerodio:

how’s it going at wiseman’s atm btw?

It’s good :slight_smile: I’m taking over a route from a person who left this week, Waterlooville and Havant. Been around there with P&H so they figured it was a good place for me to be :slight_smile:
Nice trucks, got a 10 plate scania but they are replacing them with Volvos and they are cramped in the cab :frowning:.
Everyone is really nice and no stress or anything so its nice :slight_smile: