Interview

Morning all.

Well I’ve a interview on Thursday at Canute. It’s for the Wilkinson contract. The manager mentioned double deckers and a typical days work would be take a trailer down to rdc Sheffield way. Pick up loaded trailer then 1/2 store drops, pick up empty trailers and return to depot. Any one done this work before what’s it like shifting these fully loaded cages, double deckers? Any tips for the interview.

Thanks guys

ive worked in a wilkinson store briefly. the cages werent heavy and were for the most part well maintained.

spoke to the drivers when i was taking deliveries and in 2009 they said it was easy work.

cant help with any of the rest of your question. sorry.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

chainmailguy:
ive worked in a wilkinson store briefly. the cages werent heavy and were for the most part well maintained.

spoke to the drivers when i was taking deliveries and in 2009 they said it was easy work.

cant help with any of the rest of your question. sorry.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Thanks for your input, much appreciated :slight_smile:

Although I’m not familiar with this contract or Canute my generic advice is spend a few minutes learning a bit about both companies, dress code is smart casual (shirt, shoes, trousers, fresh boxers/yfronts).

Be prepared for an assessment drive and have clean safety boots, hi viz, etc in car just in case.

Be honest and try and slip in that your reliable, honest, customer focused, quick learner and sell yourself a little without going over the top.

Best of luck, more useful advice will be along shortly.

Feel free to PM me a picture of yourself in just your boxers so I can give you the thumbs up… :wink:

Thank you for that. I spoke to the depot manager earlier and asked about a driving assessment and if I should bring my kit with me. Reply was no it’s just a informal interview, it’s a relaxed environment so that put me at ease straight away. I’ll still take my kit though. One thing that did throw me was double deckers, was she referring to my current job or are there double decker trailers? Lol :confused:

Dipper_Dave:
Although I’m not familiar with this contract or Canute my generic advice is spend a few minutes learning a bit about both companies, dress code is smart casual (shirt, shoes, trousers, fresh boxers/yfronts).

Be prepared for an assessment drive and have clean safety boots, hi viz, etc in car just in case.

Be honest and try and slip in that your reliable, honest, customer focused, quick learner and sell yourself a little without going over the top.

Best of luck, more useful advice will be along shortly.

Feel free to PM me a picture of yourself in just your boxers so I can give you the thumbs up… :wink:
[/quote

Lol :smiley: ]

Why would you need clean ■■■■■■■ for an interview, isn’t some form of 'ist or discriminatory against us commandos :smiling_imp:

Best of luck with the job mate, if they are anything like where i work they’ll be interested in your attendance record re sickness etc, i’m beginning to wonder if we might not have to double up the number of drivers to cover for the ■■■■ takers who seem to be off more than at work :unamused:

Yeah good point there. Lol

I’m wondering if their trucks are AT. That’s all I’ve drove. It’s going to feel strange having a interview again after such a long time. Things to ask/ things NOT to ask?
I’m going to ask about training as I’m sure I’ll get abit. Or maybe they want to give someone the keys and get on with it.

If the decker is a van type with moving floor they’d be bloody stupid to just chuck you the keys and leave you to get on with it.

Most likely you’ll have an induction day or two during which they’ll go through everything about the yard and whats (dis)allowed and if like most firms they’ll send you out with a regular to a store to show you how things are done, course they might not do any of that but any company that doesn’t want to find itself answering charges should disaster strike had better do the basics proper like.

I think they have to give you inductions and training nowadays… What would you say the the average hours are per week. The salary is advertised at 23000. Does this sound reasonable depending on hours worked. Something to ask about at the interview I think.