One for the diehard remoaners/The final word

Had a listen to 5 live this morning, they’re still.at it ffs :laughing: .
Christ I was ready for slitting my wrists and had to flick over to Talksport for some light relief. :open_mouth:

Anyhoo remoaners, chill out, the EU members are panicking already :smiley: …my moneys on NL being the next one to leave the sinking ship of corruption behind.

youtu.be/HAmbCUTPDpo

Then there’s this…(on a side note she’s fit…just saying. :smiley: )
youtu.be/9gCGFClbVjA

Franglais:
Johnson? He who refused to be questioned by Andrew Neil?
But never mind, here he is staunchly fighting off hard questions, by a mob of inquisitors, that his team have chosen. Note the way he self-confidently checks with his handler that he has answered correctly. No danger of putting one over on this guy!

youtube.com/watch?v=vmJC1N1jujg

You protest laughably too much.You know the LibDem in all but name Party leader and his real handler May and his Remainer cabinet are on your side.As it stands we’re still a star on the 4th Reich flag until long after the life of Bojo’s joke Parliament.

robroy:
Christ I was ready for slitting my wrists and had to flick over to Talksport for some light relief. :open_mouth:

Anyhoo remoaners, chill out, the EU members are panicking already :smiley: …my moneys on NL being the next one to leave the sinking ship of corruption behind.

youtu.be/HAmbCUTPDpo

youtu.be/9gCGFClbVjA

The Martin Schirdewan speech was quite good. Laura Huhtasaari was certainly interesting too!

But where is this “panic” among the EU you speak of? Is it coming from the “department against straight bananas” or the “department to ban mushy peas”?

“The sinking ship of corruption”? Planning on giving up truck driving to get a job on The Sun or The Mail?
Care to expand on what you mean here?

NL next to leave the EU?
europarl.europa.eu/news/en/ … e-sceptics
The EU survey shows a different picture about feeling in the EU as a whole.
But here is a longer report by Pew Research (check them out, quite reputable and independent).
pewresearch.org/global/2019 … -citizens/
Obviously not a whitewash job, and much scope for improvement, but since the NL are about 63% in favour of the EU, much more than some other countries, you should get long odds for any bet you`re making.

And knowing how RobRoy loves stats, I looked this out, just for him. Above he posted two videos of people talking of more countries leaving the EU, so here is a video
youtube.com/watch?v=erA3WQE9Zes
of 3 people talking of the earth being flat. Therefore it is 50% more likely the earth is flat than the EU will collapse.

Franglais:

robroy:

youtu.be/HAmbCUTPDpo

youtu.be/9gCGFClbVjA

The Martin Schirdewan speech was quite good. Laura Huhtasaari was certainly interesting too!

But where is this “panic” among the EU you speak of? Is it coming from the “department against straight bananas” or the “department to ban mushy peas”?

“The sinking ship of corruption”? Planning on giving up truck driving to get a job on The Sun or The Mail?
Care to expand on what you mean here?

NL next to leave the EU?
europarl.europa.eu/news/en/ … e-sceptics
The EU survey shows a different picture about feeling in the EU as a whole.
But here is a longer report by Pew Research (check them out, quite reputable and independent).
pewresearch.org/global/2019 … -citizens/
Obviously not a whitewash job, and much scope for improvement, but since the NL are about 63% in favour of the EU, much more than some other countries, you should get long odds for any bet you`re making.

And knowing how RobRoy loves stats, I looked this out, just for him. Above he posted two videos of people talking of more countries leaving the EU, so here is a video
youtube.com/watch?v=erA3WQE9Zes
of 3 people talking of the earth being flat. Therefore it is 50% more likely the earth is flat than the EU will collapse.

Look mate, we’re never going to agree on this, I think the EU is a self serving gravy train , a corrupt organisation that granted we got thousands of pounds out of, but after putting millions in. :bulb:

You think it’s the be all and end all, and that the UK is incapable of surviving without, so we both come at it from different biased directions.

Noticable and radical changes ain’t going to happen overnight, so we will see what will happen and how it pans out, in maybe a couple of years or so?

So in the meantime I’ll keep gloating :sunglasses: and you keep whinging :cry::smiley:

Just for the record btw, I’ve got Dutch in laws and friends, they tell me the general mood in NL is ‘wait and see how Brexit goes’ , but many are as sick and tired of it as we are/were…(well the majority of the UK anyway, if not you. :smiley:)

robroy:
Look mate, we’re never going to agree on this, I think the EU is a self serving gravy train , a corrupt organisation that granted we got thousands of pounds out of, but after putting millions in.

You think it’s the be all and end all, and that the UK is incapable of surviving without, so we both come at it from different biased directions.

Noticable and radical changes ain’t going to happen overnight, so we will see what will happen and how it pans out, in maybe a couple of years or so?

So in the meantime I’ll keep gloating and you keep whinging …

Just for the record btw, I’ve got Dutch in laws and friends, they tell me the general mood in NL is ‘wait and see how Brexit goes’ , but many are as sick and tired of it as we are/were…(well the majority of the UK anyway, if not you. )

I too doubt we will agree on this, so it`s nice to agree on that!

“The Gravy Train” bit: are politicians well paid? Are they paid excessively?
Maybe. But I dont see the EU as being much different to other institutions. Are MEPs worse than Westminster MPs? I dont see Brussels as worse than London.

I dont think the EU is perfect at all. But I do think its likely better for us to be in it, rather than seek some vague, unknown future outside. The current talk from the cabinet, none agreeing about much, shows just how they lack any coherent plan at all.
There could still be a “no deal” on Dec31st, and we could yet crash out with big overnight changes. It is all far from “over”.

Yes, youve said you have Dutch relations. Not surprising if you and your wider family and friends have some common world views, is it? Guess what? Most of my family and friends share my scepticism about Brexit! Because my circle doesnt have 52% in favour of Brexit doesnt mean I think the polls got it wrong. If your circle dont much like the EU, that is not a good clue to the country as a whole.

Harry Monk:

Daresay we wont agree on this, but the funniest bit so far (IMHO) has been RobRoy calling me a whinger after he posted Farage whinging on about the poor UK being "bullied" and "talked down to", and how we "dont want a level playing field"!

But I don`t expect everyone to see it the same way.
Clearly the snowflake leavers have no sense of irony!

chrisdalott:
i reckon we’ll go back in, remember when we chopped the kings head off and then a few years later everyone was all like we dont like this republic anymore mr Cromwell we’d better go back to having a king again. thats the british way

anyway

Elsker du også smagen af dansk sommer? Så lav denne klassiske, nordiske grød - rødgrød med fløde, og server den for gæsterne på terrassen i sommersolen. Grøden har en dejlig smag af friske og søde bær, som alle kan lide!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
whats porridge with berries got to do with it anyway?
scotland will never agree to that.
make it with salt,and put sugar on the top… :slight_smile:

Franglais:

Harry Monk:

Daresay we wont agree on this, but the funniest bit so far (IMHO) has been RobRoy calling me a whinger after he posted Farage whinging on about the poor UK being "bullied" and "talked down to", and how we "dont want a level playing field"!

(@Harry, … :laughing: Thanks, nice one, but I don’t need a handbook thanks Harry, I’m managing quite successfully without one :laughing: )

Franglais really? …THAT is the funniest thing about all this in your opinion? :neutral_face:
You mean even funnier than the fact that despite a referendum, 3 years of embarrassing delaying tactics and dirty tricks by bad losers, then a second referendum in the guise of a General Election to shut them up…, that the remainer camp is STILL epically belly aching about the results? :laughing:

(Key turned another couple of clicks Harry. :smiley:)

robroy:

Franglais:

Harry Monk:

(@Harry, … :laughing: Thanks, nice one, but I don’t need a handbook thanks Harry, I’m managing quite successfully without one :laughing: )

Franglais really? …THAT is the funniest thing about all this in your opinion? :neutral_face:
You mean even funnier than the fact that despite a referendum, 3 years of embarrassing delaying tactics and dirty tricks by bad losers, then a second referendum in the guise of a General Election to shut them up…, that the remainer camp is STILL epically belly aching about the results? :laughing:

(Key turned another couple of clicks Harry. :smiley:)

Man jumps out of a twentieth floor window, on his way down he says “So far, so good”.

Since, even by your own estimations we won`t have any results for a few years… I think any point scoring is somewhat premature.

And to repeat the point I made, why do you apparently admire the whinging Farage?
Anyone would think he held a grudge because he had to repay the monies he misspent back to the EU? (An example of the EU trying to cut down on financial problems.) Even back then his EU group had a whinge about how they were being picked on somehow.
Not convinced? (From 2017)
“53, separated and skint” … “there’s no money in politics”…"“There’s no money in politics, particularly doing it the way I’ve done it – 20 years of spending more than you earn,” he told the Mail.
Poor bugger, almost feel sorry for him, in his £4million shack.

News reporter the other night: “It’s official we are no longer in Europe.”

Me: “Really? Where are we parked now then in the [zb]ing Caribbean■■?”

Thick fog in the English Channel, Sun headlines:
“Europe Isolated”!

robroy:
3 years of embarrassing delaying tactics and dirty tricks by bad losers, then a second referendum in the guise of a General Election to shut them up…, that the remainer camp is STILL epically belly aching about the results? :laughing:

Do you mean the closer to 4 years of delay tactics so far.Or the at least 8 years of delay tactics from now which closet Remainer Bojo and his not so closet Remainers in the cabinet and May who is still there,have tied us to.The GE was just a sham, using controlled opposition Corbyn and Farage,to get Bozo in to deliver May’s Brino to Remain/Rejoin ‘deal’ and Remainers like Franglais know it.That’s why they’ve far from given up because they know we’ve got at least one more GE probably more for them to push their agenda.Anyone who thinks that the Tories were ever for Leave is deluded.

Final answer Frangy and last word… :smiley:

whinger.jpg
You were warned. :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

robroy:
Final answer Frangy and last word… :smiley:
You were warned. :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

Final word?
No chance of me responding?

Huh, and you call the EU undemocratic! :smiley:

robroy:

We’ve had nearly 4 years of Remain so what are we waiting for.Why do we need to Remain to Leave.

So the ECA stays in force.While we also stay tied to the ECJ’s ruling at least,you know stuff like contributions,trade law,common fishing policy until at least 2008.In addition to whatever other type of ‘alignment’ that closet remainer Bojo signs us up to before the next GE,or even ‘Rejoin’ by any government after that.

The fact is we are still a star on the EU flag and it takes naivety in the extreme to think that this sham isn’t all about the ongoing Remainer exit strategy,of sabotage and a play for time,regarding a riggged Brexit referendum,which backfired and the Remainers know it.That’s why they haven’t gone away.

Living in NE Scotland there was push for Brexit from the fishermen who wanted exclusive fishing grounds again. So this will be a test for our government this year unlike so many Brexit will come good over time promises. That’s right, a Brexit test this year and my money’s not on what the majority expect!
If the government don’t produce a result on this one they can kiss goodbye to the Tory voting fishermen and David Duguid can kiss goodbye to his job next election.

Sent from my R19 using Tapatalk

Franglais:

robroy:
Look mate, we’re never going to agree on this, I think the EU is a self serving gravy train , a corrupt organisation that granted we got thousands of pounds out of, but after putting millions in.

Just for the record btw, I’ve got Dutch in laws and friends, they tell me the general mood in NL is ‘wait and see how Brexit goes’ , but many are as sick and tired of it as we are/were…(well the majority of the UK anyway, if not you. )

Maybe. But I dont see the EU as being much different to other institutions. Are MEPs worse than Westminster MPs? I dont see Brussels as worse than London.

I dont think the EU is perfect at all. But I do think its likely better for us to be in it, rather than seek some vague, unknown future outside. The current talk from the cabinet, none agreeing about much, shows just how they lack any coherent plan at all.
There could still be a “no deal” on Dec31st, and we could yet crash out with big overnight changes. It is all far from “over”.

Yes, youve said you have Dutch relations. Not surprising if you and your wider family and friends have some common world views, is it? Guess what? Most of my family and friends share my scepticism about Brexit! Because my circle doesnt have 52% in favour of Brexit doesnt mean I think the polls got it wrong. If your circle dont much like the EU, that is not a good clue to the country as a whole.

I too, have Dutch relations (something to do with my Dutch passport I think… :sunglasses: ). You may be surprised, that they are not eagerly awaiting the clarion call to man the barricades and exit the EU.

They are thoroughly fed up with the way the EU is run, and most Dutch would love to get back to the Gulden. But they are also pragmatic. They have a flourishing cut flower trade, and vegetables grown year round under glass. All that, relies on trade, mainly with their European neighbours. And if you think the UK has immigrant problems, think again. And as for the old "the UK is full to bursting, we’re overcrowded " try fitting 17MILLION plus people in a space slightly larger than Wales, and try to run an agricultural industry amongst it…
The difference between the Brits and the Dutch (and I dare say the French, the Belgians, the Danes and yes, even the Germans) is that the later realise the most important benefits of the EU. 70 years of peace and prosperity. And those are worth a modicum of less than ideal “central government”.

The biggest con from the British Governments of the last 40 years is perpetuating the lie that they could do nothing to stop the EU I interfering with British home matters. Nothing g is further from the truth.

As mentioned earlier, the first, and possibly last, test for Boris is the fishing rights. Having bought the votes of the Cornish and Scottish fishing g communities, with false promises of “taking back our fishing waters”, he’ll have to explain to them that their livelihoods are to be traded away to keep the banking and services industries secured in London…

You all better strap in, its going g to be a rough ride…

the nodding donkey:

Franglais:

robroy:

I too, have Dutch relations (something to do with my Dutch passport I think… :sunglasses: ). You may be surprised, that they are not eagerly awaiting the clarion call to man the barricades and exit the EU.

They are thoroughly fed up with the way the EU is run, and most Dutch would love to get back to the Gulden. But they are also pragmatic. They have a flourishing cut flower trade, and vegetables grown year round under glass. All that, relies on trade, mainly with their European neighbours. And if you think the UK has immigrant problems, think again. And as for the old "the UK is full to bursting, we’re overcrowded " try fitting 17MILLION plus people in a space slightly larger than Wales, and try to run an agricultural industry amongst it…
The difference between the Brits and the Dutch (and I dare say the French, the Belgians, the Danes and yes, even the Germans) is that the later realise the most important benefits of the EU. 70 years of peace and prosperity. And those are worth a modicum of less than ideal “central government”.

The biggest con from the British Governments of the last 40 years is perpetuating the lie that they could do nothing to stop the EU I interfering with British home matters. Nothing g is further from the truth.

As mentioned earlier, the first, and possibly last, test for Boris is the fishing rights. Having bought the votes of the Cornish and Scottish fishing g communities, with false promises of “taking back our fishing waters”, he’ll have to explain to them that their livelihoods are to be traded away to keep the banking and services industries secured in London…

The UK fishing is a strange case. Pretty small but very emotive. We export lots of the UK catch to the EU, and import loads of different varieties to eat.
Would it be a good move to increase a small industries production, if that meant it’s main market had extra costs put on it, and shrank? I.E. if we got more fishing grounds but the EU stopped buying because of tariffs, or impossibly difficult transport, so catches were all landed in Holland rather than Scotland!
Over simplistic sound bites from too many involved groups.

Edit.
And I do take your earlier very well.
The EU isn’t a perfect organisation, but it seems clear to me, we’re probably better in than out.

the nodding donkey:

The biggest lie is that Federalism keeps the peace in Europe.When we’ve had two world wars started by Germanic Federalism wanting to expand its Reich/Austrian Empire across Europe.Not to mention the aggression of the Yugoslav Federation against the self determination of Slovenia and Croatia.

When what you actually mean is lets submit to the blackmail of keep the 4th Reich happy or Germany might kick off again.

As for Bojo this is the Party which took us into the EU and the Party which kept us in it from Heath to May.Yes we know that the Tory remainers will try every false flag tactic in the book to keep us tied to the EU scam, to keep the bankers happy on both sides of the Channel.Who would have thought it.