Older wagons still earning their corn

Just a thought Rigsby, Is your name on the wall at Gardners at Paticroft works for being a naughtey boy I wonder, There a few hundred Im told, :question: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: , Regards Larry.

i’m always on the lookout for older motors still working.yesterday heading south on the M1 Leicester area,was a mighty 143 Scania low loader,in red,but didn’t catch the name on the door.also in Leics,Cosby Suppliers,in Cosby :astonished: ,use a Scania 93 (i think it is),alonside a modern Merc.

Scania 113h 360 wot I took a photo of a week before Christmas

I suppose this ERF isn’t that old but it’s still working daily, I took this pic in December 2020.

100_0117.JPG

Pete.

there’s a whole fleet of R reg to 52 reg foden alpha’s and an ERF ec operating out of wollaston near wellingborough, green waste water tankers. went by their yard last week, bit of a time warp

tonyj105:
there’s a whole fleet of R reg to 52 reg foden alpha’s and an ERF ec operating out of wollaston near wellingborough, green waste water tankers. went by their yard last week, bit of a time warp

i see them all the time! didn’t know who they were,or where they came from tho’

youtu.be/h1sqXcHR-tg

Star down under.:
https://youtu.be/h1sqXcHR-tg

Nice.

flickr.com/photos/56546711@N03/8719141403

PS if the vid doesn’t work let me know (it won’t for me for some reason), but here’s a photo of it anyway

Davidoff:
For the francophiles on here or BERLIET afficionados.

I was in the Dordogne over the weekend I could not help myself but pull over and take a few shots at this beauty when I saw her parked up in that yard.

I remember them very well from my childhood in the mid 80s, some of them were already bruised and battered then. They are an extremely rare sight these days, it’s been years since I last saw a working one. She is probably enjoying a fairly easy life carrying this tank around, all the tippers have long gone across the Mediterranean.

I am 99% sure this is a GBH280, a Renault-badged Berliet really.
Based on her reg she has been re-registered somewhere in the 80s so won’t teach us when she was first put on the road. I don’t know when exactly these were discontinued and replaced with the club-of-four derived CBH series (whose power ranges were extended all the way to 380hp in the early nineties). This one would date just after the forced marriage of Saviem & Berliet into Renault Véhicules Industriels (RVI) I would estimate this one to date 1979-1980.

I hope you enjoy these few modest pictures.

Regards
David

Not only do I remember them, but I also drove them. Behind the whhel one had the sensation of driving an army tank.

And, believe it or not, this 1961 Berliet TLM 10 M2 is still earning his life within a small fun fair in the Perpignan area. At least was it in 2019, before Covid.

This other is even older, because it has an “M” cab.

This old girl was out in Glasgow today

Nice looking Volvo still earning a crust, Buzzer

Imo the best ever British built tractor unit still in action today on the services at Ross .

48814360762_3a0c8755ae_z.jpg

Still doing a days work for this Oldham haulier.

I would happily drive one of those now.

Spotted this at ABN Milling Walsingham. There were a few from the same company running around Fakenham last week.

beanie:
Spotted this at ABN Milling Walsingham. There were a few from the same company running around Fakenham last week.

Localish for them beanie, I believe they are from kings lynn.

beanie:

Re post for Mothers Pride Bread. 1960s as a van lad to driver later I had many jobs based at Trafford Park. Williames Transort Group (Irish Groupage)late 1960s early 70s they had three units on Warren Road Trafford Park then moved to Timpson Road Wythenshawe. Smiths of Eccles Taylor Road Urmston. MAT Fleet Services MIFT Trafford Park, Humko (KRAFT) Westinghouse Road on Road tankers, Smiths and Robinsons Urmston Taylor road Tankers.
We bought a plot of land and had a house built near Kings Lynn 1985. I worked for Ayres Bircham Road Stanhoe for a few weeks on the Sugar Beet Campaign carting to British Sugar Saddlebow Kings Lynn (plant closed down late 1980s) They moved the plant to Wissington. Ayres also used to cart coal and coke at their Docking yard. Strange coincidence my first job in Norfolk was working for the Ayres family and I was born the other end of the road to Mothers Pride bakery on Skerton Road near Ayres Road Old Trafford. Two days I had driven an eight legger for Ayres and may have been the one photo attached.
Late 1985 I worked for Dairy Crest Kings Lynn collecting Milk from farms Tanker around North Norfolk areas. 1995 I got a job as a civilian working for the MOD at RAF Marham as a lorry driver, coach Driver and Crane Driver. I retired 2004.
Regards Kev

Kraft_Humko[1].jpg

Saw an F reg Leyland road train tipper on the A120 just west of bishops stortford on Tuesday morning
Dark green on and it was working as it had a load of soil in the back

New pastures

Humko is a blast from the past, at the corner of Trafford Park Road and what is now John Gilbert Way.
Pale blue Atkinsons and ERF which seemed cramped into a small yard surrounded by a low level black fence.
I was only a small boy then sat on the engine hump of Dads Foden S39 heading for Freightliner. And the smell of Central Edilble Oils I can still smell now when in Trafford Park.