Older wagons still earning their corn

this went past my house on Friday , ‘E’ reg E series , still used everyday , still in the original paint work, they’ve had it from new. missed their EC going the other way , he’d gone before I could get my phone out

Barretts of Oldham still running ERFs + a DAF 45

This is a regular visitor to our yard in Leicester

Russia

Still working in Barcelona

In Riga

1.jpg

This old lady retired with me March 2015, R reg FH460 ran at 50 tonnes GVW for Kent County Council from day one as a weighbridge test unit. What a good lorry.

Spotted last week here in rural New Sarf Wales, this bonneted MAN 26.281 (late 70s?? - godnose)

IMG_20180801_105034.jpg

Bob Carmichael F88 still logging on

And another from New Sarf Wales last week, this old trooper (a 2238 Merc) backed into a repair yard.

This one still does a shift or two

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not many of these about now.Taken today 29th April 2019

Tony

This old beast parked opposite me last week in chippenham truckstop, sounding very nice and looking very nice.

Also spotted this when having a break in rownhams services, was informed it is used everyday running containers to and from the port for removals

Snapped at Carnforth April 2018.
Oily

Today Russia

‘Old wagons still earning’ my arris…there are some very decent motors pictured that I’d be more than happy to do a shift on (if I could get mounted), the folk who have posted the aforementioned ‘wagons’ should have been around when us older lads were much younger and seen some of the old tired stuff that we were given to work with.
Try a 6 wheel single drive Sentinel fitted with a 6LW and a geared diff, 28 mph was all I ever squeezed out of that sad heap of misery…3 load of coal a day, Wakefield to Harrogate gas works. :frowning:

grumpy old man:
‘Old wagons still earning’ my arris…there are some very decent motors pictured that I’d be more than happy to do a shift on (if I could get mounted), the folk who have posted the aforementioned ‘wagons’ should have been around when us older lads were much younger and seen some of the old tired stuff that we were given to work with.
Try a 6 wheel single drive Sentinel fitted with a 6LW and a geared diff, 28 mph was all I ever squeezed out of that sad heap of misery…3 load of coal a day, Wakefield to Harrogate gas works. :frowning:

Similar with a Foden fg , until an old hand showed me how to wire the governor bar to the throttle bar . Got up to the dizzying speed of 42mph with the traditional stick under the dash .Dave

Rigsby you naughtey boy :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: , , Lewis Gardner would have had your good name blacklisted for doing such a thing as tampering with his Gardners , Mind you I was shown how do this wonderful bit of stuff myself in the 50s on a 5 potter, And it worked to both me and my gaffer, Of cause he wasnt aware of this, Happy long gone days, :angry: :angry: :angry: , Regards Larry.