The Old Man's Wagon's , 1990 - 2002

Further to my last post on Trucker Ash’s fabulous record breaking Trucking in the 80’s post (trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic. … start=1080), here are some from post 1980. I had some fantastic memories of times away with may dad as a youngster, and this site has brought back so many more. Well done to all those who make this what it is today.

Regards, Chris.

great pics mate :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: is john mann still going■■?

Cheers mate. Believe so, but only running trailers for subbies. I’ve seen the step frames on un liveried tractors for a few years now, and all if not most of the motors got sold off just after they moved to a new, larger premises in Sleaford & business started going pera shaped, I’m lead to believe - the curse of the expansion! Let me know if you want any more pic’s of Mann’os motors - I took a run upto their yard a few years back doing some reasearch for a 1:24 scale model project of one of my dad’s motors at the time.

yeah mate get them banged up got any of his old motors■■?

Whats your dad’s name just to see if I recall him from Danesbury?

Ben9:
Whats your dad’s name just to see if I recall him from Danesbury?

Bob Slater, from Stafford. Some will say a unique charactar(!). Was there whilst DF were at Congleton about 18 months-2 years prior to their move to Alsager, and up until they shut the doors.

There was/is one of them DAF 95 tractor units with services to Africa etc pulling a TNT trailer around the northwest… I used to see it delivering into CHester exhaust bumpers lane a couple of years back late afternoon.

hes from deeside when i was on for tnt used to see him in kingsbury pdc :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

bet it was a sad day when he got that merc :cry: seemed to do ok otherwise :laughing:

whooshwhoosh:
bet it was a sad day when he got that merc :cry: seemed to do ok otherwise :laughing:

T’was. But like most of the motors, never lasted long in each - x3 trips max. Lost count of the number of Scania’s & Daf’s in Pandoro Refrigeration/Stateline colours that made their way into Stafford - all ragged to hell. From memory, although rough, they all went like stink. I remember the red 143 in the pics loaded with hanging beef at 85mph on the M54 early oneSunday morning with plenty more left - it was the rediculous amount of play in the cab mounts that halted the speed trial! Bit scary that!