Old Truck Accident Pics

Little nibble on the crash barrier

Dennis Javelin:
Not an old pic but then 24 hours is old if you are a Mayfly :laughing: :laughing: I passed this accident on the A1 @ Grantham yesterday.

Typical plod stood with his hands in his pockets

GS OVERLAND:
Hi Dan
I had just left Bob Paul’s house after collecting my TIR Docs and running money and was on a ‘B’ road heading towards the A20 and then on to Dover. It had been raining and the road was greasy, I was going round a right hand bend and I felt the truck slide a bit so I backed off the accelerator and rode it around the bend but I drifted a bit wide and my drive wheels went over an electrical duct which collapsed. The drive wheels went down it and tried to stop the truck dead. This resulted in the near-side drive axle springs being broken and the truck flipped over on its side. I was loaded with cable drums of fibre optic cable destined for Damascus Airport, which were a bit top heavy and the whole lot went over on my drivers side. At first I thought that I had hit a tree and broken my drivers mirror, but I soon realised what had really happened and as the truck came to a halt on its side I was catapulted through the windscreen on to the dirt.
It was about midnight and a fire truck was passing and came to my assistance. I was per occupied trying to rip off my front number plate which was Dutch and you may find it still in the field where I threw it.
I escaped with a cut to my forehead and right thumb and a bruised neck where I hit the drivers door pillar on my way out… :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
An Ambulance soon came and whisked me off to Ashford hospital. after a few stitches I was released and Bob Paul took me back to the scene of the accident where I saw what was left of my old girl.
I got paid out by the insurance soon afterwards and after a short holiday in the Algarve I bought my “Scania Light” and loade for Kuwait.
I kept that truck until I packed it all in.
Rumor has it that I crashed because I had a drink with Bob Paul at his house ! But that isn’t the case, I don’t like Whiskey!!,
Gavin

Now they were the good old days.A proper way of life.

Sent from my SM-T715 using Tapatalk

A nasty accident from June 1970. The AEC had braked for traffic lights at Five Ways Corner, Croydon. The container slid forward, overturned the cab and completely crushed it, killing the driver instantly. The container was found to have been held on the flatbed by two light-gauge chains only.

Front and rear ended on the M6

MaggieD:

Just goes to prove that ropes and sheets are capable of securing a load :stuck_out_tongue:

Not my pics

Suedehead:

MaggieD:

Just goes to prove that ropes and sheets are capable of securing a load :stuck_out_tongue:

They are. My late brother put a Dodge 4-wheeler on its side on a village green with a sheeted load of veg on, swerving to avoid some pillocks pushing a broken down Transit on an A road at night without lights. Wrote off the cab and twisted the chassis but the load didn’t move.
Bernard

816E6441-2D6E-4437-9AD2-37D7069C37FE.jpeg

On the motorway near Heilbronn October, 10th 2020. The polish MAN rigid hit the back of an articulated truck, and its cab was torn off its chassis and pushed 3 metres backwards. Unfortunately, the driver died. My wife was delayed for 2 hours in the traffic jam which followed.

Buzzer

Slight mishap still a write off though

Buzzer

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Strange. It looks it happened on a working site, but nevertheless the truck must have been driving fast to achieve such a result.

Froggy55:

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Strange. It looks it happened on a working site, but nevertheless the truck must have been driving fast to achieve such a result.

You can get up to a good speed on an unfinished stretch of motorway. I did it once in a Wolsely 1100 and hit a hidden narrow trench. There was a bang and the front sub-frame parted with the rear one. Lesson learnt! :laughing:

126260866_10222657658968271_3561509437867475758_n.jpg

A bit of a coming-together in the early fifties. this was outside my old junior school on Sackup Lane, Darton. The houses and the school wall are still there, but the school (and the lorries!) have gone. The ex-military truck straddling the wall belonged to Darton Urban District Council. I wonder how many of those schoolkids are still with us?