Old Truck Accident Pics

Miraculously Riding’s driver Jack Moon came out of this accident with just a broken hip joint, which unfortunately still causes him some discomfort to this day.

Is that the same Atki that’s on your avatar? Shocking flimsy bits of rubbish . I praised the day I got my first Volvo and never looked back. UK truck manufactures had an easy ride for years ,even making it illegal to sleep in the cab to cut costs on material . When the F88s first arrived they were cheaper than the Atki but had a strengthened cab,sleeper,power steering ,proper heater,big mirrors,smooth gearbox,diff lock…

harry:
Is that the same Atki that’s on your avatar? Shocking flimsy bits of rubbish . I praised the day I got my first Volvo and never looked back. UK truck manufactures had an easy ride for years ,even making it illegal to sleep in the cab to cut costs on material . When the F88s first arrived they were cheaper than the Atki but had a strengthened cab,sleeper,power steering ,proper heater,big mirrors,smooth gearbox,diff lock…

… vacuum nightmare windscreenwipers, cockpit of a bubble-car…Robert :laughing:

Then you can imagine what it was like driving an ERF with a 180 ■■■■■■■ in it ? :laughing:

Thames Trader Ac.jpg

I don’t know which is best in an accident, an Atky/Foden/ERF where it explodes and you usually get thrown out or a steel cab that folds in around you and traps you in? We had many Fodens smashed up badly, or even written off, but never had a driver injured.

Pete.

windrush:
I don’t know which is best in an accident, an Atky/Foden/ERF where it explodes and you usually get thrown out or a steel cab that folds in around you and traps you in? We had many Fodens smashed up badly, or even written off, but never had a driver injured.

Pete.

I believe that there were statistics to prove that a driver had a better chance of survival in a coachbuilt cab than in a metal cab,prior to the Atky,ERF and Foden cabs been made obsolete by the new impact regs that were introduced.Cheers Bewick.

Steve

Was a Tf  Ranks.jpg

neversweat1:
Steve

Here"s one not so old, only April this yr a Rank Hovis T/F and a Beer Tanker Coming together on the 74 Scotch Closed the M/way for 11hrs or so, well and truly in the Graveyard? Cheers Chris

TF Unit  nTank Write off.jpg

CJA1:

neversweat1:
Steve

Here"s one not so old, only April this yr a Rank Hovis T/F and a Beer Tanker Coming together on the 74 Scotch Closed the M/way for 11hrs or so, well and truly in the Graveyard? Cheers Chris

Oh and a BBC report at the Time Chris.

Well, Batter luck next time :smiley:

W.Carter haulage Seddon ,near Harwich

[attachment=4]036.jpg[/attachment

threlkeld village before A66 WAS THOUGHT about

image.jpg

image.jpg

Steve

What’s this with the Thames Trader and the abillity to come a cropper. :smiley:

postman paul:
What’s this with the Thames Trader and the abillity to come a cropper. :smiley:

Because they went like hell, and had crap brakes :slight_smile: