oil companys

v7victor:
A one from earlier

here how many of us knows what ADR ,stands for ?

v7victor:

v7victor:
A one from earlier

Hiya Vic, I always thought it was taken from the bull**** written out by some berk in Brussels and is the three key words in the document title, i.e, Agreement, Dangerous, Road. However I am often proved wrong!!! Regards, Mizzo.

Yeah Les,i think your about right,if not some one is sure to put us right.P.S. queer do with Petroplus eh.Vic

When i worked on petroplus at grangemouth we had about 6…7 artics + 4…5 six wheelers all petroplus livered. last year we were down to 1 artic. its a pity they went bust because it was a good job on p/plus. this is one of the last loads i did for them tipping at stirling.

DSCF7126 (1) - Copy - Copy.JPG

By the look of the still painted exhaust she not been on the road long. I remember when I used to go to Buncefield with Dad, while he was loading I had to go & sit in the drivers room & wait, which never bothered me at all cos the Mobil rest-room looked out on the main access road to all the Terminals up there, as Mobil was the first on the left as you turned up the road you could see every tanker from every company as they turned in or were slowing down for the T-junction, night & day they were up & down, I could have sat there for weeks drinking tea & watching :smiley: . Chevron & fina were opposite Mobil, Dad reckoned they could never say no to a salesman, cos they seemed to run 1 of evereything out of there, Leylands, Fodens, DAFs, I remember a Volvo F88 & a Berliet too, the last 2 being very rare on the Oil company fleets, although ELF did run a few Berliets later on too.
Regards Chris

transportphotos.com/road/photos
JS01099-05d1.jpg

v7victor:

v7victor:
A one from earlier

unece.org/trans/danger/publi/adr/adr_e.html
There you are. I must admit, I had a card for many years but I’d no idea what ADR meant.

Yeah,it was just the A i did’nt understand,i presume it stands for agreement.Thanks Vic.

A couple more long gone fuel companies
transportphotos.com/road/photos

VS01936.jpg
VS01990.jpg

Bitumen being transfererd from a Rail truck, is it still done like this anywhere?

Polished aluminium tanks weren’t as common back then I don’t think!

IMG.jpg

March 1954, 1st ever road delivery in the UK of Liquid Sulphur leaves Shell, Stanlow.

adr:
March 1954, 1st ever road delivery in the UK of Liquid Sulphur leaves Shell, Stanlow.

Nice old photo of the AEC Mammoth Major MK3 Chris.I wonder if it’s a Harold Wood or a Smith and Robinson contract motor with that “WU” West Riding reg ?

Chris Webb:

adr:

Nice old photo of the AEC Mammoth Major MK3 Chris.I wonder if it’s a Harold Wood or a Smith and Robinson contract motor with that “WU” West Riding reg ?

Hi Chris, I bow to your superior knowledge on the reg, plate, could be H.W. or S & R, don’t know which one had most wagons on for Shell back then, both were big enough to be trusted with such an important load!
Regards Chris

Clean & smart :smiley:

adr:

Chris Webb:

adr:

Hi Chris, I bow to your superior knowledge on the reg, plate, could be H.W. or S & R, don’t know which one had most wagons on for Shell back then, both were big enough to be trusted with such an important load!
Regards Chris

Here’s another photo of it Chris and it’s captioned as a Harold Wood machine,I thought I’d seen it before. :smiley:

That’s a better one :smiley: , nice, thanks for that!

adr:

Chris Webb:

adr:

Regards Chris

Definitely a Harold Wood tanker. It was featured in an AEC Gazette article about HW.

ADR, Accord Dangereuse Routiers ■■

european AGREEMENT for carriage of DANGEROUS goods by ROAD =ADR