Noticed Serbian plated lorries more often

I think KBR had bases in Iraq and Afghanistan , there is a video from a few years ago of an armed convoy of trucks driven by Americans.
Harrowing viewing and pleas of help on the cb for back up after being ambushed and shot at .

Mazzer2:

Tarmaceater:
There is a huge depot in Coventry near the arena on the industrial estate where Co-op is, it’s a Turkish firm with it’s own warehouse.
And what happened to Willi Betz , they were everywhere, used to see their laundry drying out on motorway fences ?

Last I heard they were concentrating on supplying forces in Afghanistan and were running out to there, don’t see any of them out in Europe anymore

If you have your own customs agents, bonded warehouses, shipping agents etc it is actually much more profitable to run EE and Asia as opposed to Western Europe.

Wheel Nut:

Tarmaceater:
I think there was a Trucknet member who worked for an American company that supplied transport to Iraq and Afghanistan called KBR , for an interview in Texas then fly out to the danger zones driving fuel or water tankers and general haulage with the risk of being shot at , kidnapped or the head chopped off .
His Avatar was an American armed vehicle but can’t recall his user name.

Neil 46 or something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CARRYFAST

robthedog:

Wheel Nut:

Tarmaceater:
I think there was a Trucknet member who worked for an American company that supplied transport to Iraq and Afghanistan called KBR , for an interview in Texas then fly out to the danger zones driving fuel or water tankers and general haulage with the risk of being shot at , kidnapped or the head chopped off .
His Avatar was an American armed vehicle but can’t recall his user name.

Neil 46 or something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CARRYFAST

Errrr, NO! :laughing: :laughing:

As Wheel Nut said, it was Neil 46.

Tarmaceater:
There is a huge depot in Coventry near the arena on the industrial estate where Co-op is, it’s a Turkish firm with it’s own warehouse.
And what happened to Willi Betz , they were everywhere, used to see their laundry drying out on motorway fences ?

Barsan?

Barsan , that’s the winning ticket !

Barsan logistics , right opposite mecalac where i work.we loaded 2 russian motors last week,trailers are a sight to behold the interior in the photo , several belarus motors over the last few weeks, and a greek geezer with a headboard proclaiming him to be benny hill
Tony

20210525_112035.jpg

Tarmaceater:
Do the Middle Eastern drivers have to stop in the live lane on the M6 when it is time for prayers and will the truck have to face East ?
And drive with no shoes and socks ?

Or be 25 stone and read the sun?

There where two Iranian motors with Iranian plated tauts on the back parked up in Nuneaton last year.
Also over the past couple of weeks there have been a few Greek lorries pulling fridges in Spalding, all three where parked up together last Sunday in Sutterton Truckstop.
Can’t remember the name, but were white units and fridges, with the name in big red letters on the trailer and front of unit above windscreen.

Plus there are plenty of fridges and units on Moroccan plates all over the UK binging fruit and veg over, and a few pulling plants and flowers over.

Rusky in Southall last week

robthedog:
Rusky in Southall last week

we loaded their fleet number 3523 25/05 , 2 backhoes , direct load for moscow

tony

Another Rusky in Poyle today

our Moscow loads used to be done by poles transhipping to russians in poland , but we are getting more direct russian reg vehicles in to load now, i’ve another one due in today. its all ex works via Gefco Moscow or Projecta also in moscow. anything for St petersburg they send via roro out of tilbury then tranship onto another roro in antwerp.

tonyj105:
our Moscow loads used to be done by poles transhipping to russians in poland , but we are getting more direct russian reg vehicles in to load now, i’ve another one due in today. its all ex works via Gefco Moscow or Projecta also in moscow. anything for St petersburg they send via roro out of tilbury then tranship onto another roro in antwerp.

Yes it’s strange now, I wonder why the Russians are coming direct maybe the poles have put the rates up. Paperwork wise probably not much difference do you send the Goods on a Carnet ?

robthedog:

tonyj105:

Yes it’s strange now, I wonder why the Russians are coming direct maybe the poles have put the rates up. Paperwork wise probably not much difference do you send the Goods on a Carnet ?

Gefco send us the CMR, and 2 sets of invoice and packing lists , 1 set invoiced from coventry to the russians swedish company , and another set invoiced from their swedish company to the russian company. its ex works traffic so customer collects , luckily we just have to print out what they send and hand to driver once he’s signed for the machines. i think they dropped the poles as there was too much damage when they transhipped the backhoes in poland and handily for them there are more actual russian jobbies looking to get back to the motherland . he’s on the bay loading now

robthedog:

I’ve done my fair share of transhipping to and from Russia and can attest to that it is a pain in the bottom for all involved. The Russian trucks used to take the load in and out of Russia for a song and a dance, but the customer has to pay for an extra unloading, storage and loading plus all the extra paperwork.

Not wanting to have any contact with western European BAG etc was the main reason of not crossing Frankfurt Oder before, but the tackle is getting better as everyone can see so not so much to fear anymore.

Somebody has to cross the border which is the ballache bit clearing out of the EU into Russia or vice versa every time I’ve crossed it normally takes 6-8 hours from start to finish to be stamped out and in, and theLatvians can be worse than the Russians you certainly need to hit the border with a card with plenty of time on it.
The trucks that venture this far west might be ok but the further you venture into Russia the rougher they get some of the sheds flying round the moscow ring are absolute death traps

Crossing the border is still the cheap part and a necessary evil either way.

We’re loading a couple of backhoes on monday for kazakhstan , they’re transhipping in poland, sorted by our moscow dealer.

danalex84:
There where two Iranian motors with Iranian plated tauts on the back parked up in Nuneaton last year.
Also over the past couple of weeks there have been a few Greek lorries pulling fridges in Spalding, all three where parked up together last Sunday in Sutterton Truckstop.
Can’t remember the name, but were white units and fridges, with the name in big red letters on the trailer and front of unit above windscreen.

Plus there are plenty of fridges and units on Moroccan plates all over the UK binging fruit and veg over, and a few pulling plants and flowers over.

Interesting stuff. Never seen any Greek, Russian or Moroccan.

Must of been a change that makes it easier for Non Eu hauliers to operate to UK.