Turkish Trucks

Didn’t know these were from Turkey,was talking to the driver ,very pleasant young man from Ankara.

regards derek

theyve been in England for years
i have an idea about Turks
basically its this
do they come direct from Turkey or do they do change overs with there German
cousins

I think most of them come direct from Turkey.I was helping a young Turkish driver with his map to locate his drop in Middleton when I saw him on Oxford MSA a short while ago.
He came from Gaziantep in Southern Turkey. and when I told him I was trucking through Gaziantep over 30 years ago he was gobsmacked,he thought he was a trail blazer!
I said when I was in Gaziantep I remember seeing him as a shoeshine boy on a street corner.Ha ha.

They have been coming over for donkeys years, i remember standing on the stairs on a friday night in Dover with some of them, to say some were hygenically challenged was an understatment, then again some of the brits and fellow western europeans were not much better?? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I think the TR identifier on the reg plates might be a giveaway. :laughing:

Ken.

think the one on the left may be cold he’s got his gas fire on!! :laughing: :laughing:

ulusoy are a massive company that have boats and buses (i believe unless they are a different company), an my opinion, the turks probably have the most modern european trucks on the road, dont see them in old junk anymore (unlike the british :laughing: ), hard workers too. ekol have a large place in germany, and i have seen german trucks pulling their trailers too

betz is the best man to ask!

ULUSOY, are the willy betz of turkey, a depot in every town…i used to load a lot from them for the uk. All of the depots were efficient, and the staff polite and helpful, plus they used to give us running money as well. As for turk cleanliness, ive seen more scruffy brits, than turkish ones, just look at their trailer boxes, and how they always wash up after a meal, unlike some brits i`ve travelled with who chuck the pots to one side, to wash it later or the next day.

I’ve met 2 Turks.
first was from Bigs smilesville. probably because i removed his wheel clamp for him.

Second one got out of his cab wearing a silver 3 piece suite.

I saw 6 turkish trucks all from the same company, 5 were in a convoy. They were going southbound on the M1 on friday night. They must not have liked the other driver as he was driving alone way out in front!
Dont they dont quite a bit of automotive transport? I have seen them up at Toyota in Derby and around that area.

Some of the best blokes on the road are Turks, the Hungarians and the Czechs would always help as well with anything from repairs, tyres to translations. I had one rewire my Saviem in exchange for an icecream at Leuven services :wink:

yeah Ulusoy are massive company in Turkey , - surprise to see Ulusoy trucks at N.I.R :open_mouth:

Euromat - u r correct :wink: they have own the buses and ferries also Turkish National football team use their bus for travels .

Ulusoy had been came here UK for many years - probably the first turkish transport company enter the UK ? who know?

At moment there has increase numbers of Turkish lorries travelling to European than before - seen them everywhere in Germany & Belgium & UK

Of course Turkish drivers always seem friendly, offer you share thier meal & brew and help out for anything. Also once Ulusoy driver had been offer me a nice egg omelette meal at Dover Freight Centre, nice chap. I always called them Turkish drivers are King of the Road in the Europe :wink:

Also will put more turkish trucks photos later :wink:

Betz:
Of course Turkish drivers always seem friendly, offer you share thier meal & brew and help out for anything.

In the early eighties, me and our lass were hitching down to Greece and were dropped at a services near München on a Saturday afternoon.
There were a load of Turkish trucks weekended there and they were all enjoying a right royal scran up out of their trailer boxes.
Without thinking twice, they waved us over to join them and share their meal, followed by tea and raki :exclamation:
Top blokes and great crack.
Of course, it had nowt to do with our lass having long, blond hair… :laughing: :laughing:

This is a Turkish Mack and fridge trailer, complete with TIR plate (and a Michelin Man) - and the year was 1972. I took the picture in Istanbul, and since I first drove across Turkey, which was over 40 years ago, I can remember Turkish trucks doing International work - especially up to Germany. But the Turks weren’t alone - the Iranian trucks (usually Macks) were going to Germany as well in those days.

The first 2 digits (34) of the number plates on the Ulusoy Volvos, used to indicate an Istanbul registration, I don’t know if that still applies - I haven’'t been to Turkey for 25 years.

Sheeter - Yes number code on regs plate - 34 Istanbul, looks like they never had change for long time :wink:

euromat:
my opinion, the turks probably have the most modern european trucks on the road, dont see them in old junk anymore (unlike the british :laughing: )

Can’t comment on the drivers as I’ve never spoken to one, but in the last couple of months I’ve seen 2 Cursors and 2 Axors from Turkey.

Hands up who wants to do international work in either of these …■■

TC

The_Catman:

euromat:
my opinion, the turks probably have the most modern european trucks on the road, dont see them in old junk anymore (unlike the british :laughing: )

Can’t comment on the drivers as I’ve never spoken to one, but in the last couple of months I’ve seen 2 Cursors and 2 Axors from Turkey.

Hands up who wants to do international work in either of these …■■

TC

I saw a turkish axor on Thurrock services the other monday morning, with TWO quite large turkish gents in it, they were even bigger when they got out to stretch their legs and have a ■■■, both were very smart / clean looking.

Double Man team in a AXOR, there a bit cramped for shunting in the yard :laughing:

TBF, all the turks I have had to deal with, were very nice and very proffessional.

@ the_ catman

IF the wages are okay no problem,
I have done trips in 280bhp merc and also a
280 man., sorry yes I would love A nice work place,
to drive and live in,however that is not as
important as the wage, which pays the bills.

Every time i see Turkish lorries they seem to be parked in layby’s boiling up Jack Russels for there dinner! :confused:

Betz:
Sheeter - Yes number code on regs plate - 34 Istanbul, looks like they never had change for long time :wink:

I think the Turksh registration numbers are numbers in alphabetical order.
34 has always been Istanbul,I don’t know most of them obviously,but Adana is 01 which gives you the idea.