North Wales Haulage company's

Yes it definately looks like Penmaenmawr quarry and it certainly is a long way down…wouldn’t like to go over the edge there.

Al

roadcommander2:
Hi Jonmea,

Do you have any Cawley Bros pics by any chance?

Im particularly after a pic of the Foden Alpha eight wheeler they run ( in their colours, not Hanson).

Cheers
Mark

I havent got any cawley bros pics yet. I will try to get some when im back at work. havent seen them around much lately.

One of Roland Young’s artics coming onto the Gore quarry weighbridge.

Not a Foden,but one of Cawley Bros, ERF artics, having a break at the Lazy Kettle truckstop near Oswestry.

Some really good pics there Dave…love the tipper ones…cheers :wink:

Al

A few older moters for you Al.
Got lots more on the Welsh Border thread.
Cheers Dave.

Nice one Dave…i have looked at quite a lot of your’e other thread also and there is some really good pics…keep em coming mate :wink:

Couple of pics borrowed(with kind permission from Bubbleman)from another thread…

Al

This is a photo of John Richards with his AEC he owned this truck for 15 years, He replaced it with a Mercedes.John took over the family business
which run petrol Bedfords and LAD Dodge lorries on quarry work/ cement and coal for many years and later for Colas /Laybond in Saltney.John sold this
AEC to David Hopkins of Loughbrough who had the mandator restored.John operated from Mold road Buckley but unfortunatly passed away in 1996.

john

Great Pics… I remember seeing more than a few of them.

Anyone got any Photos of Robin Jones’ Contsructors he had?

Nice to see the North Wales ones. Keep them coming. :smiley:

Hi,
Late 70’s early 80’s I used to run up and down the A5 to Anglesey quite a lot , smartest fleet round there then was Pritchard bros from Gaerwen, Their two tone green 86’s 88’s F 10’s were always well turned out, used to have a good craic on the cb with them.
Also remember Parrys transport dark blue Atki’s from Pen y Groes they really used to motor.

Baynes and son always have well turned out trucks,here’s one of there’s…

Al

One of O’grady’s,Bangor…

Al

scantheman:
Anyone got any pics of North wales haulage companies…Old or even new stuff…LE Jones,Gwynedd Shipping or similiar or just pics of trucks on the North wales roads…

Al

got a few of cawley brothers llanrwst

Any chance of posting them mate?..nice motors cawley bros have.

Al

mike thomas:

scantheman:
Anyone got any pics of North wales haulage companies…Old or even new stuff…LE Jones,Gwynedd Shipping or similiar or just pics of trucks on the North wales roads…

Al

got a few of cawley brothers llanrwst

There’s a write up about L E Jones in this weeks Commercial Moter,about how they came back from the brink.

Was it only a couple of years ago they were in a bit of trouble and had there operaters license restricted?..are they ok now?

Al

scantheman:
Was it only a couple of years ago they were in a bit of trouble and had there operaters license restricted?..are they ok now?

Al

They had their license revoked last yaer,but got it back on appeal with it curtailed on the number of vehicles they run.Since then they have bought a haulage firm from Bridgenorth Shropshire and also use about 30 subbies.
Cheers Dave.

Volvo FM7 bulker seen on the A5 just before joining the A483 yesterday.

Al