Wrexham area haulage firms

Hi to all ,Trying to find some pics or info on some of these haulage firms
Wm Coopers. they were on the Park wall near Gwersyllt
Bodfari sand and gravel . They had a few quarries around Wrexham area
And Nancy Thompsons Cuckoo’s nest Pulford. They had Yellow 4 and 6 wheeler tippers
with red chassis .My dad worked there early 70’s drove a ergo cab Super comet
Also Clwyd waste disposal he drove a Albion Reiver and a Bedford Km
I remember when he worked for Bodfari going to Gresford Garage to pick up
a brand new M A N 30.232 8 legger never been so proud as i was that day
Thanks all :smiley: Just a couple of pics of My Dad’s Fodens for Holmes Plant Hire

holmes foden 1.jpg

foden 2.jpg

Only name I recognise is Bodfari. I think I loaded out of a quarry of theirs near Mold once. This is the only picture I have.

Hi boys
■■■■■■■ 220. I remember all those firms but sorry no photos What is your fathers name and is he still with us.

regards keith

Cheers lads ,Thanks truckfing good pic,Hi Keith My dads name was John Roberts
Sadly he is no longer with us ,He finished his Driving career with Holmes Plant Hire
in Wrexham ,Mainly on low loader work or carring Billets from brymbo steel to Cable street wolverhampton
Or Pulling ther trailer for Miles macadam from No Mans Heath :smiley:

We see plenty of J H Willis artic milk tankers from Wrexham passing through this way.

A couple of theirs taken at Carmarthen Truckshow.

Good pics them Dave ,I remember when Willis’s ran all ERF’s in the late 70’s

Gots loads of McCarthy’s when I find them.
Cheers Dave.

Hi boys
I knew John RIP sorry to hear he’s not with us anymore.I went to Cable St a few times,used to do a odd load of scrap into Brymbo as return loads for Mrs James. I now work for G Mayer plant hire driving there Scania 144 530 lowloader which we brought of Holmes when it was 3 years old. Just wish I had taken more photos. Have you any you could put on?

Regards Keith

Hi Keith ,I cant find any pics at all ,I keep looking on all sites trying to find some , Is the Scania a black 6x4
Cheers Mark

Hi Mark yes 6x2 with wide load across the front. sorry having trouble with photobucket at the moment so cannot put a photo up but if you look a what ive posted in the past you should find one of it. John used to drive the Foden didn’t he, wasn’t that a 6x4 ?
Dave you mentioned McCarthy does anyone remember his brother that used to run a couple of motors from Marchwiel mainly tipper work out of Minera.

Regards Keith

Yes Keith he had a couple of fodens the last one was a 6x4 if i remember right
nice truck it was painted in the American flag colours when First bought then painted grey
He had some good trucks in his time there ,One was a Foden S80 or S83 with a ■■■■■■■ 220 would only do 50 mph but up hill or down hill fully loaded with the king swan neck trailer on lol

A49 Ludlow bypass April 2010,

truckfing:
Only name I recognise is Bodfari. I think I loaded out of a quarry of theirs near Mold once. This is the only picture I have.

Hi Truckfing,
Is that Bill, or Ben, whose head is protruding from the submerged flowerpot ? :laughing: :laughing:

Cheers, cattle wagon man.

A49 near Bayston Hill August 2010.

September 2012.

A49 Ludlow bypass.

■■■■■■■ 220:
Hi to all ,Trying to find some pics or info on some of these haulage firms
Wm Coopers. they were on the Park wall near Gwersyllt
Bodfari sand and gravel . They had a few quarries around Wrexham area
And Nancy Thompsons Cuckoo’s nest Pulford. They had Yellow 4 and 6 wheeler tippers
with red chassis .My dad worked there early 70’s drove a ergo cab Super comet
Also Clwyd waste disposal he drove a Albion Reiver and a Bedford Km
I remember when he worked for Bodfari going to Gresford Garage to pick up
a brand new M A N 30.232 8 legger never been so proud as i was that day
Thanks all :smiley:

hello ■■■■■■■ i can remember Thomsons cuckoos nest having Commer 2 strokes tippers as did Thomas brothers from Salop road and Leyland comet tippers on colliery work . E Cunnaghs had some Thornycroft tipp[ers have not seen thier MANS lately .
On the N Wale thread are pictures of Willis and D h Jones / japcrap . thanks Trevor

Think this is ex Bodfari, seen in Manchester

Hi all i have actually found my Dad’s truck the day we brought it from Gresford Garage back to the Quarry ,Where the bloke from Commercial Motor was waiting to take a picture for the mag.
It is a 30.232 and the reg is DMB670S .But because it was going in the August issue the last letter was air brushed into a T