North Wales Haulage company's

Was pleased to see this snap I had taken in 1977, which was on the office wall!
What a great firm … anyone else got any snaps of their trucks?

hi sbf10,
Brilliant photos,i’d never seen them before!That new mk5 AEC 8 wheeler really looked the part.they were a stunning lorry in the right livery.
regards andrew.

Hi sbf10
remember them well, thanks for posting
what year was the sale?
regards Keith

dessert driver:
Hi sbf10
remember them well, thanks for posting
what year was the sale?
regards Keith

1994?

L

100DEC1B-1044-4ACE-B182-607671C46177.jpeg

:slight_smile:

STEEL BOY , A fine photo album ,very good pics keep them coming ,cheers Barry

barrywaddy:

+1, Top pics Graham, I’m sure one of Shones sliders ended up at D.J Leddington in Kingswinford, a 36 footer and a bit on the heavy side I remember! Cheer’s Pete

pete smith:

barrywaddy:

+1, Top pics Graham, I’m sure one of Shones sliders ended up at D.J Leddington in Kingswinford, a 36 footer and a bit on the heavy side I remember! Cheer’s Pete

they did like to spec them well !

Could have done what Mayers did and run with no well board, that way you never got any flat iron work, only coils!

Barry, glad you like em…

steelboyf10:

pete smith:

barrywaddy:

Could have done what Mayers did and run with no well board, that way you never got any flat iron work, only coils!

Barry, glad you like em…

Graham,
It was one of Mayer’s trailers that John bought :blush:, Cheer’s Pete

pete smith:

steelboyf10:

pete smith:

barrywaddy:

Barry, glad you like em…

Graham,
It was one of Mayer’s trailers that John bought :blush:, Cheer’s Pete

Bet it had no well boards, never did flat iron only coil :wink:

Another cracker from Paul Gee,s
Green Bros from Brymbo used to carry bars from the local works

CJ0005.JPG

Hi, Steel Boy , I like the way Shones always had the D M reg ,we could never get on feet on the steel ladder , done plenty internal with day work , and the COKE JOB , W was in asda last week and bumped into an old Steel Driver Gordon Roberts ,AKA , as Knobby ,ex Boswels , Spilt some diesel, Cheers Barry

barrywaddy:
Hi, Steel Boy , I like the way Shones always had the D M reg ,we could never get on feet on the steel ladder , done plenty internal with day work , and the COKE JOB , W was in asda last week and bumped into an old Steel Driver Gordon Roberts ,AKA , as Knobby ,ex Boswels , Spilt some diesel, Cheers Barry

Hi Barry
They always bought local trucks, Roland’s next to your yard for the Sed Atki’s and Lancashire trucks in Liverpool, for Volvos
Boswell were one of the first to close, the yard was very smart with all undercover parking, they had a tipper on coke also I remember.
GB

Shones were an early adopter of the Volvo marque, this was their first F86

Willis

image.jpeg

Not sure if they are still trading?, couple of ex Shones drivers worked for them, Brian “curly” Hughes, and Ronnie Jenks, used to do a lot out of Rubery Owen axles to CF at Dereham

image.jpeg

Another cracker from The Paul Gee thread worthy of bumping up the North Wales gang, think this motor was written off an the A41 later in life, no doubt loads from P and A in Mold with fence panels in this shot

2017-06-13 20.19.29.jpg

L E Jones Ltd - Ruthin - Scania R520 - (PN16OOJ):

Lymm Truckstop, 04.09.17.

007.JPG