No more lorry’s

truckerjimbo:

Nkh22:
Don’t post on here much, but as the title says, no more lorry’s for me. After applying to become a Trainee Train Driver in 2017 and completing numerous psychometric tests and interviews. I’ve just been advised I’ve passed everything and will start training later this year.!!! WOOOOOOHOOOOOO… Goodbye crap wages, people treating you like [zb].

Good luck all.!

Welcome to the brotherhood. Congrats.

Ive been a trainee train driver for the last 4 months its great. Hard work in the classroom doing PTS, Rules etc then onto Traction, handling hours then route learning,

JOIN ASLEF !!! not RMT.

Cheers mate, double excited about it all. Can’t wait to get started and yes I know it’s going to be hard work. But, I cannot wait. I’m sure you know yourself how many people you are up against to secure a position. ALSEF :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

GOOD LUCK :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

SuperMultiBlue:
Will be driverless within 5 years. Probably less

Spoil sport.! :wink:

Nkh22:

SuperMultiBlue:

It’s possible but it wont happen you’ll be there for life. I left driving for signalling over 5 years ago best thing I’ve ever done. Be prepared for how different they work compared to everything your used to, keep your mouth shut and follow instruction’s

Nkh22:

truckerjimbo:

Nkh22:
Don’t post on here much, but as the title says, no more lorry’s for me. After applying to become a Trainee Train Driver in 2017 and completing numerous psychometric tests and interviews. I’ve just been advised I’ve passed everything and will start training later this year.!!! WOOOOOOHOOOOOO… Goodbye crap wages, people treating you like [zb].

Good luck all.!

Welcome to the brotherhood. Congrats.

Ive been a trainee train driver for the last 4 months its great. Hard work in the classroom doing PTS, Rules etc then onto Traction, handling hours then route learning,

JOIN ASLEF !!! not RMT.

Cheers mate, double excited about it all. Can’t wait to get started and yes I know it’s going to be hard work. But, I cannot wait. I’m sure you know yourself how many people you are up against to secure a position. ALSEF :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

GOOD LUCK :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

It took me 4 years to get in but well worth it.

Train driving isn`t a job but a way of life.

Good luck with your training brother!!! :smiley: :smiley:

good luck fella,wages are a hell of a lot better than driving the HGVs,i know cos my bruv is on the central line,he’s on about £50,000 or more a year

mac12:

Nkh22:

SuperMultiBlue:

It’s possible but it wont happen you’ll be there for life. I left driving for signalling over 5 years ago best thing I’ve ever done. Be prepared for how different they work compared to everything your used to, keep your mouth shut and follow instruction’s

I’m no expert but that must be some responsibility on the signalling,you screw up and the ■■■■ hits the fan

Reef:

yourhavingalarf:
I’m as envious as Hell!

Indeed, as am I.

It’s the only other job I ever fancied doing,
(Rail freight actually) and real money and benefits too.

Good luck to you op.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X704F using Tapatalk

that’s funny really,both my brothers work on the railways,i was discussing it with my younger brother a couple of yrs ago and I said if I joined the railway it would have to be freight not passenger because freight is still related to movement of goods,is that weird or not

truckman020:

Reef:

yourhavingalarf:
I’m as envious as Hell!

Indeed, as am I.

It’s the only other job I ever fancied doing,
(Rail freight actually) and real money and benefits too.

Good luck to you op.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X704F using Tapatalk

that’s funny really,both my brothers work on the railways,i was discussing it with my younger brother a couple of yrs ago and I said if I joined the railway it would have to be freight not passenger because freight is still related to movement of goods,is that weird or not

I think it’s the same reason I never bothered with PSV…

I hate and loathe the general public [emoji38]

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk