Hello-at last!

Its just occurred to me that Ive been posting on here for a while and not even introduced myself :blush:
I passed class 2 in june last year with Zenith-Lee-on-solent.
I originally passed class1 at 21,19 yrs ago,worked for the company I passed with for a few months driving an F7 and a 400 series seddon atki with a 250 â– â– â– â– â– â– â–  and 9sp fuller,the tunes I could play on that box! Any way after a few months got a job on the railway and been there ever since,last 7 yrs driving trains(for a bus company),never got round to sending the pass cert off for my class 1 so have had to start all over again,live nd learn.
Fantastic forum by the way,very informative and helpful.

Simon. :smiley:

Hi Geordie
Nice to meet you mate.

**:D :smiley: :smiley: Welcome thegeordie :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:**

If you click the link in my signature it will lead you to an index where you can access a lot of info which may be of use to you :smiley: :smiley:

Thanks Rog,Mothertrucker,
Ive been reading post by both of you,everything is very helpful.
As Ive said elsewhere Im looking to make the jump to driving full time poss this year,Ive tried some agencies just to get a little experience,an odd day here and there to fit in around my current shift pattern,but no one seems to be interested,they’d rather Im hanging on the end of a phone 7 days a week ready to jump,sadly I cant do that!
Im thinking of approaching local company’s to see if thats a possibility,but Ill just take things as they come for now.

Simon, :smiley:

You swapped trains for trucks ?

Can you really afford to do that :unamused:

steve_24v:
You swapped trains for trucks ?

Can you really afford to do that :unamused:

I reckon he got CHUFFED OFF with trains :exclamation:

i assumed trains was a good number? after watching a tv dicumentary about london underground drivers, my experience of agencies has been very mixed!

thegeordie:
Its just occurred to me that Ive been posting on here for a while and not even introduced myself :blush:

Hi thegeordie WELCOME.:grimacing:

thegeordie:
I passed class 2 in june last year with Zenith-Lee-on-solent.
I originally passed class1 at 21,19 yrs ago,worked for the company I passed with for a few months driving an F7 and a 400 series seddon atki with a 250 â– â– â– â– â– â– â–  and 9sp fuller,the tunes I could play on that box! Any way after a few months got a job on the railway and been there ever since,last 7 yrs driving trains(for a bus company),never got round to sending the pass cert off for my class 1 so have had to start all over again,live nd learn.
Fantastic forum by the way,very informative and helpful.

Simon. :smiley:

I remember those trucks too mate. :smiley:
Bit of a bummer having to redo the whole LGV thing though :frowning:

Never mind, you’re here now, so I’d like to wish good luck to you. :stuck_out_tongue:

The money side of the job is nice but it aint everything,I travel 2hrs each way to work,then I have a 9hr45 shift to do once there,if I can get something closer to home it would obviously be nicer,plus on the sloppy side,Id get to see more of my 4yr old grandaughter than I do now :laughing:
Simon :smiley:

Hi dieseldave,do you remember the old bedford km’s,drove a few of them as well,when I could figure out how to release the hand brake that is :blush:

thegeordie:
Hi dieseldave,do you remember the old bedford km’s,drove a few of them as well,when I could figure out how to release the hand brake that is :blush:

HI thegeordie, no mate I never drove a KM.
The only Bedfords I drove were TKs. They were either a coal lorry or had a pantechicon body.
That was in my days with Birkenhead & District Co-Op. (CRS) :smiley:

which was harder geordie, learning to drive a train or a truck?

Well,how do I answer this without sounding big headed :question:
I never really found either very difficult.
The rules and regs for train driving is a bit tedious and the traction training can be confusing,you have to be able to drive and also fault find and rectify on every type of traction you may drive,imagine if you drive a mix of say Scania’s and Volvo’s,both swedish but you’ve to know them inside out,quite comprehensive course’s on the traction.

Simon :smiley: