Newton Abbot bridge strike

Approximately 12’6” is exactly 3 feet higher than 9’6”! Even my rudimentary maths skills can work that one out! What a doughnut! Like all these bridge strikers I wish they’d come on here and explain themselves. I genuinely would like to hear what their logic was as they approached the bridge. Not so I could take the ■■■■ just out of curiosity.

That’s his Stobart driving assessment passed with flying colours

nomiS36:
Approximately 12’6” is exactly 3 feet higher than 9’6”! Even my rudimentary maths skills can work that one out! What a doughnut! Like all these bridge strikers I wish they’d come on here and explain themselves. I genuinely would like to hear what their logic was as they approached the bridge. Not so I could take the ■■■■ just out of curiosity.

He’ll be of the ‘‘Sat nav totally reliant’’ generation of drivers as already said.
Maybe his battery ran low or it had gone off or something, in which case he would deffo blame it on that.
These knobs don’t know what initiative and common sense is…

‘‘Sat nav SENT me this way’’ :unamused:

robroy:

nomiS36:

He’ll be of the ‘‘Sat nav totally reliant’’ generation of drivers as already said.
Maybe his battery ran low or it had gone off or something, in which case he would deffo blame it on that.
These knobs don’t know what initiative and common sense is…

‘‘Sat nav SENT me this way’’ :unamused:

I just want to hear them say that or “my mate said I could go this way” or whatever.

Won’t some of the bridge have been LITERALLY LOWER THAN EYE LEVEL? :open_mouth:

blame the company for running old tat , if it was a new truck with all this anti collision , brake on its own paraphernalia on it , the truck would of stopped itself before hitting the bridge .

Carryfast:
:shock:

More proof that it’s more often a case of totally forgetting what they are actually driving ( in the form of truck v car ) than not ‘knowing’ the height of the vehicle v the bridge.Making trucks to drive like cars obviously just adds to that problem. :bulb:

To be fair there’s nothing car like about driving those blasted things! He’s more likely to have smashed it up at sheer exasperation at having to drive the bloody thing every day!

Basket:
Won’t some of the bridge have been LITERALLY LOWER THAN EYE LEVEL? :open_mouth:

It would have been when it smacked him on the nose.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Cosmic:

I wonder at any point did he think…oh looks a wee bit tight…ffs :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Ramming Speed!

Mercedes Bends!

Pennineman:
Mercedes Bends!

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

More proof that it’s more often a case of totally forgetting what they are actually driving ( in the form of truck v car ) than not ‘knowing’ the height of the vehicle v the bridge.Making trucks to drive like cars obviously just adds to that problem. :bulb:

To be fair there’s nothing car like about driving those blasted things! He’s more likely to have smashed it up at sheer exasperation at having to drive the bloody thing every day!

Blimey having said that if it’s anything like the 2534 to drive you might be right. :open_mouth: But there must be an easier and safer way to do it.Something along the lines of finding somewhere with deep water,then leave it gear with the engine running,then jump out and run and then tell the guvnor it’s been nicked. :smiling_imp:

But at least with the old Clydesdale you’d never forget it was a good old school lorry.Rather than in this case thinking it’s a Merc taxi from hell which covers both possibilities. :laughing:

Carryfast:

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

Blimey having said that if it’s anything like the 2534 to drive you might be right. :open_mouth: But there must be an easier and safer way to do it.Something along the lines of finding somewhere with deep water,then leave it gear with the engine running,then jump out and run and then tell the guvnor it’s been nicked. :smiling_imp:

But at least with the old Clydesdale you’d never forget it was a good old school lorry.Rather than in this case thinking it’s a Merc taxi from hell which covers both possibilities. :laughing:

Mention Clydesdale and I get all sentimental.

albion:

Carryfast:

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

Mention Clydesdale and I get all sentimental.

Didnt know you were into horses…and that would be nigh on rubbing it’s ears on one side of that bridge, left alone the cart it would have been pulling .